aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

This bloody awful song i keep hearing on the radio by Tinchy Stryder.

The chorus goes:

"I'm sorry I mistreated you - pretty lady

I'm sorry I misleaded you - pretty lady".

I don't know where that fud went to school, but "misleaded" is not a word. Ever. I cringe every time I hear it.

In fact I hate most R&B music, it's generally just a bunch of sleazy dudes singing sleazy songs about fucking.

"I wanna make love in this club...." for example.

I don't know where that fud went to school, but "misleaded" is not a word. Ever. I cringe every time I hear it.

I actually had to look it up and make sure. I was misled by my tired brain into thinking it was a real word.

If you want to be even more annoyed by it you should google misleaded and see how often the mistake is made.

Also:

Urban Dictionary: misleaded

I actually had to look it up and make sure. I was misled by my tired brain into thinking it was a real word.

If you want to be even more annoyed by it you should google misleaded and see how often the mistake is made.

Also:

Urban Dictionary: misleaded

its no mistake he ment to use that word, sadly enough i have to listen to radio one all day every day and they were on doing an interview the other day, they say its cause it sounded cool and no-one had used it in a song before....seems like theres a good reason!! lol

speaking of Urban Dictionary, i just got these 2 e-mails...

Thanks for your definition of Well Kept Beaver!

Editors reviewed your entry and have decided to publish it on urbandictionary. com.

It should appear on this page in the next few days:

FutureQuest Professional Web Hosting Services. urbandictionary. com/define. php?term=Well%20Kept%20Beaver

Urban Dictionary

-----

Well Kept Beaver

a nicely trimmed and clean vagina

"Did you go down on it"

"Yeah, she had a proper well kept beaver!"

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for your definition of Unkept Beaver!

Editors reviewed your entry and have decided to publish it on urbandictionary. com.

It should appear on this page in the next few days:

FutureQuest Professional Web Hosting Services. urbandictionary. com/define. php?term=Unkept%20Beaver

Urban Dictionary

-----

Unkept Beaver

Opposite of a Well Kept Beaver, a vagina in a poor state of up keep, usually meaning long pubic hair and general uncleanliness.

Man, she had such an unkept beaver that I got friction burns on my little soldier!

Guest Tam o' Shantie

adverts featuring people pretending to be 'real'

most recent culprit is confused.com and their ad featuring 'real people' from all walks of life talking on their webcam about how great confused.com is - from silver surfers to a 'yoof' with fantastic emo hair and some wild aviator shades, and all of them are speaking the praises of confused.com. That bloke could be your next door neighbour, and that lady there is just like aunty gladys...hang on, if this is real life why am i watching them talk to me on an advert break during The Simpsons? Oh right, that's because they are actors being paid to say that confused.com is good. It's just this horrible advertising tactic that is presumably supposed to make me think that i'm having a chat about car insurance websites with some bloke on a bus or a colleague in the staff canteen. it's so phoney and lazy, even a cheesy guy bullshitting me would be preferable, but instead they have to act like it's 'real endorsements' by 'real people'...infuriating and patronising.

most recent culprit is confused.com and their ad featuring 'real people' from all walks of life talking on their webcam about how great confused.com is - from silver surfers to a 'yoof' with fantastic emo hair and some wild aviator shades, and all of them are speaking the praises of confused.com. That bloke could be your next door neighbour, and that lady there is just like aunty gladys...hang on, if this is real life why am i watching them talk to me on an advert break during The Simpsons? Oh right, that's because they are actors being paid to say that confused.com is good. It's just this horrible advertising tactic that is presumably supposed to make me think that i'm having a chat about car insurance websites with some bloke on a bus or a colleague in the staff canteen. it's so phoney and lazy, even a cheesy guy bullshitting me would be preferable, but instead they have to act like it's 'real endorsements' by 'real people'...infuriating and patronising.

Quoted for truth.

There was a similar advert on crisps, where members of the public were commenting on how good they tasted. One member of a group of girls was on a terrible 'comedy' programme on BBC3 last year. Anyone who works in marketing is scum as far as i'm concerned, and celebrity endorsement should be illegalised.

There was a similar advert on crisps, where members of the public were commenting on how good they tasted. One member of a group of girls was on a terrible 'comedy' programme on BBC3 last year. Anyone who works in marketing is scum as far as i'm concerned, and celebrity endorsement should be illegalised.

His quote wasnt about celebrity endorsement. It was about the complete opposite.

Those accident claims adverts...

I was using the wrong ladder to fit alarms...How fucking thick are you?! Why would you climb up a shitty wooden ladder with no support?! Twat!

The woman who slips whilst walking into work...clearly, the floor is wet and you're wearing stupid shoes. You have a butt ugly fringe and by the looks of things you smacked your face off the floor as well as your knee. Twat!

The woman who trips on the "plastic wrapping"...also wearing stupid shoes in a warehouse of all places. Get a fucking grip you Irish bint.

The guy who gets squashed by a forklift. Funny. As. Fuck.

Guest Tam o' Shantie

my tolerance for advert goes on a sliding scale something like this

1. funny, creative or otherwise interesting.

2. typical 'celebrity telling me to buy something' type advert. barry scott & cillit bang type stuff. geezer with product. at least it's honest.

3. advert trying to be funny...but failing drastically. such as the sweets one with one of the characters yelling 'BRING ON THE TRUMPETS' wow, I lolled at that one so hard when i heard it. it was so 'random' and wacky!

4. real people with real opinions! opinions that the product that they are trying to sell is for me, that is. other ones are the weetabix ad with the family who just can't get enough of weetabix. there was a branflakes one as well, the acting was so awful. don't forget flora's cholesterol challenge ad...wtf?! yeah, that looks just like the cholesterol challenges my mum likes to go to on a wednesday night...hang on a minute...this is nonsense!