aberdeen-music

Your last great musical rediscovery...

diarmaid

"Get down awn yo muthafukin kneeez..."

Yeah, that version was ace, some of their album has stood up well, Kool Roc Bass particularly, it is a micro-genre template all of its own.

The opening track 'Waking Up the Brain Farm' is just amazing. The bit where the drums roll in and it kicks off with the female vocal just gets my goosebumps going every time.

They went really shite though, 2nd album was ding and I never bothered after that. I don't know if they even DID anything after that.

• Upvote 1

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Tim Minchin and the Heritage Orchestra

I know there are a lot of haters here but I really can't say enough good things about this record. I'm a lover of Tim's work anyway but he excels himself here.

If you're unfamiliar with him or not a fan then check "The Fence" out on youtube - the melody is absolutely wonderful, the whole song is a lot of fun whilst still saying something worthwhile rather than just being a joke.

xx

Listened to System Of A Down - Toxicity for the first time in what must be a couple of years on my drive in this morning. Amazing album. Really forgot how good it is. Chop Suey is so good even my Mum used to like it when it came on MTV|2.

I am listening to the first album by Compulsion from 1994, what an awesome album, was always surprised they were never bigger.

I also continue to support The Ting Tings despite the appalling sales of their new album, it is not nearly as good as 'We Started Nothing' admittedly which is a fave on the car stereo when driving to work at the moment especially the title track.