aberdeen-music

2009/2010 season thread.

Scorge

All i was saying was that it would be disproportionate to give someone a ban for 9 months over something inconclusive where someone who blatantly did something worse will probably get much less. Is it not the same board that judges all disciplinary hearings for the FA regardless of the offence? If so any punishment meted out could be used as a yardstick so it's not ridiculous for them to be talked about in the same discussion.

I will also ask you: What would the likely punishment for a spectator that does the same thing? Should Adebayor not be treated in the same manner or is he somehow exempt from being judged on a level playing field?

Do the same thing? Spectators 'do the same thing' regularly - every single match. The thing being winding up your opponents. You don't think he was getting dog's abuse throughout the game? If anything, his retalliation was far less in proportion to what he and any other controversial football will have to put up with during a game.

If you were meaning a fan coming onto the pitch. Then for Adebayor to 'do the same thing' would be for him to go into the stands. Which would of course merited a huge ban and history has shown that players do get banned for those things.

That's just how I see things and is only concerned with the slide in front of the Arsenal fans, not the kick to RvP's head.

Do the same thing? Spectators 'do the same thing' regularly - every single match. The thing being winding up your opponents. You don't think he was getting dog's abuse throughout the game? If anything, his retalliation was far less in proportion to what he and any other controversial football will have to put up with during a game.

If you were meaning a fan coming onto the pitch. Then for Adebayor to 'do the same thing' would be for him to go into the stands. Which would of course merited a huge ban and history has shown that players do get banned for those things.

That's just how I see things and is only concerned with the slide in front of the Arsenal fans, not the kick to RvP's head.

Ok, to try and get across what i meant: If a fan of the opposing team was judged to have started a riot or had his/her actions resulted in a negative response from the other teams fans what would his/her punishment be? We're not talking running onto the pitch we're talking in the stands or outside the stadium.

Fucking Smoggies! As if we took the lead after 2 minutes and scuffed it. Why not an 88 minute flat back 10, like Rangers? I think we've taken the lead in just about every game this season, most of them have been drawn or lost. What a con. I blame Jeffers.

The Besiktas game was a dull as hell, but the atmosphere was awesome. The bit in the second half where the opposing stands of home fans took it in turns to chant and do some kind of gesture was epic. It started off with waving, moved to jumping, and then they turned their backs on the game whilst yelling something violent and hateful no doubt. The howling and whistling when United had the ball was insane. I really wanted Besiktas to score, just to hear how loud it would have gone. I bet Andy Gray would have soiled himself.

Turkish football is well ace.

Ok, to try and get across what i meant: If a fan of the opposing team was judged to have started a riot or had his/her actions resulted in a negative response from the other teams fans what would his/her punishment be? We're not talking running onto the pitch we're talking in the stands or outside the stadium.

Well it totally depends on what the fan did....!

If he just stood in front of the opposing fans gloating over how his team are much better than their team, then if a riot kicks off it's totally the fault of the fans.....which is analagous to the Adebayor situation.

If he chucked a bottle at the opposition fans however, then that's quite different.

The fact is, Adebayor while stupid, showed no violent intent to the Arsenal fans....it was just gloating. You can NOT dish out a lengthy ban for gloating. The fans MUST take responsibility for their own behaviour and recognise what is a proportionate response, and what isn't. Going mental like they did, was totally over the top.

Away vs. Blackpool tonight. I know absolutely nothing about them other than the fact that they've got Charlie Adam, so I'm not making any predictions. Carroll's back though, which will take a lot of pressure off of Wor Nile.

Ameobi's out for 2 months, though. What a gutter. Just as he was finally finding a bit of form :(. Hughton wants to bring in Diomansy Kamara or Marlon Harewood for a couple of months as cover. I'd rather have Kamara.

STV can't afford anything. They binned all the programs they have to pay for, like The Bill, and replaced them with these awful parochial programs they have made about Scotland, for no budget. Then they trumpet on about how great it is that they are making their own programs about Scotland, for the people of Scotland.

They seem to be on every night now at 8.30-9 and they are dull as fuck.

STV can't afford anything. They binned all the programs they have to pay for, like The Bill, and replaced them with these awful parochial programs they have made about Scotland, for no budget. Then they trumpet on about how great it is that they are making their own programs about Scotland, for the people of Scotland.

They seem to be on every night now at 8.30-9 and they are dull as fuck.

That pretty much is the long and short of it.

They could've got hefty revenue from advertising during CL games as well.