aberdeen-music

Nfl

Nev

They'll get pumped by the Broncos I reckon but seven and oh is still seven and oh in the NFL, made even more impressive by the fact they won twice all last year.

Colts Broncos was a good game. Welker's catch in the 4th was outstanding. Felt for Reggie Wayne. He's gonna be out for the year by the looks of it. I love that Luck is taking the blame. Top top patriarch QB in the making.

RG3 creeping back to form is heartening. Love that guy.

Word of Tebow filling in for Bradford is a fun little story. He just can't stay out the limelight can he?!

Gronk is gonna be unstoppable in a couple of weeks. he looked rusty but hungry and gives the Pats that much needed seem presence. Wouldn't be surprised if they win all the rest of their games tbh.

Get the team to follow this guy's lead and play in hazmat suits:

ku-bigpic.jpg

I caught some of the highlights from last night before I came to work this morning. I'm no Panthers fan but it's been good to see Cam Newton getting back into some sort of good form. The way he fended off a defender with one arm while throwing a pass for their first TD was crazy good. Now if they could get a receiver not called Steve Smith they'd have a chance.

that fake spike was weird...

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1828529-matthew-stafford-was-micd-up-for-his-game-winning-td-drive-against-the-cowboys?utm_source=facebook.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=programming-national

What a game though.

The outcome of that Jets game could've been predicted. No plan b, rookie QB who can't handle being behind, weak secondary, missing key players... blah blah blah, chalking it up as just one of those days. Tough one at NO next week then a bye, we'll see where we're at in 3 weeks. Maybe will have done some trading by then too. 

How was the London game? Textbook rout by the looks of it but what was the atmosphere like, etc?

My 2nd team still undefeated. Can we talk about them being the real deal yet? Dat defense in the last 5 looked legit, they stopped the final drive with authority.

Megatron... just wow.

Eagles Giants was fucking miserable. Watched it in a bar with both sets of fans, they all seemed to be focussing their attention on the other games as their teams traded 3 and outs.

Green Bay looked tidy. They just have that ability to never get shit no matter who they're missing - there's always some young pup ready to perform.

KC beat Cleveland.  Lets not break out the bunting just yet!

I think the defence is legit, top 5 will win games.  It's the offense I'm worried about, specifically passing.  If the D can't hold up against a big offense like a Denver can that offense keep up?  It's like the question on the Alex Smith 49ers.  Defense does win you games but there are times you need to score big to keep up with an opponent with so many offensive weapons.

London game was really good, crowd is always getting better at the games.  Second half was a little troll though it was so one sided everyone was cheering every first down from the Jags like it was a TD.

KC beat Cleveland.  Lets not break out the bunting just yet!

I think the defence is legit, top 5 will win games.  It's the offense I'm worried about, specifically passing.  If the D can't hold up against a big offense like a Denver can that offense keep up?  It's like the question on the Alex Smith 49ers.  Defense does win you games but there are times you need to score big to keep up with an opponent with so many offensive weapons.

London game was really good, crowd is always getting better at the games.  Second half was a little troll though it was so one sided everyone was cheering every first down from the Jags like it was a TD.

After the bills next week KC has the Broncos twice, the Chargers twice, the Colts, Redskins and Raiders so there are still going to be doubters if they come through all those undefeated. They'll lose maybe 5 out of that I reckon but they're not gonna pull a Texans.

Gruden is a joy. He commentates with a cheeky grin. In fact, I pretty much love all the NFL commentators. I'm constantly amazed by the things they spot - they watch the game on a whole other level to most plebs. My favourite is Ian 'The Bird' Eagle on CBS ( i dunno if you get any CBS coverage back home?). He does Brooklyn Nets games as well and just has this geeky natural ability to call games in the most efficient way possible whilst still being entertaining.

J-E-T-S

Great win and a formidable defensive performance. Nick Folk do... I aint evah seen so much kicking determination in the NFL. What a beast he is from the tee. Geno played smart too. All he had to do was hand it off to Chris Ivory who had a stormer against that rush defence but he did it well and managed the clock efficiently too. He looked in control of the offensive line the whole game. It was an entertaining game too. Snacks for defensive player of the year? I'm tempted to get his jersey.

Felt a bit for the Texans last night. That plucky 3rd string QB played out his skin and they deserved something out of that game. He looked like he was having the time of his life, like some kid on a make a wish foundation thing or something. Texans kicker is LOLbad.

KC unbeaten, but no change from last week. Still haven't played the big boys, yadda yadda. Their D is scoring more points than their offense.

Happy RGIII seems to be stringing along performances. I feel like the NFL needs him to be a star. There's something exciting about him.

Adrain Peterson's run was ace. So much determination.

Steelers continue to be awful whilst the Pats continue to look more and more like champs.

Panthers on a bit of a roll is fun to see.

Manningham and Eric Wright coming back soon for the 49ers could be tasty. I think they'll be pushing the Seahawks for the conference.

J-E-T-S

Great win and a formidable defensive performance. Nick Folk do... I aint evah seen so much kicking determination in the NFL. What a beast he is from the tee. Geno played smart too. All he had to do was hand it off to Chris Ivory who had a stormer against that rush defence but he did it well and managed the clock efficiently too. He looked in control of the offensive line the whole game. It was an entertaining game too. Snacks for defensive player of the year? I'm tempted to get his jersey.

Felt a bit for the Texans last night. That plucky 3rd string QB played out his skin and they deserved something out of that game. He looked like he was having the time of his life, like some kid on a make a wish foundation thing or something. Texans kicker is LOLbad.

