aberdeen-music

TV Series!!

DJ Jo-D

Hate to say it, but we are still in season 4, according to the official numbering, Season 4 started with Pegasus Razor, back in Nov 07, Razor is counted as eps 1 & 2 of the final season 4, its a bit daft, but prevents Short Season Syndrome*

*unless you have paid for the truncated box set of the 1st half.

Pedants Corner out

List of Battlestar Galactica (reimagined series) episodes - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I need a new tv series to watch, can you fine folks help me out with suggestions?

I don't really watch much tv so preferably something I can get on dvd. Most recent shows I watched on dvd were X-Files, LOST, CSI Miami and Star Trek the next generation.

You can't get it on DVD, but check out Fringe. It's surprisingly good.

Hate to say it, but we are still in season 4, according to the official numbering, Season 4 started with Pegasus Razor, back in Nov 07, Razor is counted as eps 1 & 2 of the final season 4, its a bit daft, but prevents Short Season Syndrome*

*unless you have paid for the truncated box set of the 1st half.

*hangs head in shame*

I did, even though I already had Razor. o_O

I need a new tv series to watch, can you fine folks help me out with suggestions?

I don't really watch much tv so preferably something I can get on dvd. Most recent shows I watched on dvd were X-Files, LOST, CSI Miami and Star Trek the next generation.

Yeah Fringe is good...also good are

Criminal Minds (If you like csi etc you'd like this) up to S4 now so will be on dvd

NCIS (I've just started this but yet to make judgement - so far so good)

CSI NY & LV are brilliant, never quite got into Miami as much

Heroes

Supernatural

Dollhouse (new so not on dvd - but quite good)

Ture Blood (not sure if on dvd yet)

Some for starters :)

Hmmm, Fringe is tempting. I watched all CSI Vegas before anyway. NY is crap. NCIS is pap. Don't like supernatural either.

Quite fancy heroes but boxsets are hardly a bargain.

So Fringe, Firefly, Heroes or Battlestar.

Firefly is so good but it suckers you in with its goodness and then finishes pretty much never to come back :(

Galactica maintains quality all the way from the pilot miniseries (essential viewing before season 1), right up to now, as I eagerly await this weeks filez, with only a few dodgy eps in seasons 2 and 3 (SciFi Channel wanted more one off, non plot arc stories to get casual viewers, fuck them) but they are rare dodgy exceptions to the rule of excellence. Plus theres is a final film of the attack on the 12 colonies from the Cylon perspective on the way, thus finishing the whole thing where it started.

And a prequel on the way.

Galactica is the reason telly was invented, especially this weeks expositionary mindmelt.

You're not wrong! Shit-loads explained a half-muttered, blurted out statements from Anders. Still, four eps to go and at least things are being explained.

Was surprised by the final Cylon though - touche BSG. And another 'secret Cylon' to be revealed. Moist. :up:

And increasingly so 8 eps in...Little Kimmy's side-plot just does nothing for the overall story (so far), and is, dare I say it....boring....

What little hotness she had was annoyed out of me by the fact that she is a total clunge. I got fed up with her being a total liability and i'm surprised Jack didn't too and do us all a favour by snapping the dumb bitch's neck.

• 2 weeks later...
What little hotness she had was annoyed out of me by the fact that she is a total clunge. I got fed up with her being a total liability and i'm surprised Jack didn't too and do us all a favour by snapping the dumb bitch's neck.

Finished season 2 and I still can't see what the point of Little Kimmy's sub-plot is at all, other than to distract Bauer (and me) from the main storyline. Other than that, season 2 was pretty good, not as great as season 1 like. Starting season 3 tonight...

Finished season 2 and I still can't see what the point of Little Kimmy's sub-plot is at all, other than to distract Bauer (and me) from the main storyline. Other than that, season 2 was pretty good, not as great as season 1 like. Starting season 3 tonight...

She is just one big pain in the jacksy! (see what I did there...groan) I get confused when I think back to the earlier series even tho I have watched them a few times!

S07 was good this week, well excting stuff - good to see they can still pull it off after so many!

has anyone been watching red riding? i can't wait for thursday. paddy considine = teh man!

I missed it, but might try n find it online catch up or something. Not long finished watching White Chapel which was a Ripper copy cat and it was quite good too

Dollhouse - getting better now there's an underlying story unfolding

Lost - Fricken ACE last week, can't wait for the next

CSI - Nicks getting chubby, almost cried at the end of the last one

• 3 weeks later...