aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

It deserves to be in here as it's so crap. If i was to start ranting about the place i would have a hard time stopping, i'll just say it's crap and i'm glad to be leaving.

It'll never be as crap as C21 Data Services (they do the same kind of things). That place is an absolute shit hole, I lasted 6 months there and had to quit before I went on a killing spree lol.

The NHS. So, I have to wait a week to go to a doctor who obviously couldn't give a fuck about my minor physical issue and all he does is say he'll refer me to the physio who I have to wait an additional 2 months to see.

I should have stepped in front of a bus on the way over :up:

On the plus side, we do have drooling genius Stephen Hawking.

People mispronouncing the word sandwich. I really hate it and EVERYBODY does it.

It's easy, it's just said as it's written - Sand-Witch. But everybody pronounces it Sam-Widge. There's no M and there's no G, so can people please start pronouncing it properly. K thanks.

On the plus side, you used to get people saying "sang-witch", but helpfully it seems they have all died of aids.

People mispronouncing the word sandwich. I really hate it and EVERYBODY does it.

It's easy, it's just said as it's written - Sand-Witch. But everybody pronounces it Sam-Widge. There's no M and there's no G, so can people please start pronouncing it properly. K thanks.

This reminds me of my other pet hate, which is people thinking you're 'posh' just because you can pronounce things correctly and suffering the sneering British class hatred as a result, despite being completely piss poor.

The east coast yanks say 'sammich' and it winds the west-coasters up like you wouldn't believe. Of course, they probably mean a burger when they say that. Those crazy guys.

Would it be easier if we all said Butty? I do like that word, even if there is no butter on my butty. It's a butty.

Pronouncing the Ch like a G is a bit mroe forgivable than putting an M in there though. That's just wank.

My pet hate today is horrible yobs. Someone crashed into the missis' car during the night, and drove off. Big damage. Needs a new door. It left some blue paint residue from their car though, but the Police can't really do anything about it. If I do see a blue car with a scuffed bumper round our end, I'll be happily putting holes in their tyres. Possibly even jamming open the boot and putting a hole in the spare too. Oh, and the obligatory turd in the petrol tank. I hope it's a runny one.

RE: My telesales whinefest.

I've got them to hang up a few times by pointing out my phone's registered on the TPS and they're breaking the law by calling me. Then I start asking for their name, their supervisor's name, their office address (some of them don't know this, so I ask how they manage to get to work) etc. Quite often in the middle of it all they just hang up.

I just signed up for this to do something about my marketing call problem, so we'll see how it goes.

Piece of piss to register:

TPS Registration

This week, it's been the robots.:down:

I've never heard anyone pronounce it with an M.. but then again, I don't usually bother to listen.

Guest Tam o' Shantie

how is that a pet hate?

"I hate it when I eat too much at lunch and drink a glass of wine" eh? you maybe wish you hadn't done it, but I don't see how that can be considered a pet peeve...