aberdeen-music

2009/2010 season thread.

Scorge

Got Nottingham Forest at home on Monday. I'm gonna be shitting myself right up to the final whistle. Win and we're as good as up; we'd only need a further 6 points to clinch promotion (well, 5 really; our goal difference is a lot better than theirs), but lose and it's squeaky bum time. We're unbeaten at home and they've only won 4 away games all season, so I'm confident. Shola, Smith, and Lovenkrands should be back in the squad, so barring Taylor we should be at full strength. Won't be easy as this is essentially Forest's last roll of the dice when it comes to automatic promotion, but we're in scintillating form at St. James' and I think we could turn them over with an early goal.

Might be time to start popping the champagne if we win.

I do want to see Newcastle back in the Premier League**, but I do hope Forest win. I'd really like them see them back in the Premier League too. West Brom have been promoted now at least 400,000 times, and have been relegated every time, and I think just about everyone is sick of them. They just need to fuck off and go bust (not really!) or get relegated again, or something. Just stop it. The Premier League hates you.

Forest have had a good season, and I do hope they clinch the automatic promotion place. I think Newcastle are a certainty to win the league even if they lose on Monday. I can't see Forest winning at St James, but I do hope they put up a bit more consistency than West Brom from now until the end of the season.

**Because all you ever do in the Championship is fucking win, and you're on telly ALL THE TIME. You're making us all look shite, and it hurts our feelings.

home to bottom of the league Grays Athletic tomorrow, they have not won away all season, we're in corking form... surely a home win? oh hang on this is the most unpredictable Cambridge United I'm writing about here so I wouldn't be so sure!

Another win chucked away with a last minute equaliser from Raith today. Don't get me wrong, considering we've been more or less bottom of the table all season, for Ayr to go and get a point away from home against a team who's through to the Scottish Cup Semis is more than impressive.

However, I've lost count of the amount of times this season we've led games against far better teams only to have them equalise in the dying seconds of the match. Brian Reid needs to get it drilled into the players heads that the game is actually still on until the whistle blows.

Still 8 games without a loss.....AYR AYR SUPER AYR!

wonder what joe cole will be saying about it....

Probably something along the lines of:

Lampsy's dun himsewf praad wiff dem gows yestadee. Oi've bin givin im stick in traynin all week abaat missin pennos and he's ahnly gown an scowed 2. Top playah and really impowtent for da team. Oi'l be gettin some bantah off him later for being... An inneffective, flashy, perma-crocked simpleton who looked good early in his career but hasn't matured.

a comfortable routine 3-0 win against hapless bottom of the league Grays Athletic yesterday afternoon with in form Danny Crow netting a hat-trick; 10 games unbeaten as we march towards the top ten of toilet level conference football. Julian Dicks is Grays manager - he still looks a hard bastard. At least we're finishing a disappointing season on a high and on the evidence of the kind of player Martin Ling can attract to the club have every reason to think with a full pre season behind him, he can put together a squad capable of challenging next season.