aberdeen-music

The worst thing i have ever heard/seen

noisecorechris

Since i was only joking i have no idea how they are financed. Having said that a band that have worked hard and earned the money and their place in the music scene deserve to put their music out, make videos etc and will be considerably better from experience. A band that have had it handed to them for whavtever reasons, won't be. Lack of experience and will also not appreciate what they have as much because they haven't worked as hard to for it.

Your enormous blanket statements actually astound me.

That cover is heartbreaking, Fleetwood Mac have the most genuine emotion in thier music and these guys do that? Infuriatingly horrible cover.

EDIT: 95% sure the bassist was in The Lost Boys.

(emoticon for pulling the collar of my shirt to one side repeatedly to let air in, looking worried and making a nervous noise)

also

The video is how they recorded it. one take. cameras awai. lens flare.

Even in with bands who seemingly have no song structure and write primarily dissonant music, you usually can see some logic underpinning it. Some progression of ideas and something to tie the music together

YouTube - The Crinn - Voluptuous Eruptions

Will hopefully demonstrate the point. The 'Design the Skyline' song was just a series of really crappy riffs and random noises during the non autotuned bits. The only bit that even sounded like they were attempting to write music was during the 'singing' and it wasn't exactly remarkable. Vocally, the growls are pretty horrid, and the screams are even worse. The last 30 seconds of the song is indefensible as well. All of the br00tal deathcore bands doing the rounds at the moment sound 10000x better than their attempt.

Plenty of 'experimental' bands throw in random wacky sections that don't fit in with the music out of striving to be different, but this is a whole new level. I've never heard anything so bad from a serious band who are actually signed to a record label. Music this bad should be confined to a pisstake between a bunch of drunk/stoned friends looking to amuse themselves. It's hard to believe they tour with this music and obviously got popular enough to be signed.

Check the names too. Such musical luminaries as 'Johan Martian' and the unforgettable 'Dani Doom'. Finally, a 7 piece band.... why? Everyone knows the simple formula, less members = more money for each member :p

Good reply. That example is significantly better than the other garbage.

I'm absolutely not an expert on "screaming + synthetic effects music", but this is undeniably terrible. Try this analogy: I think The Empire Strikes Back is one of the best films ever made, yet Attack of the Clones is one of the worst things, ever. Why? It takes something great and injects it with as much special effects as technologically possible which completely distracts from the storyline. The plot makes very little sense in any sort of context. The characters are annoying and the acting is fucking awful. It can't decide if it is an action film, a love story or or a traditional Star Wars space adventure: which leads to a maelstrom of fuck in the sequence od scenes throughout the movie. Basically, it took something I love and queefed all over it.

These exact same principles can be applied to this band. I mean listen to the fucking guitar sound, man. What on God's geen Earth is that all about? The structure of the song is absolutely terrible. I mean, Carson Wells are pretty "non-linear" in our song structure, but this is something else. The amount of production that has gone into it means the sounds barely resemble instruments... or something.

Its just fucking awful. Worse than anything I've heard yet.

Another good reply. I guess I feel the same about crap hip hop music. The stuff that people highlight as being rubbish ruin the chances of others delving deeper to listen to the good stuff. I suppose this video is pretty typical of what springs to mind when I think of this 'genre', purely because it's shitty younguns like this who are making the polished videos and racking up the views on youtube, etc., meaning the likes of uneducated me is gonna be put off raking through the tripe to listen to a band such as the one keeno posted.

• 3 weeks later...

I saw a band in a club in town about three weeks ago (I can't remember the place..I think it was Drummonds), the lead thought that he was Jim Morrison, was flailing about the stage like he had a stoat down his trousers and proceeded to sing several Doors songs....unfortunately he didn't seem to know the words to the songs and was even singing a different song to the one the band was playing!!!!!

I saw a band on Scuzz last night. Forgot their name. Two singers, not Yashin. But they were shite. Weird techno stuff with the beatdowns, I originally thought it may be Attack Attack! but it wasn't. Horrible stuff. Then it suddenly broke down into some Dubstep a la Enter Shikari. But it was just horrible and out of place. then some rapper came on and shouted two lines along with the dubstep then it finished.

o_O

• 3 weeks later...