aberdeen-music

Nfl

Nev

Some big business going down of late - Steven Jackson to the Falcons could be a game changer for them! And the Seahawks are gonna be worth a look too. Welker's legit as well and I love him because his arse collapsed and he dropped that ight-on-the-money pass in the Superbowl which helped the Giants out!

Some big business going down of late - Steven Jackson to the Falcons could be a game changer for them! And the Seahawks are gonna be worth a look too. Welker's legit as well and I love him because his arse collapsed and he dropped that ight-on-the-money pass in the Superbowl which helped the Giants out!

I don't really get the Jackson one.  Has he got more in the tank than Turner did?  Does he run harder?  I don't know.  Maybe he was just cheaper.

If they let Flacco go, who would they bring in to replace him? It doesn't look like there are any immediate starter prospects in the upcoming draft and the best free agent QB has already gone to the Chiefs. There are probably 10 other teams that would love to have someone as good as Flacco on the team and could give him the money he's looking for so the Ravens had to pay him.

As for Steven Jackson, it's great that he'll finally be in a team that's capable of winning something. I think he's got a lot more to offer than Turner, he doesn't necessarily run harder but he runs smarter and that goes a long way too.

I'm not saying he's not worth a contract but is it worth paying him that much?  Look at the attrition on that team, who's he going to throw to?

Lets not forget all the passes he just chucked up in the playoffs and Boldin went and got them.  Their receivers are Jacoby Jones and Tory Smith as things stand, hardly the most reliable two pairs of hands.  Their defence looks like it might lose two of it's three best players and the two best leaders on that team.

I'd be seriously worried if I was a Baltimore fan right now.

I don't really get the Jackson one.  Has he got more in the tank than Turner did?  Does he run harder?  I don't know.  Maybe he was just cheaper.

Jackson did all that last yaer with no offensive line to speak of and he;s going to a team with a legit OL. I'd definitely rate him above Turner

Baltimore's off-season business hass been rank. Flacco's choked the team by taking all that cap space

• 4 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Its back!

It feels like so long ago that I last watched a jets game. The traditional quarterback farce has been a joy this summer. Back to where we started now. I expect we'll beat the bucs, because we're still strong enough on defence.

Broncos for the superbowl is my early pick. They certainly looked capable last week.

Ive got the red zone channel this year. Its just an onslaught of football. A bit overwhelming but undeniably awesome. I was dual screening the jets game and the red zone. Bills looked unlucky to lose to the pats. Bears bengals looked tasty too.

Geno smith did pretty well considering its week one, hes a rookie and he had mark sanchez in his ear the whole game. 3 bad turnovers aside, he handled himself really well. There's enough there to suggest he could be handy

They wear pads and helmets. Must be a game for pussies.

Anyone watch the Michigan v Notre dame game? 115,000 people in attendance. Eminen makes a bizarre half time appearance. Multiple mental plays. It was great entertainment. It's now my mission to go to a top tier college game this year. The closest decent college is probably Syracuse or Stanford and they're still about 6hrs away. Should be worth it though.

This is funny...

I've been watching College Football since I got BT Sports/ESPN hooked up for free. I'd never seen much of it before, but watching a whole game seems to have a different feel to it. The atmospheres are great. The fans seem much more 'into' it. Chants and fight songs. Yeah!! The ESPN coverage is borderline-unbearable though. So. Many. Ad breaks! They often don't even wait until a stoppage in play. They'll return from the ad break and show a replay. "Here's what you missed. Huge QB sack! Awwwright!". Fuuuuu.

Packers game was good, despite the loss. It got feisty when Matthews buried Kaepernick. Clay Matthews is a total bastard.

They wear pads and helmets. Must be a game for pussies.

Anyone watch the Michigan v Notre dame game? 115,000 people in attendance. Eminen makes a bizarre half time appearance. Multiple mental plays. It was great entertainment. It's now my mission to go to a top tier college game this year. The closest decent college is probably Syracuse or Stanford and they're still about 6hrs away. Should be worth it though.

This is funny...

It's a joke that won't get old as long as D'Brickashaw Ferguson is still playing. They made a new one that you'll have to click on, I guess:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rT1nGjGM2p8