aberdeen-music

2009/2010 season thread.

Scorge

Ferguson you old past it little purple faced man, you're nearly 70 you have nothing left to prove, your just making yourself look very silly with your 'we were the better team' nonsense. you had the tie in the palm of your hands but you blew it!

Ferguson you old past it little purple faced man, you're nearly 70 you have nothing left to prove, your just making yourself look very silly with your 'we were the better team' nonsense. you had the tie in the palm of your hands but you blew it!

nah, they totally destroyed bayern in the first half and had rafael not been sent off they would certainly have gone through. bayern were pretty clinical though once united were down to 10 and robben and ribery were really stretching them, even though both were absent for most of the first half. i bet sir alex tore rafael and carrick a new one after the game last night.

Guest Gladstone

Yup, I thought Man Utd were the better team until the red card, by far. Saying that though, Fergie saying "Typical Germans" in the interview when he was describing the reaction to Rafael's tackle was pretty bad. How many times to Man Utd players surround a referee and try to force his hand?

I actually missed the second yellow, but saw it back at the end of the match - seemed pretty harsh. The first yellow was really daft though, and some Hitler referees may even have given a red for it - it was akin to that 1998 World Cup red card challenge by Beckham.

Some cracking football, and good goals last night. Robben's finish was just ridiculous.

In the Mickey Mouse league, Steve Davis scored an absolute belter of a goal, and as much as this hurts, Lafferty's goal was a pretty good strike as well. The cunt.

The more I think about it, the more I blame Carrick than Rafael. Bayern looked a little deflated at 3-0, and weren't really pushing forward, but that Olic goal was gifted to them by Carrick and soon as that went in, it was all pressure before the sending off even happened.

Can't see Fergie retiring this summer, but there's few who are worthy of replacing him. I hope it's Hodgeson.

I nearly choked on my sandwich when I read the back page headline in todays Evening Depress.

"GRASSI'S EARNED A NEW DEAL AT DONS"

Un-fucking-believable. o_O

that can't be right, unless he had a phenomonal second half which i doubt. i only caught the first half yesterday before my stream died and he was lucky to still be on the pitch after some very poorly timed challenges and his passing was shocking as well. really awful. aluko wasn't much better.

mcghee needs to sit aluko down and make him watch repeats of the bayern game to remind him exactly what he's capable of, and the reaction that can generate amongst the fans.

Guest idol_wild
I nearly choked on my sandwich when I read the back page headline in todays Evening Depress.

"GRASSI'S EARNED A NEW DEAL AT DONS"

Un-fucking-believable. o_O

Jesus H fucking Christ.

I think Mark McGhee has been smoking the Grassi, in that case. In more ways than one.

Ross County, fuck me, what a result. I'm now stuck between hope and fear: we should be able to beath both Raith and Ross County easily, but we are United and things never run as they should...

A Raith V Ross County final would be the cherry on top of a shit season in Senior Scottish Football. I hope it happens.

Celtic. Ha. That's made my season better.

Guest Gladstone

It's been a pretty tits up season for Celtic, topped off by being played off the park by Ross County. Ross fucking County. Well played. They went all out for the win and completely deserved it. I've got a mate from up that way, and I'm going to the final with him - hope they win the cup.

Just watched Sportscene - Neil Lennon is my hero. He's so honest and he really knows what he's talking about. I want him to be our manager next year. He gets a bad rep for being a cock, but I really don't think he is. He was a bit of a hateable little cunt on the field for the opposition, and I understand why, but I think he's a completely genuine guy.

I hope Ross County win the Scottish Cup, and I hope Dundee Utd get second in the SPL. I don't even really know why, but I do. Dundee Utd are clearly a better team than Celtic, so they should get 2nd.