aberdeen-music

TV Series!!

DJ Jo-D

Anyone watching Sons of Anarchy on Bravo?

Someone told me it was written (produced?) by the same folk that did the Wire, so i'm giving it a go. Two episodes in and i'm liking it :)

All about a biker gang in California, with Ron Pearlman as the 'leader'. Pretty cool stuff...

This is a great show. Completely unrealistic in that the gang gets away with everything but if you can suspend belief, it is good series that chugs along nicely.

Thanks for mentioning it, I hadn't heard of it before.

i bought season 1 and 2 pack of heroes last week nearly finished season one, cant believe how good it is!
Don't watch season 2 then.

I quite dissagree, I've watched them all and liked them all....S02 is the one where the writer got fecked off with the storyline himself and decided to just start on the s03 - just bare with it :) mmmm sylar

I have psychoville still to watch...trying not to read the thread......eeeeee

True blood s02 started so have a couple to watch :)

Have decided to watch an episode or two of Band of Brothers each night, until the Wire is back on. 1st episode tonight, and i've just realised Simon Pegg is in it!

Band of Brothers has to be in my top 3 TV Shows ever. I cried like a bairn the first time I saw the last few episodes...

I'd have to say it's my number one. I have it on DVD and on Blu-Ray. The Blu-Ray is fucking amazing, worth buying a player just for that alone. Not only does it look, sound and feel unbelievably good, the pop up menus are even better. You can have a timeline along the bottom for each episode, and bring up facts and figures, pictures etc relating to every scene, character or location as you are watching it. Awesome, and I never say 'awesome'...

Got 'Being Human' yesterday and watched the first three eps. Pretty good so far, though I don't think they box set I bought has the pilot on, whcih is a bit annoying....

The pilot is pretty much exactly the same as the first episode however they have change a few actors, I wouldn't say your missing much

It's a cracking series!

You seen true blood yet?

I tried to watch s01 of wire, but found it very boring :( (personal opinion)

It's a slow burner. To be honest I had to force myself through the first five or six while I worked out what was going on, then it picked up considerably. Worth sticking with I would say. I'm about to start S2, just got one ep of Dexter S1 to finish first.

I did hear s02 was a bit better, but I only made it through disc 1 of S01...and I am a tv series addict and watch FAR too much stuff, so just side shimmey'd it...I'll maybe try again!

It really does pick up right about at that point. Persevere. The first few episodes are only to set the scene and introduce the characters you'll be seeing a lot of.

Watched S02 of Sleeper Cell the other day. It wouldn't even be worth illegally downloading it's that bad. Shame coz the 1st season was a hidden gem. It's about a terrorist faction in LA and mixes serious stuff about politics and religion with quality action scenes. The 2nd season doesn't have the story line or the developed characters to keep your interest though.

• 2 weeks later...

Me and the missis are well enjoying the american Office right now. I think it has become easily one of my favourite shows, possibly ever. Absolutely love it. We've just swept through season 1 and 2, and now we're waiting on season 3 and US import of season 4 to arrive in the post. Super sweet!

• 2 weeks later...

I watched the first season of Trueblood recently.Its great fun, sexy and clever. Definately worth checking out. Plus i cant do justice to how funny Kenny v Spenny is. Theres around 5 series and can be watched over and over. Who can eat the most meat,Who can drink the most, Who can wear a dead Octopus on their head the longest are some of the greater ones. Happy viewing.