aberdeen-music

2009/2010 season thread.

Scorge

Guest Gladstone

BBC - 606 - - A60330142 - Square pegs, Round holes

This should probably be in the jokes thread.

Some people are unbelievably deluded.

Firstly he reckons we can move McGeady and Brown for 12million minimum, but possibly as much as 18million. McGeady has been coming onto a game again recently, but I'd be surprised to get anymore than 5million for him, and Brown?? Brown? Fuck off. We'd be lucky to get what we paid for him, having done absolutely nothing of note for Celtic since he arrived. I like Brown, but there are 100s of guys out there who can do the exact same job. Someone in the lower half of the Premiership would maybe take a punt on him, but not for the kind of money this tool is talking about.

And the list of players we should/could sign. Number 1. Sol Campbell. Cheap option. Cheap? Wise up. Sol's been earning the big bucks for many a year, and will easily get a contract in England. He won't be arsed to come to Celtic unless the money is substantial. His entire post is ridiculous.

(I'm bored)

Ah right - I've never read anything written by Hately before, I just ignore the cunt normally.

And, aye I realise the reason behind the Dons fans getting stuck into Novo - I'm not having a go at Dons fans here at all (that would be dangerous territory on this site....), but the mentality of football fans being massive "tell-tales" when it comes to this sort of thing and convincing themselves that they're outraged by this sort of behaviour - some people do get it into their thick skulls that what players have done is offensive. I cited the example further up the thread of the Rangers fans going ballistic when Boruc crossed himself, the same thing that their ex-captain used to do every game. It's offensive when Boruc does it because he's a Celtic player though. And they completely convince themselves that Boruc is a bigot for crossing himself. I'm sorry, but if you actually have a problem with him crossing himself, you'll find that you're the bigot.

Anyway, I digress...

Aberdeen fans hate Novo, and that's the only reason any of them are going a bit mental about this, and the fact that Miller got fined for baring his arse recently. It's fucking ridiculous though. I wish football fans would man the fuck up. If I'd gone to my primary school teacher and told her that someone had pulled a moony in the playground, and I was horrified by it, she would have told me to stop being a clipey little bastard and go back outside and play.

Aye, I agree with your general point. I can honestly say that I've never been offended by anything a player has done or anything opposition fans have sung. Anyone who has needs to either grow up or just fuck off and watch rugby / the EPL.

BBC - 606 - - A60330142 - Square pegs, Round holes

This should probably be in the jokes thread.

Some people are unbelievably deluded.

Firstly he reckons we can move McGeady and Brown for 12million minimum, but possibly as much as 18million. McGeady has been coming onto a game again recently, but I'd be surprised to get anymore than 5million for him, and Brown?? Brown? Fuck off. We'd be lucky to get what we paid for him, having done absolutely nothing of note for Celtic since he arrived. I like Brown, but there are 100s of guys out there who can do the exact same job. Someone in the lower half of the Premiership would maybe take a punt on him, but not for the kind of money this tool is talking about.

And the list of players we should/could sign. Number 1. Sol Campbell. Cheap option. Cheap? Wise up. Sol's been earning the big bucks for many a year, and will easily get a contract in England. He won't be arsed to come to Celtic unless the money is substantial. His entire post is ridiculous.

(I'm bored)

I dunno, Sol could possibly forge a move to Celtic. It's the top tier and top level of the Scottish league, and whilst it's on a different level to the top of the EPL, it offers the same sort of attractions. Trophys and Europe. That could well be an exciting prospect for Sol. Just depends on how much WONGA he's prepard to sacrifice. He's probably not going to get signed by anyone in the top 4 of the EPL, and possibly not even the top 6, so if the offer was made, I imagine he'd give it some consideration.

I quite like McGeady, and he could probably bring in a few quid if he was shipped out. What has happened to him though? Has he slumped in form or just not developed? 3 or 4 years ago, it was apparently United and Arsenal bickering over his signature, and now he's flattered by a move to Brummingham.

Guest idol_wild

This really is solid gold. :up:

"Gary doesn't shower in the morning. I wake up smelling of success, why wash that off? Straight to breakfast."

"bought new boots for the Dons game on Saturday..Ugg boots, fuck it. I could play in flippers if you asked me. I have done. Talent is talent."

This guy is a genius.

Watford at home today, and the Albion are away to Derby. Tough game for them as Derby have been pretty decent recently, but WBA look brilliant at times and I don't fancy them to lose. Watford at home is one we should be winning, too, as they look terrible at the back but very good going forward (the young lads they have on loan from Manure and Arsenal look decent). Hopefully they'll be like Swansea; a bunch of frail little lambs that our clumsy cloggers can just smash to pieces. Shola should be on the bench too. Boost.

Also, my sources tell me that Kevin Nolan has won the Championship player of the month three times in a row now. That is absolutely hilarious to me.

ANOTHER man sent off...Jerel Ifil. Murdo MacLeod says it was harsh...

Jesus, if MacLeod said it was harsh he can't have gone near him. Straight red as well. Can't remember Ifil even having a foul prior to that.

Ifil was having a fucking nightmare anyway.

My stream died just before the sending off, mercifully.

Wirelessly posted (SonyEricssonK810i/R6BC Browser/NetFront/3.3 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

Boro are up 4-1 away to QPR. I think this is a lead we can actually hold onto. Gave me a scare when they pulled it back to 2-1 but leroy made it all ok. Lita and kitson are tearing things up just as they did when reading went up a few years back. Super stuff.

2-0 up, 6 minutes left. Nolan sent-off just after half-time but it looks like the boys have done good again. Fabrice "Pancake" Pancrate from the edge of the area, apparently. Only his second appearance for us so looks like being a good signing.

With WBA/Derby currently 1-1 and Leicester losing things are looking good. Ten points clear of 3rd place.

Wirelessly posted (SonyEricssonK810i/R6BC Browser/NetFront/3.3 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

Should call him crepe rather than pancake since he's french n that.

5-1 at full time, and that was without adam johnson in the lineup. I expect he'll be away to pastures new next month so we'll have to get used to it.