aberdeen-music

2009/2010 season thread.

Scorge

Just read this BBC - Phil Minshulls Blog: A European team for the 'noughties'

Beckham?! come on! He was a very good player for a while but surely not good enough to be in the decade's best starting line up.

I'd put Casillas before Kahn, and maybe even Van Der Sar before Casillas. Kahn was prone to the odd blooper despite being a virtual stone-wall shot stopper. VDS's distribution is slightly better than Casillas and he's also shown he can perform at any team.

Zizou, Cannavaro, Henry and Ronaldo are automatic choices for me. Van Nistelrooy is a great shout I wouldn't have necessarily thought of. Such a quality goal scorer. Raul has maybe been overlooked. But then if you're gonna have Raul you may as well have Giggs. One club ponies are boring.

As much as I hate the cunt, I'd perhaps put Roy Keane in there. Him or Makll instead of Figo. Figo was silky and unstoppable in fits and burst but his heyday didn't last as long as most.

...oh and Derek Whyte should be in there too.

What's mental? Scott Carson having a CL medal, Scott Carson playing in the championship or Scott Carson giving a toss whether someone on a music forum in Aberdeen remembers he has a CL medal?

All three!

Actually, just mental that I had forgotten that he had a CL winners medal. I had actually forgotten he played for Lolerpool.

I've been watching The Premier League Years on Sky Sports Xtra this week, and you're all as wrong as fuck, me included. Nicky Butt was fucking tremendous. He could do it all. He was some kind of volleying maetsro, smashing every lofted pass right past any goalie. I reckon he'd be more popular than he is if he wasn't ginner and had a less demeaning name. But no. He's got orange hair, and his name is something you shit out of.

I'd have him in an England shirt over David bastard Beckham.

He's got a premier league winners medal from 03/04. That's it I think, got to be in the squad for the final to get a medal for winning the fa cup and he never even made the bench for the 02 and 03 finals.

Problem with Butt's legacy is that his performances since leaving man utd have been so mediocre for so long that it's difficult to remember what he used to be capable of which, as you rightly say, was whatever the hell he wanted to.

I don't think I've even seen him play this season. I'm sure he's still on a massive wage though, and he'll go home and bask in the glow of his trophies. I bet he looks down on the rest of the Newcastle squad, like puny minions. He'll get Ranger to clean and tie his boots for him, whilst Shola washes his car 3 times a week. King Nicky.

So, do players who don't make the squad for the final not get a winners medal, even if they played every game in every other round, and even scored a few goals? Roy Keane was probably single handedly responsible for that ridiculous comeback in Turin in 1999, but missed the final. if he didn't get a medal, he probably deserved it though, because he's a MASSIVE BASTARD.

I don't think I've even seen him play this season. I'm sure he's still on a massive wage though, and he'll go home and bask in the glow of his trophies. I bet he looks down on the rest of the Newcastle squad, like puny minions. He'll get Ranger to clean and tie his boots for him, whilst Shola washes his car 3 times a week. King Nicky.

I'll plod on down to Newcastle in the snow and carry him all the way so Hillsborough if you want?

Meant to say yesterday. Michael Turner and Sunderland. HAHAHAHAHAHA!!

How the fuck did they think that a forearm smash was worth an appeal? The FA dishing out an extra match ban "for wasting our time" is fucking brilliant. GIRUY, bitter fuckers.

PS Do I fucking swear too much?

Meant to say yesterday. Michael Turner and Sunderland. HAHAHAHAHAHA!!

How the fuck did they think that a forearm smash was worth an appeal? The FA dishing out an extra match ban "for wasting our time" is fucking brilliant. GIRUY, bitter fuckers.

PS Do I fucking swear too much?

I thought the extra games ban was a little harsh - an "appeal dismissed" and "don't do this again" would have been more fitting no?