aberdeen-music

Nfl

Nev

Although they lost, I think the Chiefs asserted themselves as a strong and capable team. Playing in Denver means long punts and no kick-off returns which they are so strong at. With that nullified they also needed to keep the Broncos from scoring big because a shoot-out is out of the question with their conservative offense.

You're right, Alex Smith isn't a clutch QB. You can't see him ever owning a 2 minute drill or coming up with big plays when needed- that worries me for their chances in the playoffs.

Dat D Do

I'm not gonna even talk about the Jets this week. Just fuck off. Everyone. The fucking Giants are gonna make the playoffs and we're not. That is gonna happen.

Although they lost, I think the Chiefs asserted themselves as a strong and capable team. Playing in Denver means long punts and no kick-off returns which they are so strong at. With that nullified they also needed to keep the Broncos from scoring big because a shoot-out is out of the question with their conservative offense.

You're right, Alex Smith isn't a clutch QB. You can't see him ever owning a 2 minute drill or coming up with big plays when needed- that worries me for their chances in the playoffs.

Dat D Do

I'm not gonna even talk about the Jets this week. Just fuck off. Everyone. The fucking Giants are gonna make the playoffs and we're not. That is gonna happen.

I think my comment might read slightly harshly.

Remember the 2011 Niners went to the NFC Championship game and lost to NY.  SO by no means are the Chiefs not legit.

They're not going to win the Superbowl with Alex Smith though.

I would love to see it.  I have mad respect for Alex and Andy Reid so it would be good.  Can't see it though.

They won't win for sure. They did however prove some critics wrong last night. They kept Denver in check for most of the game and with a few good plays could really have won.

Tonight's game is almost as tasty as last night's matchup. Gruden thinks the Panthers are the real deal and I'm inclined to agree with him (there's nothing about football he doesn't know after all). 

Re watched the niners highlights and can still see why we are so annoyed at the Refs decision to baby Brees.

I can totally understand why you could give that as a decision with the current rules regarding QBs but come on.  What game is this anymore?  You can't even hit the QB at all.

There is no consistency either.  This is in the same game.

Left the penalty Brees gets, right the penalty Kap doesn't get.

iMF5eCu.jpg

Should the NFL punish Brooks for his hit poll from ESPN results.

pQZnXmb.jpg

Fucking New Orleans fans they live in a world of their own.  They still deny the whole bountygate fiasco and this is well.  If something my team does and gets away with I happily admit it as it's not like it changes the result, I think most fans are that way.  Not NO though.

I'm not even as annoyed about the call pretty much costing us the game (we'd have got the the ball back on the 50 yard line with 3 mins to go and a 3 point lead).

It's the changes to being allowed to tackle the QB is making to the game.  

I understand the defenseless receiver stuff and even the push to not tackle with your helmet to his head.  With QBs though you can't hit from the knee down, you cant hit from the shoulders up s the tackle box is becoming tiny.  

If the QB ducks or tries to avoid it and the defender then hits him in the head, that's a flag.  If you are trying to swat the ball in his hand and you hit his head (even with no real power), that's a flag.  If you are trying a "swim move" on a guard or the center and you hit his head, that's a flag.  It's getting beyond a joke it really restricts what defensive linemen can do and means teams are having to just play more and more pass D.  

Never Forget

Didn't see much football this past wknd but managed to win some money (like 10 quid) with one day fantasy. 

Jets were beyond awful. If I was on defence there i'd be asking some serious questions of my offensive teammates. They offered nothing. Possibly the worst offensive performance I've ever seen tbh. It's tough going as a Jets fan. No idea how they're 5-6. 

RG3 seems to be this year's Cam Newton. Poor guy. He's just not playing well though. I'm confident he possesses long term quality and will haul himself back to the early promise. The injury is definitely impacting his performances. Shanahan sticking the boot in at every occassion doesn't help things.

Been seeing some crazy stats on /r/nfl recently - Foles having the best passer rating of anyone ever in a single month and needing to throw 42 straight interceptions to match Eli's rating being two. There've been more but I can't remember them. Basically, this season is weird.

Yeah I feel for RG3 but he's only playing because he said he wants too.  He is not 100%.  I would be surprised if he was 50 at this point after that knee surgery and playing 10 games.

Whisper it quietly but... did you see the 49ers throw the ball this weekend?  Not sure if Redskin D is that bad or we were ok.  Crabtree is back this weekend though.  In time for a real run through the playoffs?  I hope so.  Davis, Crab and Boldin is a good receiving corps.  If any or all of them are healthy.

The skins fucked themselves over a bit giving away all those high round picks. Terrible call from the officials to fuck them over last night but they should've won it long before then. Glad to see RGIII play well.

Jets...fuck off. Zero offense. Geno isn't helping himself but I do feel for him having noone decent to throw to. That loss means the game i'm going to on the 22nd of Dec is pretty much meaningless which im pissed about. Our defense had about 3 (I think) red zone stops. They're playing out of their skin and I hope the front 3 get to the Pro Bowl so there's at least something to be happy about as a Jets fan.

Watched a lot of college football this weekend (was out in the sticks and had nothing better to do). Caught some of the Ohio State Michigan game. Great finish with an attempted 2pt conversion picked off. Also saw some of the Texas A&M game...Johnny football is a joy to watch. Can't wait to see how he fairs in the NFL. Can't help but think he'll get firmly put in his place and sacked often though. There's no way he'll be able to play that squirmy style of his with the big boys. I've never seen such agility in the pocket and accurate on-the-run passing, he really is amazing. He's only a sophomore too right? Crazy ability at such a young age.

The Auburn game was something else... 

For anyone arsed... last second missed field goal that was caught and returned 100+ yards with no time left on the clock. Alabama had been unbeaten and utterly unplayable up untill that point. Crazy scenes.

Andre Johnson deserves better than Houston.  I hope they trade him in the off season.

He's been a beast for 11 seasons in what apart from two playoff seasons has been a horrible Houston team.

In the twilight of his career now and has had 3 qbs.  One playing horrible, a rookie and one with about 6 games experience.  He still has over 1200 yards in 13 games.