aberdeen-music

Nfl

Nev

• 2 months later...

I would love it if the premier league played a fixture in the US. It could never happen of course. Football clubs are not like these franchises. A footie game is sacred, there are people who have never missed a fixture and wouldn't stand for it. A EPL game could fill one of the 100 thousand seater stadiums no problem I reckon. It wouldn't even have to be two top sides. I genuinely believe people would turn out in numbers for stoke v west ham.

I've been really surprised by how popular the EPL is over here. The fox soccer channel is really good and the bars advertise the games almost as much as back home. Rooney's overhead against city was even on all the national news networks and was being talked about everywhere you went.

Sorry, off topic. I'm gonna definitely make it to a Jets and/or Giants game this year.

• 4 months later...

I've decided to get into NFL. I know really nothing about it but I've become interested after watching Friday Night Lights. It might be really lame to get into a sport through a Highschool tv drama but I wont let that stop me.

Any tips on good places to watch games online?

Also tell me which team to support!

I've decided to get into NFL. I know really nothing about it but I've become interested after watching Friday Night Lights. It might be really lame to get into a sport through a Highschool tv drama but I wont let that stop me.

Any tips on good places to watch games online?

Also tell me which team to support!

Pick a team that is not the Bengals. They are perrnial losers and are terribly run. Just pick a team you like the name of I say or somewhere you plan to go maybe.

Don't just pick the best team as with all American sports the draft means your team will be good if it's bad in a few years (or at least that's how it usually works!). Lions are a good example of this they lost all 16 games a few years ago (first time this ever happened) and now they are really competitive and could even have a winning record this year.

Not sure about online viewing but i'm sure you'll find a stream of the Sky sports coverage or the ESPN one as well.

For sports fans, the British American Football season culminates with BritBowl, which takes place at Crystal Palace this year on the 24/25 September. Youth, Junior, D1, D2 and Premier finals, as well as the flag football finals, all on one weekend.

A lot of Scottish interest this year too, at all levels. My own team, the East Kilbride Pirates, are playing in our third consecutive Division 1 title game on Saturday at 3pm (it's high time we won one!) and that's followed by the Premier final. The Prem semi-finals are this Sunday so not sure who's going to be making it there, but it's very much expected that the London Warriors will face reigning BriBowl and EFAF Cup holders, London Blitz. Tickets are available on Ticketmaster and on the door each day.

• 2 months later...

Who's keeping up this year?

Tim Tebow has been excellent entertainment. How he keeps grinding those victories out I don't know. My girlfriend says it's coz he's 'so damn handsome' but i'm not so sure.

Packers vs Giants was immense. Packers are obviously gonna win the Super Bowl, surely?

Have really enjoyed watching the Saints too this year. Drew Brees has such a repertoire and that new guy whose name I forget (looks a bit like Blake Griffin in that 'is he black or white?' way) who seems to telepathically know where the ball is and catches everything... he's ace.

Been a great year so far. Mixed season as a Giants fan and we're typically slumping now, but a couple of results against the Cowboys could be enough to get us to the playoffs and as we showed previously, it's all on once we get there. It's hard not to like Tebow too. Incredibly hard worker and just wills his team to victory, using an offense that has seldom been run with any great success in the NFL.

In case anyone's interested in the game over here, here's a highlight video of me and my team winning the British Div 1 title back in September:

Was a great day out and after failing at the final hurdle two years in a row, to finally win was quite a feeling.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Been a good couple of weeks! Simpson's play was off the charts and for us, Victor Cruz has come of age in spectacular fashion this year! Even in the last couple of games, first a 99-yder and then a 74-yder and in his first proper season, he's smashed the Giants single season receiving record! Now it's time to see whether we can put together a little playoff run!

Been a good couple of weeks! Simpson's play was off the charts and for us, Victor Cruz has come of age in spectacular fashion this year! Even in the last couple of games, first a 99-yder and then a 74-yder and in his first proper season, he's smashed the Giants single season receiving record! Now it's time to see whether we can put together a little playoff run!

Yet still didn't get voted to the Pro Bowl, some of the selections are a joke. BJ Raji? Jog on.

49ers got 2nd seed in the NFC which is great as we now get a bye week to make sure #52 is properly healthy for the divisional round.

That's the thing tho, the Pro Bowl is just about who people historically like and have heard of. People who are long off the boil get voted in because they're known names. Have you ever voted? It's just a mass list so I reckon fans get fatigued and once they've voted in their own guys, just pick the obvious guys.

The event itself is a nonsense - it's not possible to play the game without going 100mph. The only good stuff is the nonsense the players get up to in between, like when Larry Allen rocked up in a gameshirt, Rolex and cutoff jeans and threw up about a million reps of a tonne on the bench like it was nothing!

The last great Pro Bowl moment was the Bills punter's attempted fake and Sean Taylor ran threw him like he wasn't there!

That's the thing tho, the Pro Bowl is just about who people historically like and have heard of. People who are long off the boil get voted in because they're known names. Have you ever voted? It's just a mass list so I reckon fans get fatigued and once they've voted in their own guys, just pick the obvious guys.

The event itself is a nonsense - it's not possible to play the game without going 100mph. The only good stuff is the nonsense the players get up to in between, like when Larry Allen rocked up in a gameshirt, Rolex and cutoff jeans and threw up about a million reps of a tonne on the bench like it was nothing!

The last great Pro Bowl moment was the Bills punter's attempted fake and Sean Taylor ran threw him like he wasn't there!

Yeah I voted last few years, for a position I have no outstanding person for I just tend to look for the starter on a team that I remember doing well (usually when it comes to centers/guards).

It's just a points fest DBs and WRs can play pretty normally apart from hits. But the D line and O line just do a dance the whole game. It is a farce, not as bad as the NHL all star game though.

Yeah, they do look like they're having a laugh and it's funny seeing the normally super-serious coaches in their hawaiian shirts, having a banter on the sidelines!

You're not wrong there, no shortage of solid teams in the NFC this year, but you can never write off the Pats. The Ravens D is ferocious too, but I just don't think Flacco has what it takes. Another key factor is experience and the Steelers have no shortage of that so they're hard to write off too. The AFC will definitely do it's part! I do agree the Lombardi is coming back to the NFC again tho!

Well the Giants got the job done on Sunday in the best display they've put on in long time. If you're gonna start to look good, now's the time to do it, especially with the Packers up next. I think we can definitely challenge them and we showed that in the regular season, but it'll take something special from everyone on the roster to get the win.

Another exciting weekend ahead tho - looking forward to it!

NFC games are going to be awesome. Pack versus Giants will probably turn into a shootout and the 49ers Saints is Great Offense vs Great Defense which should be interesting.

Hopefully the Pats show up the Broncos as I really dont want to see that Broncos offense in a Championship game. Think the Ravens will just stop the run against Houston and then force TJ Yates to try and beat them in the air. With Ed Reed at safety I don't see that going well.

The Broncos offense is good if you're a fan of college ball or you play it yourself because it utilises such simple concepts like option, but with all these roided up maniacs running them! Tebow is someone that it's hard not to root for. He's a pretty magnetic character!

The 49ers/Saints will be very interesting as you say! Their D is rock solid but they still have some potency on O and that gives them a real shot!