KC unbeaten, but no change from last week. Still haven't played the big boys, yadda yadda. Their D is scoring more points than their offense.

Happy RGIII seems to be stringing along performances. I feel like the NFL needs him to be a star. There's something exciting about him.

Adrain Peterson's run was ace. So much determination.

Steelers continue to be awful whilst the Pats continue to look more and more like champs.

Panthers on a bit of a roll is fun to see.

Manningham and Eric Wright coming back soon for the 49ers could be tasty. I think they'll be pushing the Seahawks for the conference.

Crabtree should be back by December too I believe.  I don't know what's up with the Seahawks these recent weeks.  Some really ugly performances especially Offensively.  Their record flatters them if I'm honest since the Texans game that Matt Schaub gifted them.  That said the hallmark of a good team is winning when you play terrible.  So they deserve the praise they are getting for sure.

It was nice to see Browner actually get called for holding and PI this weekend though.  That dude gets away with that shit every game.  Sherman is a beast but plays to the rules.  Browner is constantly draped over receivers and just seems to get away with it.

The Jets D played well you have to feel for the Saints when you lose one of their main offensive weapons that early though.  Jimmy Graham missed a few series as well with his elbow.  I wasn't impressed with the Jets QB if I'm honest especially giving the Saints the ball back to have a chance to win at the end.  The defense played so well it didn't matter though.

Also good to see the Jets playing smash mouth again properly.  Which is all Rex Ryan's teams are really good at.

Crabtree should be back by December too I believe.  I don't know what's up with the Seahawks these recent weeks.  Some really ugly performances especially Offensively.  Their record flatters them if I'm honest since the Texans game that Matt Schaub gifted them.  That said the hallmark of a good team is winning when you play terrible.  So they deserve the praise they are getting for sure.

It was nice to see Browner actually get called for holding and PI this weekend though.  That dude gets away with that shit every game.  Sherman is a beast but plays to the rules.  Browner is constantly draped over receivers and just seems to get away with it.

The Jets D played well you have to feel for the Saints when you lose one of their main offensive weapons that early though.  Jimmy Graham missed a few series as well with his elbow.  I wasn't impressed with the Jets QB if I'm honest especially giving the Saints the ball back to have a chance to win at the end.  The defense played so well it didn't matter though.

Also good to see the Jets playing smash mouth again properly.  Which is all Rex Ryan's teams are really good at.

I should clarify... Geno impressed, more because he didn't fuck up rather than anything else. He threw wildly into triple coverage only once - which is an improvement from weeks gone by. He also faked out the saints D with a hard count a couple of times - which was a nice veteran's touch. The optimist in me says we would've won even if Graham hadn't fucked his spanish archer but I know we probably wouldn't.

We have no wide receivers

God it's painful to watch San Fran just now.

OC seems determined that we're going to throw on 1st and 3rd down every series despite having NO ONE to throw too.

Vernon got concussed yesterday so it was literally just Boldin.  Manningham came back but he's not 100% yet so struggled to get open or even create seperation.  Yet still we're attempting to throw it 2 out of 3 downs when we have one of the best rushing offenses in the league.

It's madness.  Cost us the game yesterday to Carolina.  Cam played well but Carolina just out rushed us and that's purely because we attempted too many throws.

We need Crabtree back so bad.

Tough one to lose Davis. Only caught the 'Highlights' but those stats don't make great reading for 49ers fans.

Didn't have much invested in the games yesterday - Jets had a bye week, as did KC. A few decent matchups - Watched the GIants game and parts of the Denver and Dallas games. No huge surprises at all this weekend.

I'm hoping the Bucs get off the mark and dick the fish tonight - would do us a nice favour. We're well in the hunt and this locker room turmoil in miami couldn't have come at a better time. We've got two games against them coming up too.

No huge surprises at all this weekend.

Then how the heck did I only get 6 correct results in my pick'em league this week? Oh yeah, forgot that Aaron Rogers was knacked, that Tennessee always lose against the worst team in the league and that Buffalo aren't to be trusted on the road.

Then there was the Colts getting dicked on by the Rams - can't say I saw that coming. I wouldn't have been surprised to see a close game between them but for the Rams to win by 30 with the Colts only getting a single touchdown is crazy.

How bad are Atlanta by the way?

No one's talking about it that much but they have been awful this season.  I guess that's what happens when you mortgage the farm for two years to move up and take a wide receiver in the draft.

"Matty Ice" (still the worse self given nickname in history) also going to show that an average quarterback in what had been a good team will show up eventually.

I'm hoping the Bucs get off the mark and dick the fish tonight - would do us a nice favour. We're well in the hunt and this locker room turmoil in miami couldn't have come at a better time. We've got two games against them coming up too.

Bingo! 

Well, I wouldn't quite call it a 'dicking' but they got the job done (just). A technically terrible but very interesting game last night. I'd never noticed how dorky Glennon is. He looks so out of place. Most QBs look pretty weedy (the new crop of pumped adonis aside) but this guy looks like he's a snooker player or something.

How fucking dumb are football players by the way?! it constantly amazes me how idiotic they can be: getting called for needless personal fouls, excessive celebrations... Schiano must have the patience of a saint because his team are the worst offenders for this mindless shit. On at least 2 occassions he calmy had to ask one of his players 'what the fuck are you thinking?!' Philbin had to do the same a couple of times too. 

Yeah, Falcons are terrible. They went 8-0 to start last season too. What happened to Michael Turner?... Apparently he's a free agent after failing a physical at the start of the season. I don't understand... he looked unplayable at times last season. I've not seen much of their games this season, what's their main problem?