aberdeen-music

decent hair dressers?

Panda Strong

22 for a haircut?!

Fuck that.

Last place I went to I was 65 (plus a tip)...I was rather drunk the night before and proceded to drink quite a few stellas that afternoon, forgetting I had to be repectable..the girl didn't mind, but it was pure torture sitting for 3 hrs listening to 'chat' and feeling like bed & beer were my only saviours!

• 3 weeks later...
Haha. The first few times I went to Dare they were good. But the first hairdresser I got left and after that it was a bit of a disappointment, so then I went to Purdey and got Kerry. She did a fantastic job... but was a bit slow perhaps particular is a better word. I had to make sure I had a free afternoon. Lol.

did you get dianne at dare? i went to her for ages, and followed her to her new place, which is really nice. she's the best hairdresser i've had, so i was keen to keep her.

Guest idol_wild

Christ almighty. I've been cutting my own hair four about ten years now and I can't believe how expensive haircuts have become.

Jeepers.

That contributed very little to this thread, I know.

did you get dianne at dare? i went to her for ages, and followed her to her new place, which is really nice. she's the best hairdresser i've had, so i was keen to keep her.

No, her name was Nicola (I think) and the worst thing was I couldn't follow her to her new place because she left hairdressing altogether!!

Finding a hairdressers in Glasgow is a million times worse because there's far too many of them. I also think they're more expensive than places in Aberdeen. I've been quoted over 100 before for a cut and colour and that was just a normal salon, nothing fancy. :down:

I had my first hair cut in aproximately 5 years from Angels on St Andrews Street (beside John Lewis).

I think it is slightly more than you are looking to pay but I say it's worth it for not risking it going horribly wrong.

I got Dave as my mum had him cut her hair before and he did exactly what I wanted and didn't attempt anything out of the ordinary.

They also gave me 2 coffees and put me under a hair drying machine, looked for a guy magazine and couldn't find one so gave me a girly one, which was disapointing.

Guest Tam o' Shantie

I got dave a few times. cool guy and decent haircuts. 'only faggots pay for haircuts!' type comments are getting a bit old.

personally, my hair is so fucked up and shit that if i go to a normal barber or cheap hairdresser i end up looking like a fucking dick. sometimes when i pay 'crazy money' ie 20-30 quid for a hair cut, i end up looking like less of a dick

I go to A Cut Above on Union Street, there's a Polish bird in there that's really nice and gives a good haircut and you get a head massage and a good cup of tea. Costs about 19 I think.

I hear that Andorra at the bottom of Crown Street is really good, and it's pretty cheap for gents (about a tenner). My girlfriend used to be a hairdresser and that's where she always goes, she says the girl that runs that place is one of the best hairdressers in the city (ask for Laura)

I go to A Cut Above on Union Street, there's a Polish bird in there that's really nice and gives a good haircut and you get a head massage and a good cup of tea. Costs about 19 I think.

You go to the same hair dressers as me. I've been going there for over 10 years now. Always get a good haircut and they aren't too expensive.

• 2 weeks later...

so i completely forgot to get a hair cut until now. i managed to get one tomorrow at that wonderland place on skene street...although people in this thread said it was on rosemount viaduct - is it the same one?

anyway, they said it would be 25 as they only do student discount on tuesday or something. i completely forgot about that purdey place. would they be cheaper than that?