aberdeen-music

Nfl

Nev

Watched it @ lunch - he should be in jail......... 

As far as what happens to his career it's obviously more complicated - In any other job he'd be sacked and i'm fine with that.

But the NFL does love rehabilitating "good guys" that made "one mistake". I didn't actually realise til yesterday that Pacman was still playing until Smith facemasked him.......

Yeah I have no idea why he's not in jail (I do, money) because the police had this video all along.

I believe the report is wrong and the NFL hadn't seen this.  The Ravens should release him.  I know he's a great player and all but there are some levels teams shouldn't protect players like that.

Same thing with Ray McDonald at the 49ers just now, if it's true he should be released as well.

If the Ravens or 49'ers did do that then someone else would just pick them up. Clubs would get a ton of salary cap room too, wouldn't be any kind of punishment or deterrent to clubs or players.

Banning them for a season or more and making clubs eat their contracts would put a lot more pressure to actually manage and discipline players.

I didn't think there were that many unnecessary flags to be honest... It was an extremely hard hitting game, I winced just about every snap. There was the crown hit on big Ben that set the tone at the start. Then everyone was just going at it the whole game. Polamalu is insane. He hits with such ferocity. Mostly fairly but I think all round the hits were getting a bit dangerous.

I watched all of the first half then bits of the second. Maybe I missed some bad calls. Didn't know Smith snr had so much game left in him. He looks like he's 25. He's a great target to have for flacco.

I didn't think the steelers were that bad, we're it not for a couple of bone head fumbles and such, and poor red zone play they could have kept it close. I love some of their 'gimmick' plays and that tight end Smith looks handy. They started strong on offence but their d took a battering all game. Flacco was flawless.

The Steelers RB Bell looks like he could be a star.  He got 800 yards in 13 games in his rookie season but he looks like he's not slowing down.  Something for Pitt to really build the offense around.

Agree on Smith, he does look good.  Hopefully he can keep it up all year.

Flacco is an infuriating QB to me, he can be really good like last night then there are days he's just beyond awful.  He has a $100million contract so he really should be better than those days for getting that pay.  He's a bit Jay Cutler to me, which isn't that bad but also isn't that great?  He's got a ring so you can't argue with that I suppose.

Dalton's got a $100mill contrract as well  - seems adequate gets you the big bucks these days. 

Flacco's got a good (if variable) arm, he's reasonably dependable and he doesn't panic. I'd rather have him than Eli.

Elite gets thrown at any QB that wins a few games - for me there's Payton and Brady and then there's everyone else, and Flacco probably sits at the top tier of everyone else.