aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

Not speaking Spanish as well as I'd like to.

Last night while on the way home I felt a bit peckish so I nipped in to McDonalds to grab a couple of things of the euro menu then made a mistake I'd always feared.

I asked for a hamburguesa de polla and not pollo as I should have

Only one vowel wrong but it meant that instead of ordering a chicken burger i asked for a dick burger

Haha, that's ace. Were you given a dick burger?

Promoters who tease people in their emails

Just tells us or wait until it's confirmed. It's 9 months away so it's not going to make much difference is it? Anything I organise 9 months in advance is probably going to be more important that whatever the gig is. I'm hardly going to put off booking a holiday or something around then just on the off chance that there might be a gig I want to go to in 9 months.

Total dicks.

Blame Mike for that one.

Not speaking Spanish as well as I'd like to.

Last night while on the way home I felt a bit peckish so I nipped in to McDonalds to grab a couple of things of the euro menu then made a mistake I'd always feared.

I asked for a hamburguesa de polla and not pollo as I should have

Only one vowel wrong but it meant that instead of ordering a chicken burger i asked for a dick burger

My mum did something similar in a restaurant in Majorca. My dad is a big nature lover and bird watcher, and she was trying to explain to a waiter that he wouldn't go to Lanzarote because there are no birds there. However the Spanish word for bird, pajero, has a very different meaning if it's pronounced with the emphasis on the A instead of the E, and what she said was her husband "doesn't like Lanzarote because there are no wankers there". I'm told the waiter was on his knees on the floor with laughter.

Fixed.

Also, Pet Hate: People keeping me up 'cause they're too arrogant to keep the noise down in the landing and are shouting through a door for their boyfriend to let them in. A big note's going on the door today don't you worry. I also saw a womanly suitcase outside the guy's door. I'm guessing she got dumped. But anyway I'm sick of fucking minks not have decency or manners in a block of flats. Junkies. Always junkies.

In my block, it's not junkies making all the noise. It's students. Always students. They have uncomprimising sleep patterns, and not only do they have no concept of volume, but what they opt to play at ball-shattering volumes is painfully shite more often than not.

In my block, it's not junkies making all the noise. It's students. Always students. They have uncomprimising sleep patterns, and not only do they have no concept of volume, but what they opt to play at ball-shattering volumes is painfully shite more often than not.

My block has had a problem with Junkies. We've managed to get most of 'em evicted but the council still seem contempt on shoving more in. The guy next door doesn't make a sound but his gf last night was taking the piss. there's babies and kids in this block. The Bitch.

My mum did something similar in a restaurant in Majorca. My dad is a big nature lover and bird watcher, and she was trying to explain to a waiter that he wouldn't go to Lanzarote because there are no birds there. However the Spanish word for bird, pajero, has a very different meaning if it's pronounced with the emphasis on the A instead of the E, and what she said was her husband "doesn't like Lanzarote because there are no wankers there". I'm told the waiter was on his knees on the floor with laughter.

haha, that's a pretty great mistake.

In Catalan the word for bottle is ampolla so again very similar to the word for dick/cock/wang and they call wine black rather than red. So through the simple dropping of a sylable a friend of mine once asked someone for 2 black cocks rather than 2 bottles of red wine.

Do you live in a soap opera or a block of flats from a crime film based in the 1930's?

Pretty stupid post. He lives in one of supposedly one of the wealthiest cities in one of the wealthiest countries in the world, and yet he still has to put up with that fucking shit. I don't know him and assume he's big and strong enough to look after himself but it genuinely upsets me to think of the kids growing up in that environment.

Pretty stupid post. He lives in one of supposedly one of the wealthiest cities in one of the wealthiest countries in the world, and yet he still has to put up with that fucking shit. I don't know him and assume he's big and strong enough to look after himself but it genuinely upsets me to think of the kids growing up in that environment.

We had a junkie nearby once that whenever us (when we were about 10) were outside, would plonk her 2 year old kid out to play with us so she could hit up. Or go find her next hit. And we'd be lumbered with this kid. Have to take it in and my mum had to give it food loads of times. We were having a big bbq one time and she came round with her kid and my dad went

"Fuck right off. Your kid can come over but if it's so you can hit up you can take him and run to fuck you fucking junkie"

"I'm not a junkie I'm an addiicctttt!!"

My dad played it cool for the first time in his life and just went "Same difference, now fuck off".

Safe to say I'm sure she's down to hash now and both kids seem pretty well looked after. But that's what it used to be like. Then someone left a cat out to die 'cause her flat was stinking 'cause she couldn't train it. and her dealers battered a neighbour of mine who then moved away.

It's horrendous to think that there's people who work hard and struggle to find a flat but if they shoot up and have kids they can't look after they'll get put in next door to me.

My headphone jack in my phone seems to be buggered. I didn't realise this until someone came over and told me that they could hear, very clearly, the speech on the youtube video I was watching.

I did wonder why I had to turn the volume up so much to hear it in the headphones... just thought it was a quiet video.