aberdeen-music

Nfl

Nev

Bills lost to the Pats. And since the Pats are basically "the Boston team", I fucking hate them. I have nothing else to say about it really, except...I fucking hate Boston sports teams. As a newbie to the Bills, I've now learned this is shared amongst Bills fans. I'm fitting right in.

Though, 3-3 isn't bad too bad is it? What sort of record is likely to get us into the playoffs?

Edited by Teabags

Bills lost to the Pats. And since the Pats are basically "the Boston team", I fucking hate them. I have nothing else to say about it really, except...I fucking hate Boston sports teams. As a newbie to the Bills, I've now learned this is shared amongst Bills fans. I'm fitting right in.

Though, 3-3 isn't bad too bad is it? What sort of record is likely to get us into the playoffs?

Anything around 10 wins should get you in or around the playoff wildcards.  If your division is weak you could get in with 9-7.

Bills are in the AFC East with The Patriots, Dolphins and the mighty Jets. Patriots win every year.

Jets fans hate the Dolphins and Patriots with a passion (Patriots the most) but seem to not be too bothered by the Bills. It's gonna be pretty tight this year but I think the Patriots will hit their stride in November and December leaving the rest of us fighting for scraps.

Bills are in the AFC East with The Patriots, Dolphins and the mighty Jets. Patriots win every year.

Jets fans hate the Dolphins and Patriots with a passion (Patriots the most) but seem to not be too bothered by the Bills. It's gonna be pretty tight this year but I think the Patriots will hit their stride in November and December leaving the rest of us fighting for scraps.

I guess the Bills not making the playoffs since 2000 has something to do with the Jets not worrying about them.

We won again last night, Kap played well and threw for over 300 yards.  He has very similar numbers to Steve Youngs similar number of games.  Big shoes.

Bz4PHfFIgAAb60P.jpg

The media will probably still stir some stories about locker room dissent and that they all hate Harbaugh.  They've been doing that the past two seasons as well.  Won't rock the boat as long as the team keeps winning.

I saw that on reddit this morning. Very impressive especially considering the late season start. Watched the 2nd quarter last night and was shouting at the screen because Crabtree only had to get 10 yards to put me in the money with my one day fantasy team. Only won 5 bucks like but that's 3 weeks straight I've won cash now.

De milliner out for the season for us. He has now very rightly earned injury prone status. A few bright spots in Sunday's game. Jace amaro being one and a relatively clean game for geno the other. I'm quietly confident about the game against the pats.

So, I don't know much about the Bills yet (or football in general) but I do know that Fred Jackson is da bomb, Kyle Orton has played well standing in, and that we have decent Defense. And apparently that Defense has been beating up other teams pretty hard...

http://www.buffalorumblings.com/bills-news-notes/2014/10/15/6975413/buffalo-bills-opponent-injuries-2014-stevan-ridley-danny-woodhead

How we managed to rush 200 yards and still lose is beyond me. Zero red zone threat. Touchdowns win games, simple as that. If it wasn't for Nick Folk we would've been out of the game in the first half. He's a tremendous asset.

Hard to point blame. Aside from a few dropped balls we played great, just couldn't get it into the end zone.

Our season is over just as it's about to start. I fully expect us to win our next three at least but itll count for nothing. We faced six top QBs in a row which was our undoing. A weak team offensively yes but if there was a tampa or a Carolina in there our record would be very different.

Geno played great though. Onwards to next season.

Decker is a good number two receiver but the Jets paid him like a one.  Need a proper number one receiver but those are hard to come by.  That's what gets you touchdowns though.

Colb is right, your schedule is ok and the Pats next 6 game schedule is awful.  It's something like Bears, Denver, San Diego, Colts, Lions and Packers.

Geno did look pretty awesome at times last night. He's going to grow for sure - that's really great to see.

Decker and Amaro are the bright spots on our offense (i'm still not chalking Ivory up as a good RB despite yesterday's stats). If Geno can get the ball to them regularly we'll be absolutely fine. A 6 foot 5 target man to pluck out those slow lobs over the top in the end zone would be nice but I guess we'll have to work with what we've got - seriously, we would have scored so many touchdowns like that this season. 

Oh yes but everything at this point is a last gasp effort. Idzik does have a decent track record of trading late round picks for really good players though. Revis, Sheldon Richardson for example.

There's a school of thought (jets reddit board) that thinks the trade is all to find out if they really do need to rethink the QB position or whether geno is the man. If he can't get production going through decker and harvin then he won't get it with anyone.