aberdeen-music

TV Series!!

DJ Jo-D

It's great. For me not highest level top tier great. Which for drama is The Wire, Mad Men, The Sopranos and Twin Peaks. But Breaking Bad might just be as good as it gets outside of that. Second season especially is great and the 3rd has the moment which probably made me jump higher out of my seat than any other scene in television history. Get through it quickly so you can enjoy season 4 when it starts in July.

I've watched about 5 or 6 eps of Deadwood now and it is very good but I've yet to see exactly why it is rated so highly by some.

Started watching Breaking Bad. Seems pretty damned good. I now have too many tv shows to watch.
It's great. For me not highest level top tier great. Which for drama is The Wire, Mad Men, The Sopranos and Twin Peaks. But Breaking Bad might just be as good as it gets outside of that. Second season especially is great and the 3rd has the moment which probably made me jump higher out of my seat than any other scene in television history. Get through it quickly so you can enjoy season 4 when it starts in July.

Yes. I love this show. One of the best written, directed and acted shows I've seen in a very long time. I also love how everyone

in the show has their own problems and their past pre-cancer announcement is shown later in the series.

Paranoid; Which part are you talking about in S.3? I was on the edge of my seat the whole way through.

Yes. I love this show. One of the best written, directed and acted shows I've seen in a very long time. I also love how everyone

in the show has their own problems and their past pre-cancer announcement is shown later in the series.

Paranoid; Which part are you talking about in S.3? I was on the edge of my seat the whole way through.

Jake

this scene

YouTube - ‪Breaking Bad - 3x12 - Half Measures - Final Scene‬‏

the first time round I was so tense about what was about to happen with Jessie it was a complete shock when walt comes in like that.

Jake

this scene

YouTube - ‪Breaking Bad - 3x12 - Half Measures - Final Scene‬‏

the first time round I was so tense about what was about to happen with Jessie it was a complete shock when walt comes in like that.

That is amazing. But so is the bit in the very last episode

where they've got walter, and you think he's about to put jessie in the shit and he has the balls to tell him to kill the guy. Then you don't know if jessie's gonna kill him and then boom.

I can't wait to find out what happened after. When I was watching the first and second series the third had already started, so when they got in to scrapes it was like "i know they'll get out of it" but now it's like, oh shit.

my description of that last scene doesn't do it any justice, sorry.

I have now ploughed through 4 seasons of 'Mad Men'. I have both the complete 'The Wire' and 3 seasons of 'Deadwood' to choose from....which, which?

I had never heard of this 'Bored to Death' until I saw it reviewed in a film mag, sounds like my cup of tea...

I've only just started Deadwood so I can't really compare but the answer has to be The Wire. I'd love to be able to watch it all with the first time feeling again. Even still it's great on re-watches too.

I don't know about films and books, but for me it definitely beats The Sopranos. I've still got to give that another try to be honest, but it just didn't blow me away like The Wire did.

Watching the last episode in season one of Breaking Bad, after which I might start season 2 or watch the first season of Oz. Has anyone else seen that?

Decided to watch the first season of Oz before hitting season two of Breaking Bad. Glad I did. I had intended it as an emotional break due to the amount of times I was close to tears watching Breaking Bad (wimmin eh?) but since I'm four episodes in and have been in floods twice it's not really helping on that count. Still, O'Reilly, what a fucking prick eh?

Whats good on British tv at the moment? I've not come across a good series in ages. Last thing I liked was 'the trip' with coogan and brydon. Its just come out as a film in the us, i reckon itll work well in the film format qctually. Beautifully directed. Any suggestions for new stuff? I've not watched Stewart lee's new series yet, any good? I watched a couple of episodes of rhod gilbert's series about jobs but that's about it in the last few months. I fear I'm falling behind.

Whats good on British tv at the moment? I've not come across a good series in ages. Last thing I liked was 'the trip' with coogan and brydon. Its just come out as a film in the us, i reckon itll work well in the film format qctually. Beautifully directed. Any suggestions for new stuff? I've not watched Stewart lee's new series yet, any good? I watched a couple of episodes of rhod gilbert's series about jobs but that's about it in the last few months. I fear I'm falling behind.

Ah, I keep forgetting to check out 'The Trip'.

I've never seen any of 'The Sopranos' either. Just never fancied it at all, I have no idea because American gangster type films are one of my faves.

I think I will start on 'The Wire' soon.