aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

It's not racist to ask an Indian gentleman to repeat himself because you can't understand what he is saying.

I meant that I dreaded that he was thinking I was taking the piss out of his accent, they both kept sighing and sounding pissed off at having to repeat themselves.

If

The only way I can connect to the internet on my laptop is by using the ethernet cable. Just had to spent over a fucking hour trying to find out why my laptop says "wifi connected" yet it won't display a webpage. And all the diagnostics say "contact your network provider". BOLLOCKS

I don't mind Indian call centres, but the two guys I spoke to had the deepest voices and mumbled like fuck so I couldn't understand a word and sounded a right racist bint every time I said "excuse me, could you repeat that" AAARGH

I have revision for the exams I didn't sit in January, so need to read a shitload of journal articles to keep me up to speed as well as download a fuckload of UFC fights after my lovely ex removed them from my bloody external hard drive because he "didn't realise he didn't select copy, but cut" wank.

I'm stuck in the bloody sticks and I NEED INTERNET IN MY BEDROOM! Not sitting in the fucking hallway like a naughty teenager whose parents need to keep an eye on what sites I'm looking at.

Are you with BT? If so, check the IP adress you have been given for your wireless connection. You may have to set the IP address for your laptop statically.

No, I'm living at my parents and they are with AOL. They were with BT for a while but the service was horrendous and they could never connect to the internet.

It's daft, because my phone can connect to the internet, as can my parents laptop. Mine just refuses to let me connect, and they went through the setup. I'm supposedly getting a call in a couple of days to get it sorted.

I've been able to connect to it before, then they got a wierd router. I can connect to the uni internet, any internet cafe etc... and my computer is saying that it is connected to the internet with a % of strength, but I can't view any websites. All the diagnostics say speak to your network provider.

I've been able to connect to it before, then they got a wierd router. I can connect to the uni internet, any internet cafe etc... and my computer is saying that it is connected to the internet with a % of strength, but I can't view any websites. All the diagnostics say speak to your network provider.

Ah, so it's not like you just couldn't connect on your laptop one day out of the blue. Fair enough. They should fix it for you then.

"Hello...sir, I am calling from Microsoft Error Centre, it appears that your computer is having some errors"

For the record, if you ever get a call like this, *as if it wasnt painstakingly obvious* - it's a scam which gives you full scope to be a total dick to them.

You could be racist, if you were that way persuaded, but all calls are recorded for training and quality purposes.

"Hello...sir, I am calling from Microsoft Error Centre, it appears that your computer is having some errors"

For the record, if you ever get a call like this, *as if it wasnt painstakingly obvious* - it's a scam which gives you full scope to be a total dick to them.

You could be racist, if you were that way persuaded, but all calls are recorded for training and quality purposes.

I know a guy on FB who posts updates on this. He's a computer engineer or summink so it's funny when they argue with him. I really want one of these now as I don't own a pc. So it would be extra fun.

I strung one of them on for ages once by just giving nonsense answers and tlaking shit, at one point I told him to be quiet for one minute or I'd put the phone in the fridge, he talked so I put the phone in the fridge, forgot about it, went back about 10 minutes later and he was still there. When he eventually realised I was taking the piss he told me to fuck off and called me a motherfucker. Nice man.

Me: "What errors is it throwing up?"

Him: "Your computer...it's having a lot of errors"

Me: "Anything in specific, then?"

Him: "Just general problems. But I can fix this for you"

Me: "Oh brilliant, thanks"

Him: "Can you go Start > Control Panel"

Me: "No sorry, I can't read"

Him: "If you don't know reading, how can you operate a computer?"

Me: "I have large-print icons so I can read the pictures"

Him: "Can you press Start or the Windows logo?"

Me: "Yes, I can do that. Then this bit that says Control Panel?"

Him: "...yes. Okay, now open up your Google"

Me: "Ah yes, can I find that on Google dot com??"

Him: "...yes. Okay, please enter AAMMYY into Google"

Me: "How do you spell that, please?"

Him: "A-A-M-M-Y-Y"

Me: "Thank you. I still don't know how to read. Okay, the first 25 results are telling me that AAMMYY is a scam that will take my card details and rinse my bank account. Is that the correct page?"

Him: "No, sir. Please visit AAMMYY.com"

Me: "Ah yes, I'm on the site now" *i wasn''t*

Him: "Okay sir, I need your 16-digit card number so you can pay for these computer repairs"

Me: "Sorry, I'm not willing to give that out"

Him: "Can I have your Expiry Date on the card?"

Me: "No"

Him: "Can I have the security code on the back?"

Me: "No"

Him: "Then fuck off..." *CLICK*

Bit annoyed he got the "fuck off" in before me, but the fact people fall for this shit is unbelievable.

Ordered a phone from Orange. Asked for it to be delivered to work but they said they couldn't because of the price of the phone. Ok, fine. Amazingly the courier has failed to deliver the phone to my empty house.

