aberdeen-music

Neil Young coming to Aberdeen

Alan Cynic

• 2 months later...

Looking forward to seeing 'Ole Neil again. Saw him at the Playhouse in Edingboro last year and he was superb.

I work next to the AECC, so I might nip over and see if I can get a sneak preview at the soundcheck.

Laura Marling? never heard of her. I'll take some Pittodrie sweetie papers to rustle in case she's ding.

At least there is a support, unlike Bob Dylan a number of years ago. On at 19:45, done and dusted before 10. I haven't heard her so at least I can go with an open mind rather than know it's someone I hate.

The Bobbster, The Zimm, His Bobness - he's getting on a bit you know!

Then again, so is 'ole Neil, but he's showing no signs of letting up.

According to an email from the AECC, Laura Marling at 7.30, Neil Young 8.30 til 10.30/11ish.

Will probably try to catch a bit of Laura Marling, I'm not a big fan but it'll be interesting to see how she fares in a venue that size.

How was it? I think Laura Marling is a horrific shout for support.

Was amazing. I thought the sound was a bit ropey to begin with, but quickly sorted itself out.

For an encore he covered A Day In The Life. Just heavenly.

I concur.

Won't go into my hatred for the human race as it goes without saying after a gig at the AECC and I'd rather focus my mind on the quality of the music, which was fucking ace :up:

I concur.

Won't go into my hatred for the human race as it goes without saying after a gig at the AECC and I'd rather focus my mind on the quality of the music, which was fucking ace :up:

Heartily agree. Shame there were a few twats who tried to spoil it for everyone - very apt of Neil to dedicate "Down by the river" to them.:up: