aberdeen-music

The 'wondering about stuff' thread

Soda Jerk

Why some stupid drunk bitch thinks that 2.30am is a good time to stand in the street behind my house and scream, shout and cry until the police eventually come take her away.
sorry. I did say "shut the fuck up or I will use the fucking knife" but some people just can't take a hint.

Why some stupid drunk bitch thinks that 2.30am is a good time to stand in the street behind my house and scream, shout and cry until the police eventually come take her away.

Sounds like a good situation, that the police come and take them away. In Tillydrone, the screaming and shouting only ever ends by the person either shutting up, or going too far away that I can no longer hear them. I'd love to see them get clubbed by the bizzies.

Why has urinating in public typically been seen as a police intervention type scenario but it is now deemed OK to dump temporary plastic urinals in the street for use by pissheads presumably with police approval?

What next MASH style medical tents at strategic locations to improve facilities for those on the receiving end of a good shoeing?

• 3 weeks later...

A referee says:

There is no such term as "foul shout" or "speech play" in The Laws of the Game.

FIFA.com - The Laws of the Game click for a link to the pdf here.

However if a referee deems a player to have been unsporting in his conduct, ie by shouting 'mine' with no intention of actually getting the ball, then he can penalise him with an indirect free kick, and if serious enough, a caution. This would come under the offence "All other acts deemed unsporting by the referee".

I haven't ever seen it penalised in a professional, juvenile, amateur, junior or semi-pro match, but this is maybe because I have never seen the offence being committed anywhere other than GOALS!

• Upvote 1

Guest Gladstone

Here's another funny football rule one. One of the referees at Goals (Brian I think his name is) tried to tell me that in 11 a side football if a player takes a direct free kick, and kicks it directly into his own goal without it touching any other player, the referee should give a corner kick to the opposition.

Surely that can't be right?

Guest idol_wild
Here's another funny football rule one. One of the referees at Goals (Brian I think his name is) tried to tell me that in 11 a side football if a player takes a direct free kick, and kicks it directly into his own goal without it touching any other player, the referee should give a corner kick to the opposition.

Surely that can't be right?

Surely that's only if it's indirect? If it's direct, then EAT MY OWN FUCKING GOAL.

Game on, I say.

A referee says:

Ok, so the offence isn't actually just shouting the wrong thing, it's just unsporting conduct in general? thanks.

I'm surprised you haven't seen it in juvenile games. It used to happen quite a lot (less than a foul shy but more than a straight red). To the point where it was drilled into us to always shout our name when going for the ball.

Edit: not 'you', the ref you quoted.

Guest Gladstone
Ok, so the offence isn't actually just shouting the wrong thing, it's just unsporting conduct in general? thanks.

I'm surprised you haven't seen it in juvenile games. It used to happen quite a lot (less than a foul shy but more than a straight red). To the point where it was drilled into us to always shout our name when going for the ball.

Edit: not 'you', the ref you quoted.

Same. I thought shouting 'mine' or 'leave it' was against the rules.

Guest Gladstone

Holy shit:

The direct free kick

Ball enters the goal

if a direct free kick is kicked directly into the opponents goal' date=' a goal is

awarded

if a direct free kick is kicked directly into the teams own goal, a corner kick

is awarded to the opposing team

[/quote']

http://www.fifa.com/mm/document/affederation/generic/81/42/36/lawsofthegame_2010_11_e.pdf

Guest Gladstone
How would a direct free kick ever end up in your own goal? The only thing I can think of is if you were tanking the match in which case the rule could be in place to stop teams doing that. Although they'd probably concede from the corner anyway if that was the plan. Mysterious.

It's a bizarre rule. Passing a direct free kick back to your goalkeeper and he slips and misses the ball or something?

I can't imagine it's ever been used.

So what happens if its in indirect free-kick, and you float a cross in, everyone misses it, and it goes in? Or even if the cross misses everyone and the keeper is forced into making a save and the team score from the rebound? You've forced an error from the keeper from an indirect dead ball by what was essentially a shot on target, despite how unintentional it may have been.

