aberdeen-music

Nfl

Nev

The real scary thing is the play was reviewed!

You can see two refs making a wrong call on the field especially when they are the replacements. But it got sent to the booth there's no way with those replays that they shouldn't have been able to see what actually happened.

They missed the blatant offensive pass interference call on the throw anyway. Tate for the Seahawks just blatantly pushes one of the pack over and there was no call.

The rules dictate that replay officials aren't allowed to overturn the decision as to who made the catch - even though it was really obvious to anyone watching the replay that it should have been Green Bay ball/end of game. The contradictory calls by the on field officials was gold though. Wonder how the TD guy managed to convince the others that he was right. CJ has forgotton which direction he's supposed to be running in. All skipping from left to right trying to find a gaping hole instead of pushing between the tackles and breaking free like he did in that mammoth season a couple of years ago.

Sounds like they're suggesting simultaneous catch because Jennings hadn't completed the catch (2 feet down + ball under control) before Tate got his mitts on it but that doesn't add up with the description of simultaneous catch they've cited and even then there was a blatent offensive pass inteference that should have wiped it out so it was still a shit call.

Thing I've remembered from last night. The Ravens fans shouting bullshit at incredible volume after some dodgy calls going against them. Marvellous.

I only caught the first half because the girlfriend wanted 'to go do stuff'. Glad I left the house, it was pretty painful. Again, the jets seem to have no clear ideas. They look unstable on all counts. When passing they look like an interception is pending, when rushing there's no solid powerhouse u know will get yards and in defense they look semi ok

Giants v eagles game should be good

Giants v eagles game should be good

It was and it wasn't.

To borrow a soccerball phrase... it was nip and tuck. Sometimes great defense is just as exciting as great offense but that's when people are making sacks, interceptions and general badassery, this was more a case of great blocking and just plugging up all holes. Great ending. Why did the Eagles coach/Walrus call a timeout on that last kick? Is it because he thought it was gonna be good and figured he may as well take a chance on him missing the 2nd one? didn't matter in the end but still odd.

Jacksons move to lose the corner for his TD was beautiful. Turned his head to look for the ball which made the corner turn a second later and as the corner turned Jackson made a hard cut to his left. When the corner looked back it was like "Huh, where did he go?".

Amazing.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-game-highlights/0ap2000000067598/Jackson-19-yard-TD-catch

Santonio Holmes out for the season. That's one hell of a blow. Right after Revis too. What's the NFL equivalent of 'impending relegation battle'

Battling for the first pick in next year's draft, maybe.

As for the timeout before a FG thing - it's stupid. The idea behind it is to put the kicker off so they miss the second attempt but it's rare that they actually do and it means that if the first one misses (as in the Eagles game) or is blocked (as in last week's Dolphins game) the kicker gets a chance to put it right. I don't get why any coach still does it.

Battling for the first pick in next year's draft, maybe.

As for the timeout before a FG thing - it's stupid. The idea behind it is to put the kicker off so they miss the second attempt but it's rare that they actually do and it means that if the first one misses (as in the Eagles game) or is blocked (as in last week's Dolphins game) the kicker gets a chance to put it right. I don't get why any coach still does it.

Neil Reynolds read out a stat last weekend that kickers are more likely to make the kick (by a couple of percent) after being iced

I'm really glad the Cardinals lost last night I don't get the analysts love for this team. I know they were undefeated but they did it through crazy close games that they were a bit lucky to win.

They say they are riding a "great" defence and that is helping them win. I don't see it myself, statistically they are a very average defence they get some pressure when they don't blitz but it's not great. I think they'd get taken apart by a top tier team. Patrick Peterson is fantastic though.l