aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

Do all these extreme examples even matter? The point is, a chap on here made a blanket statement involving the behavior of certain black people he's apparently come across. It's not an extreme case of racism, but he was called upon it, because it was a bit of a daft thing to say.

Either way Jake - We're not calling YOU on being a racist, so it's not "your battle to fight". Why are you "butting in"?

Guest Exposure @ Lemon Tree
My problem with those jokes is that they aren't funny. Ever.

Open challenge, somebody post a funny Scottishman, Englishman, Irishman joke.

Here's one I think is funny..........

Scottish man, English man and Irish man walk into a pub.

The barman says:

"Is this some kind of joke?"

Guest Jake Wifebeater
Yet a few posts back you had a go at Sharon for using an extreme example!

They might be extreme examples to you, but I could give another 10 of that ilk which are all from real-life. Not mine, I hasten to add...

Guest Jake Wifebeater
D Why are you "butting in"?

Because, as someone already pointed out, it's a discussion forum. You can call someone on what they say and I can call you on your response, which I did. And the indignation and hot denials coming in would suggest I've got a point. And it's turned me into a community guru, so I fucken am...

Guest Jake Wifebeater
My grandparents were at my family home for Christmas dinner, and they are incredibely racist. My step-grandad was actually talking about wanting to run over an asian in his car. That's pretty horrific. But, I guess I'll just laugh it off and thank god I'm white.

Be careful those shoulders of yours don't collapse under the weight of the world. I very much doubt your grandad is going to carry that one out and he'll suffer the consequences if he does. Did you challenge him about it? Doubt it, otherwise you wouldn't be whinging about it on the internet.

There's no way you'd change his opinion anyway in all likelihood, he's had those views for most of his life and he's not going to change his mind now on your say-so. You may as well just relax and let it go, isn't there anything closer to home to concern yourself with? You're one lucky fella if there isn't...

Even though they are quite extreme examples, and you could probably see a point; that's no reason to hate a whole heap of people. If a man kicked me in the face over and over again for 30years I'm not going to go about hating ALL men just because of this one person.

Strange 'cause that happens a lot actually. People always get tarred with the same brush. I think we all need to get over that.

Even though they are quite extreme examples, and you could probably see a point; that's no reason to hate a whole heap of people.

(not just you, Elizabeth, has said this, by the way...so don't get yer dander up))

If a few of you are blaming me, for starting all this hoo-ha, because of what I posted?, please be aware that at NO time did I say I HATED ANYONE, I was talking about bad pronunciation!.... so there!

Back on the proper topic....

Don't you just HATE (lol) drivers with badly adjusted headlights, shining into your car and mirror, from behind, and blinding you,when driving at night?, I know I do.....

(I suppose some twat's gonna stick up for them now, just cos it's my post) :)

• Upvote 1

(not just you, Elizabeth, has said this, by the way...so don't get yer dander up))

If a few of you are blaming me, for starting all this hoo-ha, because of what I posted?, please be aware that at NO time did I say I HATED ANYONE, I was talking about bad pronunciation!.... so there!

Back on the proper topic....

Don't you just HATE (lol) drivers with badly adjusted headlights, shining into your car and mirror, from behind, and blinding you,when driving at night?, I know I do.....

(I suppose some twat's gonna stick up for them now, just cos it's my post) :)

It fucking annoys me when I'm driving in the country at night and some fuckwad behind me drives about 2 feet off my bumper and totally blinds me in all 3 of my mirrors. My tactic is usually to slow down to 40mph. That usually gives them the message to back off. Tailgating is really annoying, but worse at night.

(most people are probably guilty of this inc. me )

Poeple who thrive on office gossip/rumours and get excited/stressed from second hand info - I don't wanna know unless it affects me!!!

I HATE this. Considering there are only about 5 full time members of staff at my work, you wouldn't believe how gossipy the place is.

I HATE this. Considering there are only about 5 full time members of staff at my work, you wouldn't believe how gossipy the place is.

I keep telling folk I don't wanna know, it's amazing how much times minds are changed over things happening here, some people are just to easily excited about work changes!!

