aberdeen-music

2009/2010 season thread.

Scorge

Ade should definitely be banned for a few games, and I think he probably will. Both incidents were out of order. RVP should be sanctioned too though for his tackle. Fines are pointless but missing the manc derby may shake up ade's ideas.

What winds me up though is the statement issued by RVP. How quick did they type that up?! it's an obvious attempt to incite a media furore. As much as I respect Wenger as a football man, some of the tricks he and the club pull in the media are disgusting. I bet RVP didnt even have a say on the matter. Wenger knows how big a part the media plays in clubs' fortunes (shaking a certain player's confidence, piling pressure on the manager, putting the club under scrutiny, etc) and some of this back handed stuff is as bad as the two footed tackles and the winding up of fans.

So much bullshit on this page.

Firstly; Paddy Kenny failed a drugs test. Adebayor provocatively celebrated in front of the Arsenal fans. How can you possibly say 'it's not fair that Adebayor gets X and Kenny gets Y'? The two are in no way comporable. Kenny gets his punishment, Adebayor gets his punishment. The offences are entirely different and it is totally ridiculous to level any sort of comparison.

Also; the suggestion that Van Persie should be banned for his original foul on Adebayor is absurd. His challenge deserved a caution, nothing more. It was reckless, but not overly so.

Adebayor should be suspended for his stamp and fined for his celebration.

Kenny should (and has been) banned for his failing the drugs test.

RVP should have been cautioned for his tackle, but wasn't. Them's the breaks.

Ade should definitely be banned for a few games, and I think he probably will. Both incidents were out of order. RVP should be sanctioned too though for his tackle. Fines are pointless but missing the manc derby may shake up ade's ideas.

What winds me up though is the statement issued by RVP. How quick did they type that up?! it's an obvious attempt to incite a media furore. As much as I respect Wenger as a football man, some of the tricks he and the club pull in the media are disgusting. I bet RVP didnt even have a say on the matter. Wenger knows how big a part the media plays in clubs' fortunes (shaking a certain player's confidence, piling pressure on the manager, putting the club under scrutiny, etc) and some of this back handed stuff is as bad as the two footed tackles and the winding up of fans.

I dunno. I reckon RVP would have done it on his own accord. Being studded in the face is serious enough, but for Adebayor to still be on the pitch uncautioned is enough to want to speak out about.

Ade's statement to the papers yesterday was that he doesn't think he did anything wrong. He then goes on to say that he tried to apologise to Van Persie after the game. What for, Ade? I thought you did no wrong? How about the profuse apologies after the game about the celebration too? All from innocent, do-gooding Emmanuel.

Firstly; Paddy Kenny failed a drugs test. Adebayor provocatively celebrated in front of the Arsenal fans. How can you possibly say 'it's not fair that Adebayor gets X and Kenny gets Y'? The two are in no way comporable. Kenny gets his punishment, Adebayor gets his punishment. The offences are entirely different and it is totally ridiculous to level any sort of comparison.

Also; the suggestion that Van Persie should be banned for his original foul on Adebayor is absurd. His challenge deserved a caution, nothing more. It was reckless, but not overly so.

This just goes to show that refs ken fuck all :finger:

I thought Van Persie's challenge could have been a red if he'd made more contact but I agree with you.

As an aside....

Referee, you're such a fucking penis

Referee, you're a horses arse

What a weird combination of insults.

I think RVP's challenge was quite heated, but he positioned himself quite well to not make contact with Adebayor and went for the ball, though it probably should have been a yellow for how needlessly aggressive it was.

On a more positive note, I'd never quite realised just how good of a player Adebayor actually is.

...when he can be arsed apparently, or so Arsenal fans will tell you.

Imagine Drogba and Adebayor as a strike partnership. Totally ace, totally dicks.

...when he can be arsed apparently, or so Arsenal fans will tell you.

Imagine Drogba and Adebayor as a strike partnership. Totally ace, totally dicks.

I really can't fault Drogba these days. This season he's been quality, and less of a cunt than ever.

Adebayor and Berbatov would make a superb partnership, in a way that they are uselessly shite when they 'can't be bothered' but pull out all the stops when they can. I'm sure Adebayor will get bored of being a good footballer again soon.

Paddy Kenny took Benylin (if a consummate professional with very good disciplinary records is to be believed) . Adebayor's antics caused a steward to get knocked out and could've incited a riot if the cops hadn't been spot on. Man takes Benylin, other man causes physical harm to an innocent party as a result of his actions. Are you stupid?

Disagree. Idiotic Cockneys caused a steward to get knocked out. Violent thugs.

I see a City fan has reported RvP to the police for his "inciteful" goal celebration... :up:

No, that was a reaction to something. They were provoked. They shouldn't have responded in that way but it was understandable. It was a stupid and dangerous thing to do and he shouldn't have done it and should be treated in the same way as any other person that does a similar thing.

If a spectator stood outside at a football match and goaded the opposing fans and started a riot they would be charged with incitement. Adebayor should be treated the same way. Just because he's famous doesn't mean he should be exempt from normal laws.

No, that was a reaction to something. They were provoked. They shouldn't have responded in that way but it was understandable. It was a stupid and dangerous thing to do and he shouldn't have done it and should be treated in the same way as any other person that does a similar thing.

If a spectator stood outside at a football match and goaded the opposing fans and started a riot they would be charged with incitement. Adebayor should be treated the same way. Just because he's famous doesn't mean he should be exempt from normal laws.

So what's the difference between Adebayor, and 2000 Arse fans (other than the numbers of them?). He reacted to their insults, they reacted to him. Technically speaking, the Arse fans incited themselves into a near-riot, so they should all be arrested.

(Yes, I know I'm being picky and arsey, but the fact football fans dish out abuse yet can't take ANYTHING back at all really annoys me)

So what's the difference between Adebayor, and 2000 Arse fans (other than the numbers of them?). He reacted to their insults, they reacted to him. Technically speaking, the Arse fans incited themselves into a near-riot, so they should all be arrested.

(Yes, I know I'm being picky and arsey, but the fact football fans dish out abuse yet can't take ANYTHING back at all really annoys me)

Nothing, and anyone seen to be abusing him other than in a reasonable bantery way should be charged as well, as should the people who threw things onto the pitch and hurt the steward. They probably will, whereas he won't.

He also did his warm up right in front of the Arsenal fans at the start of the game away from his other team mates.

He's also supposed to be a public figure, his actions are supposed to be reflective of this.

I'm sure the guy is not a fucking idiot, he knew exactly what he was doing and i'm sure it was premeditated. The goal was enough in its own right.

Just like when United fans went mental when Lee Miller bared his arse a couple of seasons back.

I think it's brilliant when footballers give back what they get from fans. Paul Hartley has done it at Pittodrie. So has Alan Hutton and Luca Toni. It's fucking annoying, but in retrospect also fucking brilliant.