aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

Continuing the supermarket theme, being looked at like I'm Myra fucking Hindley just because I need a carrier bag.

The whole bag issue is really starting to piss me off... why don't they just supply recycled paper bags? I try to take one of those "lifelong" bags with me whenever I can (purely because getting a carrier bag nowadyas is a pain in the asre), but not every single shopping trip is planned and as I have heaps of the bloody things at home I'll politely ask for a carrier.

The whole bag issue is really starting to piss me off... why don't they just supply recycled paper bags? I try to take one of those "lifelong" bags with me whenever I can (purely because getting a carrier bag nowadyas is a pain in the asre), but not every single shopping trip is planned and as I have heaps of the bloody things at home I'll politely ask for a carrier.

Couldn't agree more. I actually use the normal carriers as rubbish bags, cutting down the amount i spend and waste on other types of rubbish bag. Like you i usually take my "bag for life" bags with me but sometimes i forget and sometimes i don't want to carry four of the fuckers in my hand on their own while i wander around doing stuff so it annoys me when some dour-faced sulk on the other side of the checkout gives me a look like i've just leaped onto the conveyor and curled off a Mr Whippy-style shit when i ask for a couple of carrier bags.

Couldn't agree more. I actually use the normal carriers as rubbish bags, cutting down the amount i spend and waste on other types of rubbish bag. .

That is exactly what I do when I get a normal carrier bag, the bloody supermarkets don't protest at how many waste bin bags you buy (or lecture you on buying non-biodegradable ones)

• Upvote 1

Filthy bastard.:p

:laughing:

The whole recycling issue is a joke, they don't provide the houses in the countryside (well middle-of-nowhere-areas) with the recycling buckets and bags. We just get one massive wheely bin for putting our paper into, but it only gets collected every two weeks. As a result, we have to drive the jeep (it's needed for the bad weather, the roads don't get cleared when it snows often enough and a small, economical car just won't manage) through to the skip and recycling point to get rid of our waste!

They have a shit bus service where I am, yet they are pissed off because so many people drive to work. There's not a park and ride out in Alford, why the hell not?? Plenty of people from Alford work in town.

What about the people who can't make it to the large supermarkets and have to do their shopping at smaller stores, those stores provide non-biodegradable bags and will happily give you as many as you want.

Motorised sport, does that not add to pollution? The royal family jetting off everywhere, that adds to pollution. MPs getting taxis everwhere, well what's wrong with public transport?

It just annoys me, and people in the countryside like to think they are holier than thou because they live amongst the fields, recycle blah blah when in fact most bloody drink drive, don't mind that their kids are always smoking out the back of the school and throwing their cigarette butts anywhere and everywhere and so on.

I never get asked if I want a bag. They just give me one. Despite the fact that alot of the time I have a bag for life in my pocket, or I'm only getting a couple of things which I can carry in my hands, and end up not using the bag they've chucked at me.

They must think I'm a minker.

Religious folks coming to my door. *sigh*

I just spoke to some Catholic missionaries over from Ireland and I've now got their fliers and medal and shit which are probably going stright in the bin, despite my protesting :down:. They were quite nice but I had to give them my agnostic poker face to make them go away.

When you get your change from a shop, and they put the coins on top of your note, on top of the receipt. Is it asking so much to get handed the coins before the note?

Oh i agree so much. Sometimes, it goes, note, receipt then coins for an ultimate fuck about. Way back when, when i was working in retail, i always made sure they got their change, then a note. ALWAYS.

Your right, but we're not allowed to leave them sitting out, looks untidy and people apparently steal heaps to use as pooper scoopers, if it was up to me they could take as many as they liked to do as they please.

They used to have them in dispensers. That was better. Whenever I do my big shop, they ask if I want carrier bags. I say yes, and they give me about 3 initially for a fortnights worth of stuff. Thanks for that.

Tesco have a quota of how many carrier bags they can dish out a day. That's the just the worst thing ever. I think If I'd just done a big shop, and I'd found out there was no bags, I'd probably just leave everything either in the trolley or on the conveyor belt. A bit of extra work for them since they're no longer helping to bag groceries. Earn your wedge.

Its good being a pissy customer. Dumping goods at the counter if you don't get your own way is quite a satisfying tantrum to throw.

Indecisive people, especially when I'm doing ticket sales at work.

Murrr: So, what time would you like to depart? 12:35 or 13:35!

Cock #1: Gee, I don't know! What do you think, Cock #2!

Cock #2: Cor blimey! I don't really mind.

Cock #3: Me neither.

Cock #4: I'm not sure.

Cock #1: Oh, what a pickle!

This tends to drag-on for up to five minutes, at which they all look at each other blankly and go "ERMMMMMMMMMMMMMM!" while a massive fucker of a queue of pissed-off bus pass-wielding old biddies builds up behind them.

How about using your brain chaps, eh?

my job is awesome, cause you need to tell us what you want. we can't tell you what will fit your car, we will try and use our knowlege but if we don't know people just haveto find out off their own back, some people don't realise this, it gives you a good edge against customers. If a customer is a dick to me I'll be and even bigger dick to them with a friendly smile. :)

Your right, but we're not allowed to leave them sitting out, looks untidy and people apparently steal heaps to use as pooper scoopers, if it was up to me they could take as many as they liked to do as they please.

That's a pile of bollocks as well, if anybody wanted to pilfer loads of bags they would just go to the "self serve" machine things where you can take as many fucking bags as you want.

They're supervised, if someone just went and tried to take all the bags, they would be stopped.

supermarkets are just wrong in genral

i used to work in a supermarked in town, where i got sacked from.

i ran the bakery closedown at the end of the night. all the selfserve crossiants, bagels, rolls and doughnuts had to counted at the end to see how much was left i record t on the gun thingy and then all tossed into the compactor, this is what i was told to do. so many customers came up to me saying, "oh are you just throwing them away?" "what a waste" "they should give them to the homeless or at least the staff" i never questioned it, just did what i was told and got on with it. one evening one of the boys fae the checkouts came up to get a snack for his break just as I was chucking out the donuts. i put six in a bag and put a reduced sticker on it so he wouldnt be charged full price, cause they had been sitting all day.

a few days later i get suspended and then following a hearing i get sacked for gross misconduct, reason being because i didnt follow company procedures, fair do's.

but i thought they could have been a bit more lenient, it was 6 stale donuts that were seconds from being thrown away that i reduced to 25p, so i made the company 25p more than if i just threw them away, they didnt see that. they told me that if they dont get the full amout for that donut, then they wont sell it because they want full money, i still dont understand it because they made me reduce the price of all the packaged goods from the bakery when going out of date(while fighting off a hored of lurkers)

I would have understood the reason for sacking me if i had being reducing DVDs to 99p each and getting my mate to buy them for me!

They're supervised, if someone just went and tried to take all the bags, they would be stopped.

Well by the same token then, if YOU had a pile of bags at YOUR till then YOU would stop someone from taking them all for their dogshit.

So tell me again - why isn't there just a pile of bags sitting at the bottom of the till?

Well by the same token then, if YOU had a pile of bags at YOUR till then YOU would stop someone from taking them all for their dogshit.

So tell me again - why isn't there just a pile of bags sitting at the bottom of the till?

he's scared incase the customer complains about his attitute!