aberdeen-music

Sandi Thom vs Andrew Learmonth!

Dave-IRL

Good to see that people are still lapping up every word she says.

Oh, but I liked her new column! I've also enjoyed Ethiopian food and I hope the omission of the importance of using injera bread to scoop the food wasn't a massive faux pas on her part!

If only I could write some songs and get a deal with Sony. Then everyone in the north-east of Scotland could be just as impressed by my knowledge of ethnic cuisine.

I'm confused.....has Sandi got crabs??? She shouldn't have made that US video. Mind you...she could start a crabcore band now :)

I once got a dose of buckies from an ex g/f......she should've told me she was infested. It was very shellfish of her. I sarcastically thanked her for it when we met years later...all she said was "You're whelkome". She once was my friend...now she's anenome.

etc etc

(Done in cramps fashion)

Sandi's got crabs

Sandi's got crabs,

ooooooooh ooooooooh

Sandi's got crabs....

Hey wait a minute....

Sandi's got crabs

Sandi's got crabs,

ooooooooh yeeeeeaaaahhhhh

Sandi's got crabs....

The End.

(I just want to state I never listened to Sandi Thom only that song from the radio - that just popped into my head lol friday feeling n all)

Friday, June 26, 2009

R.I.P Micheal Jackson

Wow. What can i say?

The greatest pop icon of all time has died. Its unbelievable.

I turned on the news lastnight and was so shocked, at first they were saying that he was in a coma and eventually it unfolded that he had in fact passed away.

All I can say is that if there was anyone in this world that was an inspiration to every musician on the planet it was Micheal Jackson.

He was the greatest star of our times and his music will last forever. His musical legacy will live on forevermore. Let's never forget, despite all the controversy, he wrote the most incredible songs and was the most amazing performer ever and that's how we should all remember him.

I just can't believe that he's dead.

The world of music has lost an absolute legend.

Big love

Sandi xx

(Done in cramps fashion)

Sandi's got crabs

Sandi's got crabs,

ooooooooh ooooooooh

Sandi's got crabs....

Hey wait a minute....

Sandi's got crabs

Sandi's got crabs,

ooooooooh yeeeeeaaaahhhhh

Sandi's got crabs....

The End.

(I just want to state I never listened to Sandi Thom only that song from the radio - that just popped into my head lol friday feeling n all)

I like that! However I would welcome the addition of some swearing, to make it more Sandi-esque..

"But all her pubic lice

are very fucking nice"

which gives it some positivity. As a DJ maybe you could do some 'scratching' of the crabsong????

Or we could add a .bit about Michael Jackson....

"Those crabs all came from Michael Jackson

Once they sang and danced his knacks on"

Sorry if I'm nit-picking.

In April, a sold out performance took place at the 200 capacity Crown Hotel Ballroom as part of the Nantwich Jazz Festival.

career going well then sandi, oh didnt glastonbury call this year?

the second album was a disastrous flop but sandi blames everyone apart from herself (e.g. the inability to actually write some good songs) hell even radio 2 plugged it to death and still no-one bought it...

sandi's excuses for its poor sales???

"I feel like my second album was too rushed. I felt under quite a lot of pressure when I was making it. I was out on the road and my label was really hassling me to get it finished. "I admit I was disappointed with it and now, when I look back, it was released too soon. "There were some things that were overlooked. It wasn't thought out properly. So, with my next album, I'm going to put my foot down and spend as long as it takes to make it."

she should accept the fact she will only ever be remembered for that terrible song about wishing she was a punk rocker and thus will only been seen on channel 4 list programmes presented by jimmy carr. next!

she should accept the fact she will only ever be remembered for that terrible song about wishing she was a punk rocker and thus will only been seen on channel 4 list programmes presented by jimmy carr. next!

I don't think she'l even make it onto one of these god awful programmes. That JCB song probably beats her in the notable one hit wonder/novelty folk record of the mid 2000s stakes ..

you know i hadnt thought about sandi thom in a long long time (as i was a radio DJ at the height of her fame, i disliked her by default because of that record and every bastard caller wanting me to play it), im pleased to say i despise her even more now.

she has just got to accept she is a one hit wonder and even the god awful tractor song is better than i wish i was a punk rocker, thats her only achievement of any note!

• Upvote 1

you know i hadnt thought about sandi thom in a long long time (as i was a radio DJ at the height of her fame, i disliked her by default because of that record and every bastard caller wanting me to play it), im pleased to say i despise her even more now.

she has just got to accept she is a one hit wonder and even the god awful tractor song is better than i wish i was a punk rocker, thats her only achievement of any note!

I'm fairly certain there will be zero requests for that song now so you could probably safely go back to radio DJing and banish her from your thoughts forever. The people who bought and liked the record have moved on to whatever radio 1 is currently telling people to buy and her true fans can't call in a request because they exist only in her imagination and therefore cannot use a telephone.

I am still subjected to her infuriating anachronistic couplet almost every day on my walk to work as the shopping centre next to my house seems to have not changed its 10 song playlist for a few years.

I like that! However I would welcome the addition of some swearing, to make it more Sandi-esque..

"But all her pubic lice

are very fucking nice"

which gives it some positivity. As a DJ maybe you could do some 'scratching' of the crabsong????

Or we could add a .bit about Michael Jackson....

"Those crabs all came from Michael Jackson

Once they sang and danced his knacks on"

Sorry if I'm nit-picking.

OK something more like this...

S-S-S-SA-SA--Sandi's got f-f-f-fucking crabs

oooh fecking ooooooof

Break(in) down....

]I'm fairly certain there will be zero requests for that song now so you could probably safely go back to radio DJing and banish her from your thoughts forever. The people who bought and liked the record have moved on to whatever radio 1 is currently telling people to buy and her true fans can't call in a request because they exist only in her imagination and therefore cannot use a telephone.

Alas, for every Sandi Thom song that vanishes from our radio playlists, there will always be another Pokerface/Hollaback Girl/Nonsensical Tart Rant waiting to blight our ears and squeeze the soul out of 'popular' music.

Fuck me, even Blue are making a comeback! :down:

• 3 weeks later...
Another delightful insight into the world of Sandi Thom.

Sandi Thom column: Tragedy of war in Afghanistan - Evening Express

I read that yesterday in the paper. This stood out
CAN someone please tell me why we are fighting a war in Afghanistan?

I honestly have no idea why we are there.

Thats a fairly clear indication that something is rotten, isnt it? That I have to ask the question, why are we there?

No that's not a clear indication at all. You're Sandi Thom. Not a fucking genius.