aberdeen-music

Pet Hates!

Guest idol_wild

Going back to my scabby fingers...

Well fuck.

Suddenly the two seem related. Anyone know of electric strings that aren't nickel plated?

D'addario do phosphur coated strings, probably others around though with various other platings. Other than that looks like you're stuck with classical guitars!

EDIT: Also allergy testing is a complete waste of time and money so hopefully no one will suggest it to you! It will come back telling you are allergic to nickel, and about 600 other things but it is only what causes symptoms that matters. As you have identified, the best way to test an allergy is to exclude whatever you suspect is causing it. If it improves using other non nickel strings - it was almost certainly the nickel causing the problem.

I might look into getting a patch test or something, see what the doc says. No point in jumping to conclusions.

See my post on the last page

"EDIT: Also allergy testing is a complete waste of time and money so hopefully no one will suggest it to you! It will come back telling you are allergic to nickel, and about 600 other things but it is only what causes symptoms that matters. As you have identified, the best way to test an allergy is to exclude whatever you suspect is causing it. If it improves using other non nickel strings - it was almost certainly the nickel causing the problem."

Even if it does tell you that you are allergic to nickel, it tells you nothing you wouldn't already know if you had stayed away from nickel and didn't get a reaction.

You know how a diode only lets voltage through one way? But if you put a high enough voltage down the wrong way it will override the diode, burn it out and just go straight through.

Me = big fuck off voltage coming the wrong way.

You and your inb4 = burnt out diode.

Jake 1 - 0 Joe.

We're going to have to put you down, Jake. Like some kind of pet snake.

• Upvote 2

If your going to insist on putting him down ill have to insist you learn to play root notes on the bass first so you can replace him, sorry to be a pest.

I already can, Milner. I'd be more concerned about me not actually owning a bass like.

I already can, Milner. I'd be more concerned about me not actually owning a bass like.

Oh i wouldnt worry too much about that, you wont need a working bass, our plan has always been to record the bass and play to click, jake is just on stage for the eye candy, so if your as good looking as him, your in.

See my post on the last page

"EDIT: Also allergy testing is a complete waste of time and money so hopefully no one will suggest it to you! It will come back telling you are allergic to nickel, and about 600 other things but it is only what causes symptoms that matters. As you have identified, the best way to test an allergy is to exclude whatever you suspect is causing it. If it improves using other non nickel strings - it was almost certainly the nickel causing the problem."

Even if it does tell you that you are allergic to nickel, it tells you nothing you wouldn't already know if you had stayed away from nickel and didn't get a reaction.

Missed your edit on the other post.

I wonder if anti-histamines would help if it's a nickel allergy? Also seems strange to be playing guitar for 17 years and it's only started in the last 2 years.

Missed your edit on the other post.

I wonder if anti-histamines would help if it's a nickel allergy? Also seems strange to be playing guitar for 17 years and it's only started in the last 2 years.

Late onset allergies aren't uncommon at all. You could spend ages researching this because it is very complex, but hypersensitivty reactions (of which allergies are one type) have no known definite cause but there are thought to 'triggered' by things such as viral illnesses (as simple as a cold - before anyone jumps in with herpes again ;)) or stress and then cause your immune system to form an inappropriate reacion to something which may have previously been innocous. I'd still recommend stopping using nickel strings altogether for a month or so to see if your skin clears up. If you find alternative strings that don't cause a reaction and that you like playing, nothing else needs done. Your GP will help, they deal with a lot more dermatology and allergies than I have seen so should be able to offer good advice.

Oh i wouldnt worry too much about that, you wont need a working bass, our plan has always been to record the bass and play to click, jake is just on stage for the eye candy, so if your as good looking as him, your in.

Where do I sign up?

he's not. Plus he won't have my stage presence.

This was me yesterday. I am fabulous.

justin-bieber-300.jpg

• Upvote 1

Pet Hate:

The fact Stagecoach buses make me feel like I'm going to spew, yet First buses don't.

Do I get the free bus which makes me want to boke, or pay an extra £1.60 a day for a return on the non-bokey bus.

They do? Try getting the 17 bus, that'll make you want to both spew and punch everyone on board very hard.

• Upvote 1

They do? Try getting the 17 bus, that'll make you want to both spew and punch everyone on board very hard.

Ah yes, the Dyce bus. I had to get that once or twice when the trains weren't running. I agree with your comment about punching everyone on board. Its almost like a safari tour around the less salubrious parts of town.