aberdeen-music

2009/2010 season thread.

Scorge

Great game on Saturday at Pittodrie, absolutely dominated Hearts for 70 minutes (until Nade came on) and a man-of-the-match from Darren Mackie, which I don't say very often. He was immense, but probably only to put himself in the shop window, the cunt.

Pretty sure he just signed a new three year deal last year didn't he?

Great game on Saturday at Pittodrie, absolutely dominated Hearts for 70 minutes (until Nade came on) and a man-of-the-match from Darren Mackie, which I don't say very often. He was immense, but probably only to put himself in the shop window, the cunt.

I was really pleased Mackie scored, he deserved it. I thought after the chance he missed in the 2nd half his head might go down but he kept plugging away. We played him to his strengths and that meant not getting the ball into his feet but getting him running into channels and then pestering defenders when they had the ball.

I dare say his form will dip again but at least he is putting the effort in, be it to save his Dons career or put himself in the shop window.

I think so aye, but the rumours are that McGhee doesn't rate him and he's told him to get tae so he can free up a wage.

That's been "rumoured" every single season since folk decided they don't like Mackie.

He will never leave. Ever.

:up:

He was immense, but probably only to put himself in the shop window, the cunt.

MackiePoint.jpg

"Shut the fuck up."

I want Darren Mackie to play out his career at Aberdeen and then move in to the managers position.

You don't support Aberdeen though, do you? You can't. No one that does would think like that.

Carlos Tevez. What a fucking boy.

indeed. Outstanding performance. Seems to have found his range, which was just about the only thing missing from his game.

Mancini must have changed the formation at least 5 times in that match. Blackburn looked pathetic and that'll detract from the City performance but the way Bobby Manc is taking charge of the team has really impressed me. MH would never have had the balls to start Benjani.

indeed. Outstanding performance. Seems to have found his range, which was just about the only thing missing from his game.

Mancini must have changed the formation at least 5 times in that match. Blackburn looked pathetic and that'll detract from the City performance but the way Bobby Manc is taking charge of the team has really impressed me. MH would never have had the balls to start Benjani.

Benjani must be the luckiest footballer alive though. Three assists, two of which were shots he should have scored himself, and the other was a shite pass inside which Tevez made good in the way that only Tevez can. Jammy git.

He really is the greatest. Fergie must/will be kicking chunks out of himself, as he clearly let the wrong striker go. But we all knew that before Berbatov started the season poorly and Tevez played his best football since coming to England. It was always the case. I don't care how well he can control the ball out of the air, and do fancy skills. Berbatov is shite. He has shown very little redeeming qualities since arriving from Spurs. The odd bit of creation and a few nice goals, including volleys and the like. But how many times has he scuffed perfect opportunities, trying to spectacularly volley what could be a piss easy header? or not gambling on a ball across the face of goal. Jogging towards loose passes that Rooney or even Tevez (or any player with a bit of heart about them) would bomb at, apply pressure and win the ball in a dangerous position. Always out of position, far too deep, doing fuck all. Urgh. It makes you want to climb onto the pitch through the telly, and punt the ball into Dimitars face, repeatedly. At least earn a fraction of your wage, you smarmy, disinterested cunt. A waste of extraordinary talent and an arseload of money.

I'll say one thing Calum, at least you're consistent. Wrong, but consistent.

What's "wrong" with having massive love for Dazzler?

Mackie may not be a player blessed with great technical ability, nor with any composure, awareness, or indeed any discernible footballing talent. However, what he so completely and utterly lacks in skill, he more than makes up for in running fast, running around, and running into people.

Furthermore, he is widely recognised as a pioneer of the "False No. 10" position. Much like the "False No. 9" role made famous by the likes of Dimitar Berbatov and Lee Miller, Mackie's tactical breakthrough has replaced a traditional interpretation of a position with a more modern approach. In this case, fantasistas like Alessandro Del piero and Francesco Totti have been replaced by a more workmanlike, less skilful, less creative and entirely more magnificent forward.

And that, my friends, is how Darren Mackie is changing football forever.

• Upvote 3

He really is the greatest. Fergie must/will be kicking chunks out of himself, as he clearly let the wrong striker go. But we all knew that before Berbatov started the season poorly and Tevez played his best football since coming to England. It was always the case. I don't care how well he can control the ball out of the air, and do fancy skills. Berbatov is shite. He has shown very little redeeming qualities since arriving from Spurs. The odd bit of creation and a few nice goals, including volleys and the like. But how many times has he scuffed perfect opportunities, trying to spectacularly volley what could be a piss easy header? or not gambling on a ball across the face of goal. Jogging towards loose passes that Rooney or even Tevez (or any player with a bit of heart about them) would bomb at, apply pressure and win the ball in a dangerous position. Always out of position, far too deep, doing fuck all. Urgh. It makes you want to climb onto the pitch through the telly, and punt the ball into Dimitars face, repeatedly. At least earn a fraction of your wage, you smarmy, disinterested cunt. A waste of extraordinary talent and an arseload of money.

Just coz he's not caressing the ball into the net every game doesn't mean he's played all that badly. Still holds the ball up really really well. Valencia plays a lot better when he's on the pitch, Rooney has been scoring more since they've been paired up and United hardly ever lose when he starts. Front twos need time to develop, Berbs is having to take up a different role to what he's used to because Rooney is such a commanding forward. He needs to find the net more, that is for certain, but overall he's not been as bad as is made out in my opinion.

Fuck, he wasn't even playing today and he's getting bashed. Tevez was good for Utd but was never going to be great. Fergie knows which players will work in his system, you don't have two decades at the very top without that insight. I hate the alkie-nosed soor cunt but he sure can spot pretty quickly what's gonna work and what's not. He's already punted out a 20 odd mill player in a relatively short space of time (Veron), he;s not arsed about playing the top dollar signings, so the fact he's sticking with Berbatov tells me he's got faith in him to perform.