aberdeen-music

TV Series!!

DJ Jo-D

So this is apparently the pick of what's on telly over christmas.

http://www.theguardian.com/tv-and-radio/ng-interactive/2013/dec/christmas-tv-guide-2013

What shite. I know it normally is but there's usually a bit more worth watching than that isn't there? Doctor Who and Sherlock are the only things I'm looking forward to. 

• 2 weeks later...

FInally finished all 7 seasons of The Shield. One of the few TV shows that has a good ending. It felt like a bit of a slog at times (6th and 7th seasons dip a bit) but it feels like the end of an era. I felt we were watching it at a pretty good pace of a couple of episodes - give or take - a night but it seemed to take us forever to get through.

What should I watch next? Something that is around the 3 season mark I think... don't think I can do another marathon like that for a while.

FInally finished all 7 seasons of The Shield. One of the few TV shows that has a good ending. It felt like a bit of a slog at times (6th and 7th seasons dip a bit) but it feels like the end of an era. I felt we were watching it at a pretty good pace of a couple of episodes - give or take - a night but it seemed to take us forever to get through.

What should I watch next? Something that is around the 3 season mark I think... don't think I can do another marathon like that for a while.

Low Winter Sun is decent

I love The Shield, and completely agree re: the ending. After all he's done, Vic's fate is absolutely perfect. The last few episodes had my heart in a blender on numerous occasions.

It gives me very similar thrills to Breaking Bad. Unsure which I prefer.

I love The Shield, and completely agree re: the ending. After all he's done, Vic's fate is absolutely perfect. The last few episodes had my heart in a blender on numerous occasions.

It gives me very similar thrills to Breaking Bad. Unsure which I prefer.

It's one of my favourites too. I noticed a lot more gaps second time watching but overall it's just all round great TV. Actually, the comparison to Breaking Bad just made me realize one thing that bugs me about both... how do the characters have the time and energy to do all the shit they do? Not once in the series does Vic say to himself 'you know what, I fancy a quiet night in watching Coupling on Netflix with a bag of Doritos and a Tizer.' They never even seem to sleep. Although, that'd make for a boring show. 

I liked this a lot. A bit up and down but the parts that didn't really work appear to be done with now and I think there's a possibility of a great second season.

The soundtrack was awesome as well. Nowhere Near by Yo La Tengo playing over the end of the last episode.....

Edited by colb