aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

M&S Staff aren't allowed to say that,, they have to say "thank you for waiting". In case anyone cares...?

I always get thanked for waiting, even if there was only one person in front of me, or no people. Some perception training wouldn't ago amiss instead of using the same line for every customer in every situation, or they might as well be telling me to have a Merry Christmas every day of the year.

Rude? First I've heard of it. the whole point is to go at 100mph to get the customer away as quickly as possible.

Haha. I am in agreement. Never ever did I scan slowly in Boots. Ever.

I use self-scan checkouts quite a lot these days too, mainly because so many of the assistants are totally useless. It's not difficult!

But I hate the wifey that says 'item not in bag' or something along those lines. What if I don't want a bag?! Grrr.

Haha. I am in agreement. Never ever did I scan slowly in Boots. Ever.

I use self-scan checkouts quite a lot these days too, mainly because so many of the assistants are totally useless. It's not difficult!

But I hate the wifey that says 'item not in bag' or something along those lines. What if I don't want a bag?! Grrr.

You put it in the bag and then take it out again after you've paid:up:

The ones at ASDA are a lot better than Morrisons, as they have an option to weigh your bag if you like to bring your own or not at all, and are generally less error prone in my experience. However, they are ear-splittingly loud :down:

No cashier looks hopeful when the customer walks towards them...

It was my bosses that said i went to fast and it put the customer under pressure to bag faster... fuck off.

I hate that... when you can't get the items in the bag quick enough! Then when you try to put your card/money back in your purse and in your bag and pick up the bags you get this look as if to say 'you're so stupid!'

That was never a problem in Boots because we packed the bags for the customer.

I always get thanked for waiting, even if there was only one person in front of me, or no people. Some perception training wouldn't ago amiss instead of using the same line for every customer in every situation, or they might as well be telling me to have a Merry Christmas every day of the year.

I once got asked in Tesco if I "needed some help with my packing today".

I had one item.

I looked at her quizzically and said "I think I can probably manage, thanks" and she went red.

I just don't like small talk, which is why I hate having to go to sainsburys - there's no self service, and it's all idiots on the counters :down:

I don't want to have to talk about the weather with someone with special needs, while they handle my food.

I'm a horrible person, I know. :(

...or even worse, an old person who smells!

• Upvote 1

If someone is going to be grumpy and not talk, i'm fine with that, seriously. If someone is going to be really nice and dead chatty, that's fine too, they often make it a little more fun. I hate it when some grumpy twat comes over and tries to talk to you trying to be polite, i don't know why just feels like they're lying to you, like some guy that hates you, you know you hate each other, but are forcing being nice.

Oh the normal ones, roughly 20-odd, leave it be, its the old buggers or ones with little social skills that look at each item, scan it slowly while smiling into your face wanting to yap, that piss me off.

I'm polite but want to get my shopping paid for as quick as possible

Speaking of self-service machines... have you seen the fucking beasts they've got in Morrison's, man? Jesus H. They're like giant NASA computers from the '60s. You scan your items and it's almost like you've gotta walk around the other side to put them in the bag, by which point the mechanised voice within is order you to "PLEASE PUT THE ITEM IN THE BAG!" about four-hundred times. Ugly pisspots of machines, too. I keep expecting a cup of coffee to pop out of the middle every time I put my coins in.

There's a big woman that guards them sometimes. Terrifies the shit outta me. Every time the NASA machine starts flashing that red light on the top I feel like she's gonna mutilate me.

Good idea, these machines, but bloody awful execution.

Hopefully if i get a transfer to King Street they will give me a better department, will miss working with all my friends in Banchory though:( kinda got used to them being around all time...

I hate Morrison's on King Street. It's disgusting. The toilets are filthy and you get blinded by the UV lights.. and as for the cafe bit - the staff are absolutely useless and the standard of food is awful. I was in just before Christmas and one of the guys 'cleaning' the cafe spilt a bucket of bleach on the floor and stood looking at it, laughing as it flooded towards the tables.

The whole place makes me squirm.. horrendous shop, absolutely horrific.

I hate Morrison's on King Street. It's disgusting. The toilets are filthy and you get blinded by the UV lights.. and as for the cafe bit - the staff are absolutely useless and the standard of food is awful. I was in just before Christmas and one of the guys 'cleaning' the cafe spilt a bucket of bleach on the floor and stood looking at it, laughing as it flooded towards the tables.

I had rant about that cafe a while back, when some gormless fucker stood at the till, watching me and my girlfriend looking at the menus and deliberate over what we wanted for a good 5 minutes, and waited until we decided and then walked the 6 feet or so over to the till before telling us it was closed. What a cunt.

There used to be a black girl who worked in the dry cleaners that was an utter hellbitch as well. I've never encountered such a growly, bad tempered, unhelpful fucking trollop in my whole life. I hope she's dead.

Guest Tam o' Shantie

Every single one of their shoppers is freaky in some way, too. I only go there because it's about 20 feet away from my house.