aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

What really fucks me off are the stupid cunts who do what a woman did to me last night - drive down past Union Square, take a right onto Riverside Drive and the first roundabout you come to (with the BP/M&S next to it), undertake three cars so she's parrarell with me, only to go straight on at the roundabout, cutting me off when the road was a bit skitey. You can only go left in that fucking lane, you daft bitch! When I hit the horn, this woman in her forties, with an 18ish year old girl in the passenger seat, started going mental, giving me abuse. She turned off at the last possible point before she'd have to stop right next to mine, in which case, she'd have gotten a verbal attack that'd make her piss her fucking self.

the cunt was driving so slowly and in the middle of the road was because he was busy sending a fucking text! :swearing:

oh my god, i rage at people txting and walking in front of me. it's a good thing I'm not driving.

definitely should get reported for that but probably would only happen if an accident occured.

fucking people :swearing:

Drivers in 4x4s that drive slowly in bad weather. My car, which isn't great in the snow is managing fine at 50mph and the road is clear. So why the fuck are you driving at 15-20mph!?

This was what I as moaning about a week or so ago. I wonder how some folk get a drivers license sometimes. Here's a list of things you should be able to do when you have passed your driving test.

Parking. you should be abl eo tpark your car correctly, whether it's a straight on "drive in " park, or a reverse park. If you can't park on a busy street...fuck off to a street that's got no cars, or better still get the bus. But don't just leave your car sticking out half way, or worse, drive round and round the block hoping someone will pull out, stopping now and again to size up a space before crawling round the block again.

Roundabouts. you should be able to use a roundabout. This does not mean slamming your brakes on and stopping just because someone has approched the roundabout 2 opening before yours. They are build to keep traffic flowing, ehat's so hard about it.

Driving in the snow. You should have the confidence to drive in the snow. If you are driving a 10 mph when everyone else is capable of doing 30-40, you become a hazard. We all know hazards should not be on the road.

4x4 in the snow. you've got a 4x4? good use it. Move over on the back roads when you meet a wee car coming the other way. that's why you have wheels the size of Balmoor Roundabout.

These are just 4 things make be me mad when I see people not being able to do them. The snow one as I say is a confidence thing, but if you don't feel safe, don't do it. I know everyone has to learn, but don't do it during the rush hour etc. Instead of sitting cosy my the PC/TV, get out at night and drive round the town or countryside a bit and get used to it....I had to.

This was what I as moaning about a week or so ago. I wonder how some folk get a drivers license sometimes. Here's a list of things you should be able to do when you have passed your driving test.

Parking. you should be abl eo tpark your car correctly, whether it's a straight on "drive in " park, or a reverse park. If you can't park on a busy street...fuck off to a street that's got no cars, or better still get the bus. But don't just leave your car sticking out half way, or worse, drive round and round the block hoping someone will pull out, stopping now and again to size up a space before crawling round the block again.

Roundabouts. you should be able to use a roundabout. This does not mean slamming your brakes on and stopping just because someone has approched the roundabout 2 opening before yours. They are build to keep traffic flowing, ehat's so hard about it.

Driving in the snow. You should have the confidence to drive in the snow. If you are driving a 10 mph when everyone else is capable of doing 30-40, you become a hazard. We all know hazards should not be on the road.

4x4 in the snow. you've got a 4x4? good use it. Move over on the back roads when you meet a wee car coming the other way. that's why you have wheels the size of Balmoor Roundabout.

These are just 4 things make be me mad when I see people not being able to do them. The snow one as I say is a confidence thing, but if you don't feel safe, don't do it. I know everyone has to learn, but don't do it during the rush hour etc. Instead of sitting cosy my the PC/TV, get out at night and drive round the town or countryside a bit and get used to it....I had to.

Well said sir.

Apparently I need to spread the rep around before I can give you any more.

I'd like to add to that...

4x4 drivers - I've owned them all from hardcore "proper" 4-bies (Land Rover, Isuzu Trooper) to Chelsea Tractors (Land Cruiser) to soft-roaders (Vitari).

Owing a 4x4 in this weather DOES NOT give you a licence to drive like it's a sunny day at Brands Hatch.

