aberdeen-music

MOSHULU is changing...

good thing Moshulu's getting a refurb! last one was abit of a pisstake in my opinion...

should get a hotdog stand inside the place! just like the cathouse in glasgow.. that made my night last time i was there:P

Best: dancing and singing in the backroom to a song i apparently didnt know..fell over a few times too :)

Worst: getting thrown out with one my friends for fighting, strange thing was, i was upstairs taking a piss when this apparently happened, ah well!

I'm wondering if there will actually be enough bar staff when they re-open. Having one member of staff round the back (occasionally two) and two at the front was a shit-take. I've lost count how many times I've abandoned the idea of getting a drink and have just gone home. Back in the day I recall there being roughly three round the back and sometimes six or seven round the front.

*snigger*

143949012_dfd86fc811.jpg?v=0

I think when it became Barfly that's when all the best bands that played there finally started coming this far up north, mind you, they never came back...

It's all subjective but most of the best bands played when RFR (Ross and Jamesy) were booking the bands. At least there were bands i wanted to see on in there back then (believe me i have a very broad taste in music) there haven't been many for ages.

• 3 weeks later...

First ive heard about not having an alchohol license - thats completely untrue.

There is a lot of rumours going about...some being...the following:

-its turning into a cybergoth club

-its turning into a jazz bar

-its going to be black with red carpets and white lights

-its going to be an electronic dance club

-bubblegum and candyfloss

all not true.

Basically, here goes (and bear in mind if your coming to the gigs this weekend youll see for yourself).

From next week the venue re-opens from the 17th for clubnights and live events forwards. This weekends gig have been confirmed for ages so we are opening to accomodate them and then using the 5 days after to do finishing touches.

Changes to the Venue:

-Toilets ripped out and started from scratch - new everything in there now (both toilets)

-new lighting on walls, panel sides above seating, general club lighting,

-mirrrors at side gone, replaced with panel walls and seating to go in front

-seating in general upped in the venue - ridiculously nice leather seats and cool chairs in there now

- carpet in main room / back room / foyer is gone - main club area is now wood floors, foyer and back areas / small area in main room are carpeted

-the cage/ ugly grids beside the stairwell have gone

-the dj booth has been modified into a gear / storage / tune up area for techs

-bars been stripped back and replaced

-the meat flaps which seperate the two rooms are gone - replaced with a stand alone corrider which seperates the back room and front

-back room has had a bigger / better pa installed with better DJ equipment also, wooden floors, bars replaced, more lighting, carpeted area and general tidy up.

Thats ll i can think of for now, but there has literally been so much changed that i could be missing something!

Colour wise- youll have to see for yourself but its much brighter, nicer and less dark and dingy!

New website is on its way, in the meantime use the old moshulu one for gig listings.

Clubs go live from next week - details to follow.

sm

x

Aberdeen Thurs

Jaegermeister shots 1.20

Bottles Carlsberg: 1.00

House Vodka/Mixer 1.00

VK Apple/Orange 1.00

Sambuca 1.00

Tequila 1.00

Aberdeen Fri and Sat

Bottles Carlsberg: 1.50

House Vodka/Mixer 1.50

VK Apple/Orange 1.50

Sambuca 1.50

Tequila 1.50

Friday only Jack and Coke 1.50

Better be careful the licensing board don't get wind of these prices, what with the 72 hour rule for drinks prices.