Daft rules. All freekicks should be direct. Especially passback freekicks. Twatting the ball from 6 yards out. Mint.

Guest idol_wild
It's a bizarre rule. Passing a direct free kick back to your goalkeeper and he slips and misses the ball or something?

I can't imagine it's ever been used.

Dunno like, the wind down at Aulton would probably be strong enough to blow a direct free-kick into one's own net.

I fucking hated playing down there. Passing football on the deck for the win.

Guest Gladstone
So what happens if its in indirect free-kick, and you float a cross in, everyone misses it, and it goes in? Or even if the cross misses everyone and the keeper is forced into making a save and the team score from the rebound? You've forced an error from the keeper from an indirect dead ball by what was essentially a shot on target, despite how unintentional it may have been.

Daft rules. All freekicks should be direct. Especially passback freekicks. Twatting the ball from 6 yards out. Mint.

Indirect Free Kick:

Ball enters the goal

A goal can be scored only if the ball subsequently touches another player

before it enters the goal:

if an indirect free kick is kicked directly into the opponents goal, a goal kick

is awarded

if an indirect free kick is kicked directly into the teams own goal, a corner

kick is awarded to the opposing team

EDIT: If the keeper saves it, like in your scenario, it's his own fault - he should just let it drop into the net.

Guest Gladstone
Another good rule I like that noone seems to know is that if, at a goal kick the 'keeper passes the ball short to a defender and that defender is pressured by an attacker into entering the box before the ball has run out of it, the goal kick has to be re-taken.

I knew that one. Isn't it retaken if anyone touches the ball inside the box?

I learned that one at an under 11s game or something when the keeper passed it short to a defender and he just took it on inside the box. The ref rightly told us the rule, and the goal kick was retaken.

Guest idol_wild

i learned that one at an under 11s game or something when the keeper passed it short to a defender and he just took it on inside the box. The ref rightly told us the rule, and the goal kick was retaken.

Penalty and sending off.

Passback freekicks, they are indirect. Usually, every player on the opposing team just stands on the line, to try and block the upcoming shot from the layoff. However, could you just step up and blast the ball from the deadball situation, hoping it hits a defender on the way in? 11 players on the line. Chances of a deflection are high.

Guest Gladstone

A good toe-poke along the ground should see it at the worst ricochet back into the box. In fact, a guy standing looking like he's going to shift it to the left/right, with another guy on the ball, just toe pokes it after a feint by the "layer-offer" causing the defensive wall to move slightly causing enough of a gap for it to hit someone on the way in.

Awesome tactic.

Going back to the foul shouting...

My mate once shouted "Mine!" at that Garthdee football on a Sunday. The ref awarded a free kick, which then resulted us in telling him to stop being so pedantic. Obviously tempers were high so it wasn't as polite as that. Anyway, he claimed that if he'd shouted his name instead of "Mine!" then he wouldn;t have awarded it?!

Guest Gladstone
Going back to the foul shouting...

My mate once shouted "Mine!" at that Garthdee football on a Sunday. The ref awarded a free kick, which then resulted us in telling him to stop being so pedantic. Obviously tempers were high so it wasn't as polite as that. Anyway, he claimed that if he'd shouted his name instead of "Mine!" then he wouldn;t have awarded it?!

I think (going on above posts etc) that the rule is if you shout "mine" causing your team-mate to leave the ball for you it isn't a foul. But if you shout "mine" causing an opposition player to leave the ball for you, then it is bad sportsmanship and it is a foul.

If you shout your name and an opposition player leaves the ball for you, I'm not sure what would happen.

I remember a game we played against Banchory years and years ago. They had this guy in the team called "Spider" who everyone seemed to call "spides" or something like that. He claimed for a ball shouting "spides" and we got a free-kick because the ref thought he'd shouted "mine".

Also - back to wondering about stuff - I contemplated shouting something like "knock it up the line" to an opposition player last night in the hope he would pass to me. I bottled it. I've done that at training and kickabouts before and it's obviously the funniest thing you've ever seen/heard in your life when it comes off. Would that be unsporting behaviour and be a foul?