4x4's have better traction from a standing start in wet or slippy conditions and are great on hills, but have only marginally better grip on corners and for braking. All weather tyres, ESP and traction control help a bit, but this is negated but the high centre of gravity that most of these behemoths have.

Throw ones of these round a bend on the B999 and you'll end up in the ditch just like any 2WD car.

....and while I'm on my high horse....

Following Killie's well-earned win against Hibs yesterday, I was trawling the football message boards to see what folks are commenting on these days and as always, I ended up grinding my teeth at the spelling, grammar and general misuse of words.

Here are the popular ones that boil my piss....

• "would of" for "would have"
  • They're, There & Their - almost ALWAYS used in the wrong context
  • "loose" for "lose"
    and my all-time fave...
  • "I was wandering what you thought of the game" - it's WONDERING you weeping Jap's Eye!

Fucks sake you thick cunts, were you THAT jellied in class whilst Teacher was teaching?

• Upvote 2

People moaning about hangovers, especially on Facebook with a status update from about 18 hours previous that reades along the lines of 'OMG Vino time with ma girlz gonna get sooo wasted'!!!11!!'

Serves you fucking right.

Livers and the treatment thereof always get a mention.

Current facebook pet hate is people updating me on the progress of their travel plans. I didn't care you were travelling in the first place, never mind the fact your flight's been cancelled.

I hate rape-map or whetever it's called on Facebook at the moment. I don't really need to know that you've popped a few valium, are home alone and have left all the doors unlocked and exactly where you live or which nightclub you're going to be stumbling out of shitfaced later on so i can follow you home and get all surprise sex on your ass.

No lass, your slutty blue dress doesn't say "rape me" but your latest facebook update does ;)

....and while I'm on my high horse....

Following Killie's well-earned win against Hibs yesterday, I was trawling the football message boards to see what folks are commenting on these days and as always, I ended up grinding my teeth at the spelling, grammar and general misuse of words.

Here are the popular ones that boil my piss....

• "would of" for "would have"
  • They're, There & Their - almost ALWAYS used in the wrong context
  • "loose" for "lose"
    and my all-time fave...
  • "I was wandering what you thought of the game" - it's WONDERING you weeping Jap's Eye!

Fucks sake you thick cunts, were you THAT jellied in class whilst Teacher was teaching?

They're from Kilmarnock, of course they're going to be illiterate.

Speaking of the Facebook status thing, earlier on I had the misfortune of reading my next door neighbour's status that said, "Can a fiesta be fun? ;-)" followed by a cringe-worthy exchange between him and his girlfriend, heavily implying that they had sex in his car.

98684591.jpg

I have a very long list of Facebook status-related Pet Hates. Why am I still in contact with these horrendous dicks?

• Upvote 1

No reason at all, really. Delete your profile, breathe easy and enjoy the freedom.

:)

Indeed, I haven't looked back. While you may think you're missing a lot, it really isn't that much compared to the annoyance.

Hopefully, people realise it was only ever good for sharing pictures with close friends and family and something less 'public' will replace it.

No reason at all, really. Delete your profile, breathe easy and enjoy the freedom.

:)

I know, I really should, but as much as I hate having the tiniest details of the lives of pricks I didn't even like at school thrust in my face, I do quite enjoy that having an account means I need to make minimal effort to remain in contact with people I do actually like but am too lazy to call once in a while.

...Parklife!

Nothing wrong with complaining about a hangover. In fact complaining and not getting any sympathy is a major part of the recovery process.

And about Facebook, if you have a "friend" whose updates are consistently annoying why don't you delete them or just hide their updates from your news feed. There might be some bad things about facebook but I don't understand why some people complain so much when it's pretty easy to modify it so you can avoid those irritating things.

Nothing wrong with complaining about a hangover. In fact complaining and not getting any sympathy is a major part of the recovery process.

And about Facebook, if you have a "friend" whose updates are consistently annoying why don't you delete them or just hide their updates from your news feed. There might be some bad things about facebook but I don't understand why some people complain so much when it's pretty easy to modify it so you can avoid those irritating things.

Because I'm one of those other pricks who occasionally takes great delight in being enraged by things that also annoy me.