aberdeen-music

TV Series!!

DJ Jo-D

Guest treader.

Bought the first two seasons of 'Six Feet Under' for mega-cheap recently.

Before I watch the first episode of it, is it actually any good?! Never seen it before.

• 1 month later...
I've also started watching Firefly. So far so good, but I can tell that the moment that dialogue falls on the wrong side of witty it's just going to annoy the piss out of me.

Yeah, know what you mean but don't think it does at all. Really like the western feel it has. What you will find is disappointment when there are no more. There is the movie, but its just not enough and some of the characters that are killed off... well it's disappointing.

Yeah, know what you mean but don't think it does at all. Really like the western feel it has. What you will find is disappointment when there are no more. There is the movie, but its just not enough and some of the characters that are killed off... well it's disappointing.

I think my perception of this series is based on being made to watch the movie by a Firefly nut and being confused and annoyed by it, so I'm glad to hear the series is a lot better.

It does have a great western feel and I love how the government are the enemy for a change in a sci-fi series. It's kind of the antithesis to Star-Trek in that regard.

Ah so this is where this thread went!

I have to catch up with fringe!

Lost final Ep for S05 was brilliant....no idea whats coming next season!

well i didn't want to start a new thread just for Fringe, just for that comment!

I've caught up on Lost and Heroes, watching Dexter on FX.

Just need to catch a missing episode of Prison Break before i can start putting that to rest.

Anyone watching Sons of Anarchy on Bravo?

Someone told me it was written (produced?) by the same folk that did the Wire, so i'm giving it a go. Two episodes in and i'm liking it :)

All about a biker gang in California, with Ron Pearlman as the 'leader'. Pretty cool stuff...

well i didn't want to start a new thread just for Fringe, just for that comment!

I've caught up on Lost and Heroes, watching Dexter on FX.

Just need to catch a missing episode of Prison Break before i can start putting that to rest.

Ooh got a few PB's to watch.....think a Teabag spin off is called for! But i heard there is maybe a woman's prison spin off to happen

Anyone watching Sons of Anarchy on Bravo?

Someone told me it was written (produced?) by the same folk that did the Wire, so i'm giving it a go. Two episodes in and i'm liking it :)

All about a biker gang in California, with Ron Pearlman as the 'leader'. Pretty cool stuff...

I have it, attempted to start watching it, but got interuptted and haven't re-watched. I tried the wire half of season I but just couldnt get into it, needs a bit of wit to spice it up...gave up in the end

• 3 weeks later...

Have decided to watch an episode or two of Band of Brothers each night, until the Wire is back on. 1st episode tonight, and i've just realised Simon Pegg is in it!

Band of Brothers has to be in my top 3 TV Shows ever. I cried like a bairn the first time I saw the last few episodes...

Have decided to watch an episode or two of Band of Brothers each night, until the Wire is back on. 1st episode tonight, and i've just realised Simon Pegg is in it!

Band of Brothers has to be in my top 3 TV Shows ever. I cried like a bairn the first time I saw the last few episodes...

I've never watched it, but always heard good things about it. Should probably get round to it at some point...