aberdeen-music

Nfl

Nev

I've got a lot of respect for these Colts cheerleaders who shaved their heads in support of Chuck Pagano. It takes a lot for a chick (especially a hot one - lol) to shave her head.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHHBjk_AHdQ

Watched mostly NCAA this week. I'd read that Di Matteo (that's how I hear his name anyway) for Notre Dame could be in with a shout for the Heisman but hadn't seen much of him. Was mighty impressive against LCU. I'm gonna watch all the bowls then really get into NCAA next year because the past few weeks have been ace.

With news that Ray Lewis might return this season from torn triceps that looked set to see him out for the majority of the season, one of his teammates just dropped the quote of the year!

“At the end of the day, you’re gonna see Ray Lewis again,” linebacker Brendon Ayanbadejo told Yahoo’s Silver. “For the greatest player in Ravens history to be able to return from this injury and come on this championship run with us? When he was said to be down and out? Man, that’s critical mass. When he comes through that tunnel, that’s gonna be the earthquake and the tsunami.”

Boom!

I'm not convinced with Harbaughs plan just now. "We have 2 starting quarterbacks."

What does that mean Kaepernick was awful this week he gave them a touchdown and a safety. He's basically a rookie though so it's to be expected but this team is ready to win now! The more you delay that with a rookie QB the worse it is for the team. This is the best defence in the NFL (all round) they finally have a great pass rusher in Aldon Smith who is just a beast. So now that Alex Smith has recovered from his concussion IMO he should be back starting he is consistent and careful with the ball that is what this team needs. They dont need a duel threat QB that can do great things with 50 yard runs etc.

Alex Smith isn't the kind of guy that can change a game tho, I don't think. Kaepernick is. He's dynamic, exciting and dangerous. He makes the defenders account for an extra man and that frees up space for his ther guys.

But with that comes the rookie mistakes he's only got about 3 starts under his belt and we're in the midst of a season where we're currently the number 2 seed in the loaded NFC. Smith's numbers from this year were very good before he got hurt we should be beating he rams by 10+ points not losing in OT.

There is no denying that he is the future but is this really the time to make the change?

He's the guy that Harbaugh wanted to bring in. Alex Smith is the guy who was there already. It's clear that despite everything Smith's done in the last year (and he has been one of the most accurate passers in the league during that time) Kaepernick's going to be The Man from now on. I was reading the other week when all this started kicking off about how much Harbaugh loves Kaepernick because of his work ethic and desire to learn about the game.

Found the thing...

Harbaugh wanted a baller out of his quarterback. He wanted a player who loves to practice, loves to learn, loves to play. As a friend of Harbaugh's and GM Trent Baalke's, Trent Dilfer, told me in a quote I used in Sports Illustrated this week: "Kaepernick's a football junkie, and he'll be trained 24/7/365 by Jim Harbaugh to be an NFL quarterback. Every aspect of his life will be about being a quarterback. Perfect guy for Harbaugh." As another draft analyst told me Sunday: "Harbaugh drafted himself.''

When San Francisco drafted Kaepernick, it was about 3:17 p.m. in Turlock, Calif., south of Sacramento, where Kaepernick lives. That's about 90 minutes from Santa Clara, where the 49ers train. And when Harbaugh got on the phone to welcome him to the team, he told him maybe they could meet halfway in the morning, then drive together the rest of the way to Santa Clara for his welcome-to-the-49ers meeting. Harbaugh just couldn't wait to get going, and even if he wasn't going to be able to talk football much because of the lockout, he wanted to start getting to know his new quarterback.

Kaepernick trumped that. "Coach, I'm only 90 minutes away,'' he said. "I can come over right now.'' And the Niners ended up taking him up on the offer. Kaepernick was in the building, grinning like a 10-year-old digging into birthday cake, by 6:30 p.m.

"Whether it's checkers or the Super Bowl,'' Kaepernick told me, "I've got to win. We had such a good time when coach Harbaugh came to work me out at Nevada. His energy is what got to me. I thought, 'I'd really like to play for this guy.' The first thing we did was throw the ball to each other, and he made it a contest ... Who could throw five perfect spirals in a row? Then who can throw the ball through the goalposts from difficult angles? He just wanted to compete with me and see how I would react.''

Don't get me wrong I do love Kaepernick and the things he can do but I just question the timing of this we need to have a good end to the year secure the second seed and get a bye week and home field. If he can cut out the mistakes then that's great but it's a lot to ask of a young QB.

I suppose it's ok though as the team are running things well on the defensive side of the game Bowman just got signed up to a 5 year extension so that's pretty much all of our positions on defence locked down for another few years. So hopefully we can keep competing near the top of the pile. Goldson is the only one not tied down on a deal he's happy with so I'd really like to see him get tied up.

Yeah, the kaepernick situation is nuts. Not a patch on the Sanchez/Tebow/macelroy trifecta of doom but nuts nonetheless.

Quite an interesting week in Football. One of the mikes from Mike and Mike said he experienced the best and worst games ever this wknd. (Jets v cards, alabama v gerorgia - ill let u decide the order)

The RG3 show last night was a highlight. Is it just me or is he the best at faking a hand-off you've ever seen? Such a well-spoken gent too. I'm in awe of the guy. He's a bit more blockbuster than Andrew luck so attention has been diverted a little from what was one of the finest rookie qb final drives ever. 'Wise beyond his years' indeed. The excitement around these two guys is a pleasure to experience.

Brady Quinn handled himself very admirably in the circumstances. I don't think he could have given a better post-game speech. Really impressed with how he and the coach dealt with the whole thing. Such an awful event.

Talk of JJ Watt getting league MVP this year. Have watched him in full games

a couple of times and you can't help but take notice - he's just ALWAYS there, whether its a tip, a sack or just his presence, he seems to feature in every play.

RG3 is so impressive but so is Luck. I have to say I thought that the 'Skins gave up way to much to get RG3 but it seems to be working out and he is amazing. Essentially 3 1's and a 2 though is going to be a heavy price in the years to come. If you cant surround your good young QB with talent you can really struggle (Sam Bradford). Luckily for Skins I suppose their owner is almost as cash happy as Jerry Jones is so he will bring in the marquee free agents to help RG3 instead of the draft picks so they could be alright.

I forgot to say that next season they should be guaranteed an improvement on defence as they lost Orakpo and Carriker in like week 1 for the entire season. Both huge defensive playmakers!

So Manziel got the Heisman - the first freshman to do so. I was welling up during his speech until the moment he said 'Most of all I want to thank God'. Dunno why but that always makes me uncomfortable.

This giants/saints game is a belter. Big, gutsy plays... which is a stark contrast to the Jets earlier who played like Stoke. I suppose their defense did well but Sanchez looked so scared to throw the ball and they were just really boring. They weren't as bad as the jaguars at least.

The Pats came out all-guns blazing, rattling the Texans for the first time this season. Then they started doing a nice job of switching up the defense in the second half to better cover hernandez and Welker, If Schaub was on his game a little more then the score could have been closer, the Pats got a few lucky breaks. Not so sure they got 'found out' to be honest, just beaten by a better team on the day. Still, that's maybe a taste of what playoff football is all about.

The potential NFC West decider is looking like it's going to be a brutal game. 49ers Defence vs Seahawks Defence. Kaepernick vs Wilson. Harbaugh vs Carroll.

Hopefully both the Seahawks massive corners will be suspended then seeing as they both got tested positive for performance enhancers. Seriously though 6'3'' and 6'4'' for corners. That's just not fair.

Also would like to see Aldon break the NFL single season sack record then. Because it shouldn't be owned by Strahan. Favre flopped for his final sack.