aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

Pet Hate: things going missing during a move.

Took screws out my monitor to take the stand off to pack it away. I've misplaced the screws. So I can't use my monitor, I just gotta use the dinky wee laptop screen that hurts my head.

Also: the ringing in my ears. It's deathly quiet in here and all I hear is ringing. Fucking 4 hour practices. Need my lugs syringed then a few pairs of ear plugs.

Pet Hate: things going missing during a move.

Took screws out my monitor to take the stand off to pack it away. I've misplaced the screws. So I can't use my monitor, I just gotta use the dinky wee laptop screen that hurts my head.

Also: the ringing in my ears. It's deathly quiet in here and all I hear is ringing. Fucking 4 hour practices. Need my lugs syringed then a few pairs of ear plugs.

Getting syringed seems to make the ringing louder for me. Tinitus just doesn't go away, ever.

Yeah guys seriously get ear plugs, i cant sit in a quiet room now a days, its too loud in my ears!! I dont even put in headphones for long anymore as they make my ears ring. But at least wearing the ear plugs means i can hear normally after practise, get the ones from R&B with the little holes in them, they are fantastic!

Was it the bassment in the Merrion Centre? If not, then there's two places that do Irn Bru as mixers.

It was the bassment in the merrion centre, yes. I once didn't get let into the bassment in the merrion centre. The conversation with the bouncer went a bit like this:

Bouncer: Do you know what's on in here tonight

Me: Yeah, it's an indie/electro night. My friends are in there.

Bouncer: Oh.

PAUSE

Bouncer: You can't go in.

Me: Umm, what?

Bouncer: I know you indie kids like to be scruffy but you're just taking the piss, mate.

Me: Oh.

I was wearing a long sleeved t-shirt and some combats. Same as I usually did when I went there. He was a great bunch of lad.

• Upvote 3

It was the bassment in the merrion centre, yes. I once didn't get let into the bassment in the merrion centre. The conversation with the bouncer went a bit like this:

Bouncer: Do you know what's on in here tonight

Me: Yeah, it's an indie/electro night. My friends are in there.

Bouncer: Oh.

PAUSE

Bouncer: You can't go in.

Me: Umm, what?

Bouncer: I know you indie kids like to be scruffy but you're just taking the piss, mate.

Me: Oh.

I was wearing a long sleeved t-shirt and some combats. Same as I usually did when I went there. He was a great bunch of lad.

What a bellend.

Sinuses maybe? Sinus related headaches tend to last ages if untreated.

Yeah possibly. It started out more like a migraine. I had sinusitis years ago and there are some similarities with how my head felt then. Might pick up some sinutab later on and see if that helps...

Yeah possibly. It started out more like a migraine. I had sinusitis years ago and there are some similarities with how my head felt then. Might pick up some sinutab later on and see if that helps...

Yeah that sounds like more than a sore head or migraine related, i would maybe go see a doc if it doesnt clear up soon.

I suffer horrendous migraines when they kick in, i have to take stuff that puts me to sleep for most of a day otherwise its hell, have to lock myself in a pitch dark room with no noise at all. Luckily i have managed to stay away from most things that trigger them for me now a days.

Yeah that sounds like more than a sore head or migraine related, i would maybe go see a doc if it doesnt clear up soon.

I suffer horrendous migraines when they kick in, i have to take stuff that puts me to sleep for most of a day otherwise its hell, have to lock myself in a pitch dark room with no noise at all. Luckily i have managed to stay away from most things that trigger them for me now a days.

Thankfully I don't get bad photosensitive migraines. Just a thumping headache and nausea, but it usually only lasts a day. This headache did start after a trigger (a massive slice of chocolate cake) which is why I suspected a migraine at first. But it's been a week. Have noticed that I can feel some sinus pressure and a bit of dizziness when I crouch down or tip my head over so it probably is a kind of sinus infection.