aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

Actually ca_gere just reminded me. A guy came banging on my door a few months ago, at like 1 in the morning. I was up, don't why I answered the door because I don't live a part of Dublin where it's advisable to answer your door at 1am. It's really a' walk through the neighbourhood as quickly as you can' kind of place. I live in a cul-de-sac as well, so there's no one passing by, no-one around. Anyway this guy is all out of breath, says he lives a couple of streets over and a bunch of lads just kicked his door down and dragged his mate out into the back yard and started laying into him. Wants to borrow my phone to phone the police and also come into my house where it's safe. I'm not keen on handing over my iPhone anyway, even less so when I notice he's HOLDING A PHONE. I ask what's wrong with his phone. He says he switched it off in case anyone's chasing him so they can't find him. I don't like this answer. I'm thinking I don't really want to leave someone in the lurch if he's genuinely in trouble. But also I don't want to let this sketchy dude into my house in case it's a set up to rob me. I'm thinking either A) I'll let him then a bunch of people will appear round the corner and barge in, or B) see what stuff I have and come back when the house is empty. Anyway I made him stand on the doorstep while I rang the police for him. He thanked me and ran off back towards his house. Still don't know if it was genuine. A couple nights later someone came banging on the door again, this time about 4am. Again I was up, but I didn't answer it that time...

I need to move.

I get people banging on my door at all hours, unfortunately I have a drug dealer at the end of my street and somehow people mistake my house for hers so I get all these junkies knocking or trying my door thinking I'm her. I usually am polite to them directing them to her house but it's annoying

With that sort of foot traffic you could definitely pack in the day to day grind of the curry trade.

I get people banging on my door at all hours, unfortunately I have a drug dealer at the end of my street and somehow people mistake my house for hers so I get all these junkies knocking or trying my door thinking I'm her. I usually am polite to them directing them to her house but it's annoying

Its probably because your neighbour's door is a similar shade of brown. Next time it happens tell them its the other tandoor

• Upvote 6

The #19. Now there's a bus route that doesn't make any sense. It goes from the shittiest part of town, to the most luxurious. I don't know if the time table has changed, but a few times throughout the day, there'd be huge gaps with no bus, and then 2 buses within less than 5 minutes of each other.

It also used to never turn up. Angry commuters used to write to the papers about the #19 all the time. Do people still write to the papers when they're mad as hell? They should. It gets results. Look at the 19 route now. It's the first route to get the PLATINUM buses. 

Cunts on public transport who think it's ok to have the volume turned up on their phone when they're playing a game. I looked this woman dead in the eyes as her candy game went 'SWISH...PLINK'... as loud as i'd ever heard a phone. I was as impressed with the speakers as much as I was annoyed. Not even the hint of acknowledgement that there was anything wrong with the fact everyone around her could hear her game at full blast. Who are these people and how do they manage to live their lives blissfully unaware of the fact they are detestable cunts? I think they surround themselves with similar cunts, give birth to small cunts who grow up to be cunts just like them and the circle is complete. Cunts.

• Upvote 1

The #19. Now there's a bus route that doesn't make any sense. It goes from the shittiest part of town, to the most luxurious

Imagine being a dropout-junkie type falling asleep en route from the Costa Del Tilly to city centre, and waking up at Bieldside. It would be the ultimate Jim Bowen on Bullseye 'here's what you could have won' moment....