aberdeen-music

Ace-ic....

DJ Jo-D

Perhaps people should just let people drink whisky how they want to and not explode their vadges every time some one mentions water.

More or less the point made above - it you like it, it's right. Still interesting to know some of the sciencey shit too, but I can't be fucked with drink-snobbery. 

xx

Just so everyone is aware of my taste, I like whisky with one cube of ice in it. Chills it to a nice temperature and provides enough water to open up the flavour a wee bit.

I prefer a splash of cool water, YOU FUCKING CUNT!

Whisky, and also steak, are the two things people get totally crabby about if you enjoy your whisky and steak in a different way to how they enjoy theirs. It's sometimes borderline aggression.

I like bourbon straight outta the freezer. Fuck y'all.

BOURBON ISN'T REAL WHISKEY, IT DOESN'T EVEN HAVE AN E IN IT, YOU CUNT.

OMFG, YOU HAVE YOUR STEAK ANYTHING OTHER THAN MEDIUM RARE?!?! WHY NOT JUST BUY A BURGER AND BURN IT INTO CHARCOAL, CUNT!!

Some of the most irritating cuntery is shit of this nature.

xx

• Upvote 1

I recall reading somewhere that a splash of water in whisky enhances the experience as it releases flavour and smell. But what do I know, I dont like whisky...or at least youthful vomiting experiences stemming from some dodge cheap whisky has made me too cautious to investigate....whisky snobbery is second only to real ale snobbery. Real ale is nice and all but its nae session drinking material, sometimes low grade Tennents type lager is a necessity. Or maybe im just nae manly enough.

I recall reading somewhere that a splash of water in whisky enhances the experience as it releases flavour and smell. But what do I know, I dont like whisky...or at least youthful vomiting experiences stemming from some dodge cheap whisky has made me too cautious to investigate....whisky snobbery is second only to real ale snobbery. Real ale is nice and all but its nae session drinking material, sometimes low grade Tennents type lager is a necessity. Or maybe im just nae manly enough.

Some of the nicest ales I've had are just unbearable in large doses. 4 or 5 pints in and it's like drinking a pint of soup. Or honey. Honey-soup. Hoop. That said, after a few pints I'm usually on to the nips anyway. Actually, that's a lie. These days 2 pints and a dram and I'm fucking sleeping on the table.

Is it a bird? Is it a plane? No, it's a cool story, bro.

xx

Edited by Stroopy121
  • Upvote 1

Whisky, and also steak, are the two things people get totally crabby about if you enjoy your whisky and steak in a different way to how they enjoy theirs. It's sometimes borderline aggression.

I like bourbon straight outta the freezer. Fuck y'all.

Not crabby or aggressive, it just feels like watching a blind man heading for an open manhole, you just have to speak up.

And Bourbon doesn't count, you can do what the hell you want to that.