It fucking annoys me when I'm driving in the country at night and some fuckwad behind me drives about 2 feet off my bumper and totally blinds me in all 3 of my mirrors. My tactic is usually to slow down to 40mph. That usually gives them the message to back off. Tailgating is really annoying, but worse at night.

I agree, its a real pain in the arse....

How fast do they actually want to go? is the question I ask myself!

I don't like it when people lick their finger(s) before turning the page of a book, newspaper or magazine. Particularly if I'm intending on reading the said item after them. I like to think that people don't do this with library books.

It annoys me when there are double doors in shopping centres yet people insist on all trying to get through just one door.

Pescetarians declaring themselves "vegetarians" is a tad annoying too.

Mine would be leaving your phone on your desk whilst you're at a meeting and not having the decency to put it on silient.

Someone who sits near me at work is terrible for it. She's got a new phone now though so the tinny beginning to Snow Patrol's "you are all that I have" has been swapped for "town called malice". Again... and again... and again...

Gah!

Christ you would have loved my old boss, never took his mobile phone away with him and was constantly off wandering about while his phone merrily danced around the desk. His mobile was some prehistoric Nokia that only he could have discovered and his chosen ring tone sounded something like the Simpsons theme being recreated by someone who had taken WAY too many drugs....

I'm going to back you up on this one. Can't really figure out why white folk get so worked up over what they perceive as racism towards other folk when it's not them on the receiving end. It's like straight people getting upset about homophobia, it doesn't affect you so wind your neck in. It's not your battle to fight, you patronising cunt.

You have to question someone's motives when they're tripping over themselves to prove how right-on they are. Chances are it's the "look how sensitive I am, now are you going to ride me?" stunt, the oldest trick in the book.

Although your wee smoking rant earlier really annoyed me, that is pretty much spot on .

I don't like it when people lick their finger(s) before turning the page of a book, newspaper or magazine. Particularly if I'm intending on reading the said item after them. I like to think that people don't do this with library books.

It annoys me when there are double doors in shopping centres yet people insist on all trying to get through just one door.

Pescetarians declaring themselves "vegetarians" is a tad annoying too.

Bon accord is the worst for this... Theres like 10 doors on either side and only 2 of them ever get used...

x

Even though they are quite extreme examples, and you could probably see a point; that's no reason to hate a whole heap of people. If a man kicked me in the face over and over again for 30years I'm not going to go about hating ALL men just because of this one person.

On the other hand, I've been jumped in Edinburgh a few times by people of a certain fashion persuasion... I'm not a pre-judging type of guy, but these days, I find I'm much safer to just keep said people at as much of a distance as possible, unless they proove themselves otherwize. Not particularly fair on those who are decent people and just decide to dress a certain way, but if it saves me another 6-on-1 fight, thats what I'll be doing.

x

I remember when I was about 10 or 11 and had started listening to Madness and was doing so at my Gran's flat. The song 'Madness' came on and I remember her stating that Suggs sounded like a 'wee darky'. I wish I had been racially aware enough to call her on it......really though, rightly or wrongly there's still an older generation for whom black people were not a common sight for them growing up, especially in Scotland...I know that there can be varying degrees of innocence but I find it hard to get wound up by an old woman or man using a term they have used all their lives even though it shouldn't have been used in the first place. Just point out it's not an acceptable terminology anymore....however if your Grandad is the Grand Poobah of the local Klan chapter then there may be more of an issue there....

For the easily offended and very PC, I am recommending you don't read the much-revered novel 'King Solomon's Mines' or the James Bond novel 'Live and Let Die' you may just have a stroke.

• 2 weeks later...

this isn't quite as serious as previous posts but...

people that insist on behaving like arseholes when they have a complaint...

i went for dinner in ma cam's fairly recently and ordered a mushroom carbonara (which had the option of adding chicken for a quid) which i did...

when it turned up, there was no chicken, so i went to complain...did i behave like an asshole? did i look like a dogs arse chewing a wasp?(well maybe i did, but purely in a different context!)

i simply said "hey, sorry, i ordered this with chicken"

i was met with an uncountable amount of apologies and recieved my tasty meal with a minute or two

cue a woman at my work yesterday screaming about how she was overcharged (i wasn't involved in this btw, i just observed) "I ORDERED TWO DRINKS AND YOU'VE CHARGED ME FOR 3!"

