aberdeen-music

Anyone like Sigur Ros?

Hog

yeah, brilliant stuff, although the last LP was a bit "up their own arses", heaps of "unnamed songs", as the "listener should decide on the tile from the mood, feelings generated when listening to the experience" (bollox, call the song "song about bin bags" next !)...

They supported GYBE! when they played the lemon tree...fantastic gig

pan am

sigur ros

GYBE!

all under one roof...in da deen !

If anything, check out : Ny Batteri (the EP) or the first LP : gtis Byrjun

nice nod Hog...

Guest ForbiddenFruitcake

i have a really big thing for sigur ros at the moment, i'd heard them ages ago, but didn't really start paying attention until recently. i especially love gtis Byrjun...its really one of the most beautiful collections of songs i've heard, i recommend everyone give sigur ros a listen at some point, as it seems to me that people with tastes in most genres appreciate them. plus, you can download many of their songs on their website

sigur ros are ace, and if it wasn't for them i may not have joined dedalus as it was rob and steven pestering me to play sigur ros at sonic deth monkey that got me talking to them about all the wanky post-rock stuff that we all like. awww.

i kick myself everyday for missing that gig. oh to see godspeed live.

I love Sigur Rs. I like ( ) and gtis Byrjun pretty much the same. I really like the concept of ( ) like with the untitled tracks and things. I also like the way there are no actual lyrics on that album. Jnsi sings it all in a language he made up. Alot of the phrases are repeated in different songs. I heard some of Von but I wasn't that impressed. They should be finished their next album by autumn according to their website.

i have a few tracks from it off of slsk

it's like listening to krautrock in a blizzard

you can buy it (and the remix album) here

http://shop.sandbag.uk.com/SigurRos/Store/DisplayItems.html?CatID=3&ShopID=0

Cool, i'll have to get that when i have a better fundage situation after forking out mega bucks to see the polyphonic spree in london... :rolleyes:

Has anyone got their first record Von? I've tried for ages but i can't find it anywhere...

yeah man ive got it, the only way i was able to get it was online through soulseek

its a lot different from their newer albums Agaetis Brjuin and ( ) because Von sounds like one of them relaxation cd's you buy from "The natural world" in the bon accord centre. Very chilled out experimental stuff

sigur ros

gtis Byrjun is possibly one of the best albums ever created! It is the best rage of experimental songs you can have and not even ( ) can match that (yep, even if it does contain such a great song as "njosnavelin" - the end track of vanilla sky). The actual song "gtis Byrjun" is a truly beautiful song, "Svefn - G - Englar" comes a close second!

I have to thank Sigur - Ros and their album gtis Byrjun for getting me through my exam revision, some say their stuff is depressing (like my dad for e.g.) but i think its the most truly glorious, uplifting and hair raising music you can ever listen too. Nobody can beat the Ros!

anybody know if they are coming on a tour here any time soon?

Cheers

Adam