aberdeen-music

TV Series!!

DJ Jo-D

• 2 weeks later...
Finished all the Soprano's now...

Good effort!

When I did that kind of sopranos schedule in the past I started having the most fucked up, paranoid dreams about the FBI chasing me and being betrayed by my friends and family.

Watching through them all again just now with my girlfriend, up to series 5.

Also halfway through season 1 of True Blood and loving that. Feels a bit strange seeing the HBO logo though and then not having the Sopranos theme start straight after it...

Does anyone else find that HBO logo strangely satisfying? Scribbly static then... huuuummmm.

Although not much compares to the Sops, notable HBO shows I'm addicted to are: Curb (new season due soon including a Seinfeld cast reunion), Entourage (it's a trashy soap but I can't get enough of it, current season shaping up nicely) and Eastbound and Down (quality frat pack comedy about an ex-major league baseball player)

Good effort!

When I did that kind of sopranos schedule in the past I started having the most fucked up, paranoid dreams about the FBI chasing me and being betrayed by my friends and family.

Watching through them all again just now with my girlfriend, up to series 5.

Also halfway through season 1 of True Blood and loving that. Feels a bit strange seeing the HBO logo though and then not having the Sopranos theme start straight after it...

Haha, I did find myself having strange dreams about when people came round to my house I had to speak to them next to the boiler and wierd stuff like that.

The problem (not really) with the Sopranos is you watch one and then you go... ach I'll just watch 1 more. An so on, then it's 3am.

• 3 weeks later...

Watched first 2 episodes of Underbelly last night, Oz gang/cop drama based on events in Melbourne from 1995-2004, seems worth sticking with so far.

The Underbelly series consists of two 13-part Australian television crime-drama mini-series' originally broadcast on Nine Network. The two series are based on true events; the Melbourne gangland killings and the Griffith drug trade. The first series is based on the book Leadbelly: Inside Australia's Underworld' date=' by The Age journalists John Silvester and Andrew Rule.[/quote']

ps polls ahoy, a few decent picks on these pages...

Must-See TV For 2009 - MSN UK

Underrated TV Gems - MSN UK

Popular TV Repeats - MSN UK

Top US Imports - MSN UK

Just about finished season 2 of Dexter and it's awesome stuff.

Had the dvds for ages but just didn't get round to watching.

Can't wait to see season 3.

Need to buy Prison Break season 4 too to see how it all ends.....

Yeah, Dexter is pretty good. I've seen series 1 and 2, and once you get past how daft it all is, it a really enjoyable watch.

i presume i'm right in thinking Burn Notice isn't worth watching' date=' started watching an episode or 2 when it began but didn't like the lead character so didn't care to continue...[/quote']

Yeah if you didn't much care for the lead character it's probably best not watching the remaining two and a half seasons (on hiatus as the Yanks love to do half way through a season!!). Bruce Campbell is good, but i wouldn't say he's the saving grace of the show. I personally enjoy it.