"no miss, you've been charged for two, see how the third one has been voided here?"

"YES I CAN SEE THAT! BUT THE DRINK I HAVE BEEN CHARGED FOR WAS A LARGE! I DIDN'T ORDER A LARGE!!!"

"ok, fair enough miss, what was the drink you ordered?"

"A BOTTLE OF TANGO!!!!!!!!"

"oh, well, miss, maam, well, bottles of juice are charged as the same price as large draught drinks"

"WELL! YOU HAVE AN ATTITUDE PROBLEM!"

i observed all this feeling slightly shocked, but not really, after spending over 8 years in various facets of the customer service industry....it makes me weep that such a large majority of people are either insane/arseholes/stupid...

anyway, that's my bugbear...the human race...hahaha

nah, people that refuse to make civilised complaints and take out their petty frustrations on some poor fucker just doing their job behind a counter...if you have a complaint and are pleasant and nice when you make it, the person dealing with it (who will 9/10 have nothing to do with it) will actually want to help you...unlike when some poor sod is just standing behind the till, waiting for their shift to end, starts getting abuse from some random cunt of a punter....

phew, sorry, that was a rant and a half

this isn't quite as serious as previous posts but...

people that insist on behaving like arseholes when they have a complaint...

i went for dinner in ma cam's fairly recently and ordered a mushroom carbonara (which had the option of adding chicken for a quid) which i did...

when it turned up, there was no chicken, so i went to complain...did i behave like an asshole? did i look like a dogs arse chewing a wasp?(well maybe i did, but purely in a different context!)

i simply said "hey, sorry, i ordered this with chicken"

i was met with an uncountable amount of apologies and recieved my tasty meal with a minute or two

cue a woman at my work yesterday screaming about how she was overcharged (i wasn't involved in this btw, i just observed) "I ORDERED TWO DRINKS AND YOU'VE CHARGED ME FOR 3!"

"no miss, you've been charged for two, see how the third one has been voided here?"

"YES I CAN SEE THAT! BUT THE DRINK I HAVE BEEN CHARGED FOR WAS A LARGE! I DIDN'T ORDER A LARGE!!!"

"ok, fair enough miss, what was the drink you ordered?"

"A BOTTLE OF TANGO!!!!!!!!"

"oh, well, miss, maam, well, bottles of juice are charged as the same price as large draught drinks"

"WELL! YOU HAVE AN ATTITUDE PROBLEM!"

i observed all this feeling slightly shocked, but not really, after spending over 8 years in various facets of the customer service industry....it makes me weep that such a large majority of people are either insane/arseholes/stupid...

anyway, that's my bugbear...the human race...hahaha

nah, people that refuse to make civilised complaints and take out their petty frustrations on some poor fucker just doing their job behind a counter...if you have a complaint and are pleasant and nice when you make it, the person dealing with it (who will 9/10 have nothing to do with it) will actually want to help you...unlike when some poor sod is just standing behind the till, waiting for their shift to end, starts getting abuse from some random cunt of a punter....

phew, sorry, that was a rant and a half

I agree with this although something which equally annoys the shit of me is when someone is actually making a complaint in a nice way, and the person behind the counter clearly has an attitude problem.

For example, I was in Triple Kirks the other day (first time in ages, thought it might have changed, I was wrong) walked up to the bar right in front of a barmaid who was having a chat with her mate who was sat at the bar. Normally I don't mind, but having to wait for almost five minutes until she finished the convo, only to be greeted with "well?"

me "sorry?"

her "you want summin or what?"

me "yes, put down the face and get me a pint...if that's alright with you"

some people, eh? o_O

Anyways, another one of my pet hates is people who go out for lunch from work...yet keep their lanyard on around their neck. What are you trying to say? "look at me, i have a job"

cunts.