Hopefully I can phone the courier tomorrow and arrange for it to be delivered to work.

While on the subject of couriers, some fucking genius of a van driver left a delivery for me on my front doorstep last week. No card through the door. The gate was open so they could have left it round the back. Or they could have done what many other couriers are able to do and leave it with one of my many elderly neighbours who have fuck all else to do all day except take parcels for me. But no instead the Einstein of parcel delivery left a great big cardboard box on my front doorstep. Twat.

While on the subject of couriers, some fucking genius of a van driver left a delivery for me on my front doorstep last week. No card through the door. The gate was open so they could have left it round the back. Or they could have done what many other couriers are able to do and leave it with one of my many elderly neighbours who have fuck all else to do all day except take parcels for me. But no instead the Einstein of parcel delivery left a great big cardboard box on my front doorstep. Twat.

This happened to me with both a laptop and a fucking BED.

I have yet to encounter an efficient courier service. Total fuckwits.

This happened to me with both a laptop and a fucking BED.

I have yet to encounter an efficient courier service. Total fuckwits.

Great Universal fucked up and somehow didn't take the new address I'd given them. An xmas gift went to an old address and was signed for. SIGNED FOR?! So we got hold of the old landlord and he said the new tennants said they didn't sign nuffink. Had to send away proof of signature (provisional) so they could compare to what was used to sign. What kind of arsehole signs for something that isn't theirs and then keeps it? I can understand being sleepy eyed and just signing for something without thinking, maybe they didn't hear the name. But then when questioned they denied it? SHITE.

Either that or the courier played silly buggers.

this actually happened to my girlfriend. But some of you seem funny around the mention of women

Great Universal fucked up and somehow didn't take the new address I'd given them. An xmas gift went to an old address and was signed for. SIGNED FOR?! So we got hold of the old landlord and he said the new tennants said they didn't sign nuffink. Had to send away proof of signature (provisional) so they could compare to what was used to sign. What kind of arsehole signs for something that isn't theirs and then keeps it? I can understand being sleepy eyed and just signing for something without thinking, maybe they didn't hear the name. But then when questioned they denied it? SHITE.

Either that or the courier played silly buggers.

this actually happened to my girlfriend. But some of you seem funny around the mention of women

just to stick up for the fuckwits that sign anything, if you're sharing address with a people who get a lot of deliveries its all to easy to just sign for some shit that a courier is dropping off at your address! :finger:

just to stick up for the fuckwits that sign anything, if you're sharing address with a people who get a lot of deliveries its all to easy to just sign for some shit that a courier is dropping off at your address! :finger:

I understand that. But, when asked about it they just deny it, which meant they stole it.

I understand that. But, when asked about it they just deny it, which meant they stole it.

they probably don't remember signing for it as they obviously weren't paying attention when they were signing for it, otherwise they wouldn't have signed for it in the first place.

signed for it, did i say that alreay?

you parcel is probably sitting in a under a pile of coats/shoes in their lobby! :up:

they probably don't remember signing for it as they obviously weren't paying attention when they were signing for it, otherwise they wouldn't have signed for it in the first place.

signed for it, did i say that alreay?

you parcel is probably sitting in a under a pile of coats/shoes in their lobby! :up:

If they signed for it, and the courier company wasn't being a dick, then it's downright theft. It was only a 2 bedroom flat. I package for someone isn't going to go unnoticed. Wasn't as if it was student halls or something where there's going to be loads of people in the flat. Upon opening the package they would have noticed a cheese board. Now, unless they had recently ordered one, which I doubt, they should've been on to the company that sent it or the landlord.

Downright cunts. And the leasing agent was a cow as well. She probably never bothered her arse to actually ask them.

But it's worrying as I might still have mail going there as Saas never did get back to me about change of address. Cunts aswell right there.

If they signed for it, and the courier company wasn't being a dick, then it's downright theft. It was only a 2 bedroom flat. I package for someone isn't going to go unnoticed. Wasn't as if it was student halls or something where there's going to be loads of people in the flat. Upon opening the package they would have noticed a cheese board. Now, unless they had recently ordered one, which I doubt, they should've been on to the company that sent it or the landlord.

Downright cunts. And the leasing agent was a cow as well. She probably never bothered her arse to actually ask them.

But it's worrying as I might still have mail going there as Saas never did get back to me about change of address. Cunts aswell right there.

Ah so thats where the cheese board came from..............

it does sound like you have been royally buggered about and someone out there is cutting some cheese or your board! :down:

Ah so thats where the cheese board came from..............

it does sound like you have been royally buggered about and someone out there is cutting some cheese or your board! :down:

it's ok. After my gf sent away her proof of signature Great Universal sent us another free of charge but said they might charge us at any time if it looks like we're cheating them. Which is a bit of a kick in the balls. But we haven't been charged yet so it's fine in that respect.