aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

Guest idol_wild
Why? Was it really that offensive? Seemed for the most part to be an appreciation of the female form. ?(

In the most charming and politically correct manner, too. Right? :up:

Guest idol_wild
Ahem....Oh who am I kidding, I love breasts as well.

To stay of the topic of what I hate though, I'm still not jolly fond of this presentation. Boo hiss and boo once more. Still, I'd rather only have to do this once a year than the sixty million per term it seemed like I had during my undergrad.

That almost reads as if you're presenting your breasts...

That almost reads as if you're presenting your breasts...

Then, to clarify, I am not. I'm presenting on the idea of reflexive confession in poetry. In this presentation I'm going to talk about a theoretical shift in my work where I look at the work of Confessional poets as self-exploratory rather than self-revelatory after the work of Thomas Travisano. I yammer on about a bit of High Modernism and the Confessional and Progressive verse movements which sought to get away from the false dichotomy set in place by Eliot and Yeats. I also mention E.H. Gombrich's Gestalt theory of art as adapted from gestalt psychology which is a pretty ground-breaking way of considering the difference between perceiving and seeing.

In short, not breasts. Hopefully not a lot of shite either.

Then, to clarify, I am not. I'm presenting on the idea of reflexive confession in poetry. In this presentation I'm going to talk about a theoretical shift in my work where I look at the work of Confessional poets as self-exploratory rather than self-revelatory after the work of Thomas Travisano. I yammer on about a bit of High Modernism and the Confessional and Progressive verse movements which sought to get away from the false dichotomy set in place by Eliot and Yeats. I also mention E.H. Gombrich's Gestalt theory of art as adapted from gestalt psychology which is a pretty ground-breaking way of considering the difference between perceiving and seeing.

In short, not breasts. Hopefully not a lot of shite either.

Tits with brains - Now there's a pet hate :p Am I right guys? huh? Why is an object talking about things I don't understand? Who do you think you are? Veronica Corningstone?

I see. Look, sometimes you just have to look at yourself in the mirror and say: when in Rome.

My thesis is due in a week. It is terrible.

By the way, I can't fucking stand the band The Script. They are fucking rubbish and I wish they would die. What is it about Ireland and bad rock bands? Andrea Corr is excellent though.

The Script are fucking awful.

Also, people, it's fucking cold outside so dress appropriately. I have no sympathy whatsoever for you walking along hugging yourself to stave off pneumonia because you're dressed in what appears to be a fucking white silk negligee when it's blizzarding out. Muppet.

Yeah when I was on the way home yesterday there was a girl dressed in a tiny little dress and ridiculous shoes teetering up the road shivering her labia off...

I'd have felt sorry for her if I wasn't so damn aroused

xx