aberdeen-music

Nfl

Nev

I don't have a team as such, despite that being the norm for me watching sports. I started following Alabama last year but then they won the national championship and I'm not into teams who win stuff! the Giants only got good recently so they're ok! I keep an eye on OU and Boise State because both have British guys on their rosters (Tom Wort, MLB at OU and Elliot Hoyte, DE at Boise) and I'm huge fan of Nick Saban which is how I started rooting for 'bama, but I do have a huge fondness for Chip Kelly and his Oregon offense. It's the way I like my football; simple, fast and ruthless.

I predicted 11/12 games this weekend (not including SF/SEA which I was too slow to include).

I put on a £1 acca and missed out on the Tennesee Buffalo game by one point!

Had a pretty good weekend gambling wise on NFL other than that though tasty 1.6/1 on GB/NO double and a 7 gamer which included Tennesee winning! I knew I should have stuck with them in my big £1 one.

I love the 'a man flew' quote above. Had me in stitches.

I've decided the Colts are my 2nd team. for a few reasons. That post-game speech by the coach with leukemia today and this video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5mSGMDLwLrI

Also because I like Andrew Luck. The expectations around this kid seem huge and so far he's producing the goods. RG3 has been great but he is taking risks (wtf was he doing receiving last week?!) and acting like the hugely talented but reckless rookie that he is whereas Luck just seems to be plodding along consistently. I actually googled 'has a rookie ever won the superbowl?' today after his performance. Surprised to find out it hasn't ever happened. It's not gonna happen this year obviously but he's got me a little bit excited.

I feel bad for Michael Vick (in a football sense, not in any other way). The pass protection he got last night was utterly useless. He's a great quaterback playing behind a very suspect offensive line. There's talk about dropping him, which is ridiculous - can you imagine how many sacks a second string QB would have taken last night?

Still, the rushing from the Eagles was top of the pops. They're a fun team to watch.

I feel bad for Michael Vick (in a football sense, not in any other way). The pass protection he got last night was utterly useless. He's a great quaterback playing behind a very suspect offensive line. There's talk about dropping him, which is ridiculous - can you imagine how many sacks a second string QB would have taken last night?

Still, the rushing from the Eagles was top of the pops. They're a fun team to watch.

I think he's an ok quarterback these days playing behind a bad offensive line.

They've tried too much to make him the pocket passer he only runs now when he's stared down the field and scrambled for ages. Before he would look, read, scramble, look read again then just peg it if there was nothing on. Defence had less time to react, he gained more yards and got down or out of bounds safer.

Now it takes him so long before he actually sets off that the defence is ready to cream him after about 6 yards which leads to injuries and hits to the head that are mounting up now.

They need to let him be himself more he's still got the speed he's much more like the speed of Cam or RG3 than an old McNabb. Just let him run it a bit more and get down safely.

I think he's an ok quarterback these days playing behind a bad offensive line.

They've tried too much to make him the pocket passer he only runs now when he's stared down the field and scrambled for ages. Before he would look, read, scramble, look read again then just peg it if there was nothing on. Defence had less time to react, he gained more yards and got down or out of bounds safer.

Now it takes him so long before he actually sets off that the defence is ready to cream him after about 6 yards which leads to injuries and hits to the head that are mounting up now.

They need to let him be himself more he's still got the speed he's much more like the speed of Cam or RG3 than an old McNabb. Just let him run it a bit more and get down safely.

I'm biased because Vick is from the same town as my family and he's pretty much considered a hero. (Hampton, VA - same place as Allen Iverson who is also a legend there). My uncle had been telling me about him from his high school days. You're right though - he's not a top tier QB but he's a lot better than the media would have you believe at the moment. I'm not sure how much difference one of the top guys would make were they in his his position last night. He's certainly no Sanchez though.

Here's the Sanchize showing again why he was well worth that 50 million dollar extension.

18e87c901bdec66a8ec88ed17c9af75f_large

What a terrible offensive line they have. As much as Sanchez is a total boob, I can't help but feel bad for him given the options he has in front of him. If it wasn't for their defense, the game yesterday would've been even more one-sided. I just can't wrap my head around their offensive strategy. Having that level of confusion on the field during an NFL game is an embarrassment. Tebow looks like he doesn't know what he's supposed to do when he gets on and and it seems like noone tells sanchez he should come off.

What a terrible offensive line they have. As much as Sanchez is a total boob, I can't help but feel bad for him given the options he has in front of him. If it wasn't for their defense, the game yesterday would've been even more one-sided. I just can't wrap my head around their offensive strategy. Having that level of confusion on the field during an NFL game is an embarrassment. Tebow looks like he doesn't know what he's supposed to do when he gets on and and it seems like noone tells sanchez he should come off.

Sanchez can't do that though (the gif). He's done that a few times this season already. Just take the sack. It's better than giving them a touchdown straight away.

Sanchez can't do that though (the gif). He's done that a few times this season already. Just take the sack. It's better than giving them a touchdown straight away.

Oh dear god yes, it's inexcusable. That's probably not even the worst thing he did yesterday. The triple pump-fake then the weak-ass throw straight to their safety was a highlight for me.

At that point, you can't be looking to throw the ball! Tuck it away!

We had a situation yesterday where our QB dropped back, was under all kinds of pressure (we were totally outgunned by a much better team) and threw the ball, off his back foot, right down the middle of the field to their MLB. He came off the field, having just put our already mashed Defense in terrible field position and I gave him the look that says "WTF were you doing?!" and he says "THERE WAS NOBODY OPEN!!!!" And I'm like "So you threw the ball up in the air down the middle of the field against the best defense in our league?!"

The difference is, our QB isn't getting paid millions of pounds a year!

In other news, I was sad to see the falcons lose their perfect record. They've been outstanding so far.

Good to see the texans proving their worth too. They've been talks about as a team that hasn't been tested yet and the record is flattering but despite the crazy amount of turnovers in the game yesterday they looked a solid team.

Is it too early to predict playoffs/super bowl? Any predictions?

In other news, I was sad to see the falcons lose their perfect record. They've been outstanding so far.

Good to see the texans proving their worth too. They've been talks about as a team that hasn't been tested yet and the record is flattering but despite the crazy amount of turnovers in the game yesterday they looked a solid team.

Is it too early to predict playoffs/super bowl? Any predictions?

I don't fancy that Falcons D much. They're all but guaranteed play-offs at this point but I can't see them winning the NFC. Too many better defences in that conference.

I think we'll see more changes at the top before the playoffs come around. The cream will rise to the top and we'll see some traditional playoff teams push out some of the teams who have had strong starts.

Cutler's status will impact on the Bears. The Texans seem to be playing with a fire under them, but will they be able to keep it up?

I think the Texans'll be fine as long as Schaub is fit. It was only when he got knacked last year that they dropped off and even then they came close to making the AFC Championship game. I'm putting them down to get there this year but they'll lose against the Broncos.

I can't pick from the NFC, there are 7 teams that I could see being reasonable superbowl contenders. Fuck it, the Bucs. They're going to beat the Falcons twice in the regular season and top the NFC South.

Broncos to win against the Bucs in the big game.

If Cutler/Smith aren't dead from the concussions then I see a big defence team coming out of the NFC this year.

I fancy a Broncos (Peyton) vs Bears rematch. With the same result. That Broncos team is more talented than any of the teams Peyton carried over in Indy. The only area thats not as good is the WRs but Peyton is making them better anyway.