aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

The one fanny in every office who constantly complains about the temperature.

If i'm cold I put on a sweater, If i'm warm I take it off. In extreme cases I may step outside for a few minutes to cool down. Under no circumstances do I ever talk about how warm or cold I am. Why can't everyone be the same?

If i'm cold I put on a sweater, If i'm warm I take it off. In extreme cases I may step outside for a few minutes to cool down. Under no circumstances do I ever talk about how warm or cold I am. Why can't everyone be the same?

'Murica.

My office has several temperature-bemoaning fannies. It's always a very standard 22 degrees. It's never cold. Sometimes a little stuffy at worst, but everyone is either "freezing" or "roasting". 

Constant exaggeration in general does my nut in. The young lass next to me at work - who is a total waste of space (and she's humongous too, so it's a waste of a very large space) - exaggerates almost everything she says. "Oh m'gawwwd I'm staaaaarving. This is the longest day ever", "It's the busiest day ever. I've had like a million phone calls". "Why do I always get calls from the STUPIDEST PEOPLE OF ALL TIME?!"

Speak like a human being, you absolute rotter.

• Upvote 1

My office has several temperature-bemoaning fannies. It's always a very standard 22 degrees. It's never cold. Sometimes a little stuffy at worst, but everyone is either "freezing" or "roasting". 

Constant exaggeration in general does my nut in. The young lass next to me at work - who is a total waste of space (and she's humongous too, so it's a waste of a very large space) - exaggerates almost everything she says. "Oh m'gawwwd I'm staaaaarving. This is the longest day ever", "It's the busiest day ever. I've had like a million phone calls". "Why do I always get calls from the STUPIDEST PEOPLE OF ALL TIME?!"

Speak like a human being, you absolute rotter.

Fuck yes! Over exaggeration is (nah I'm not gonna say it's the most annoying thing ever) plain fucking annoying. 

Here's another pet-hate. Overly officious people (not sure that's the exact word i'm looking for but it'll do). My GF thought it'd be a nice idea to ask another couple we know out to dinner. It ended up turning into a full blown ordeal where they went back and forth about which days were good, which were bad, and why. Then a fucking calendar invite arrives in my inbox this morning... for a date next month! What happened to just getting together with people and not getting all worked up about it? I'm gonna decline.

The Fender Guitar Company.

I love Fender guitars but it blows my mind that they churn out shit like this.

Spoilered for size.

Jim_Root_JM.png

A Jim Root Jazzmaster, featuring the same pickups, neck profile, paint job and black hardware that his signature Strat and tele have. What is the point?

Edited by Flights

Spoilered for size.

Jim_Root_JM.png

A Jim Root Jazzmaster, featuring the same pickups, neck profile, paint job and black hardware that his signature Strat and tele have. What is the point?

Perhaps Root paid them to make him his original Tele for him, then the replicas sold like HOT CAKES, so Fender cottoned on and started throwing guitars at him, and the 'metal market', if there is such a thing.

The Jim Root stuff looks bloody awful though. Putting an EMG in a Fender seems to defeat the point of buying a Fender.

Spoilered for size.

Jim_Root_JM.png

I think Fender have been awesome in recent years, loads of cool models. And the Squires in particular are amazing value.

As for the Jim Root, don't like it, don't buy it?

Edited by Bigsby

I think Fender have been awesome in recent years, loads of cool models. And the Squires in particular are amazing value.

As for the Jim Root, don't like it, don't buy it?

Don't get me wrong I've been loving most of Fenders recent output. Some of the Modern Player guitars are mental value for money. 

I just don't see the point in this particular guitar. It will sound exactly the same as his other models and the neck is exactly the same. Body is just a different shape.

I feel that the effort put into making this guitar could have been spent on maybe something a bit different. Re-issue of the Cyclone, new intresting pawn shop ideas etc.