aberdeen-music

Nfl

Nev

I wrote out a huge post about the weekend's action. Went to post and the site froze. I'll re-do it in summary form.

Marvin Lewis' flag was a highlight. Mad props to him for playing the game so sneakily. Catch 22 for the refs.

Giants might have a worse record than the Jets come season's end. Harbaugh to the Jets is interesing, the RGIII rumours worrying (although I still think he could be a top QB, not sure it'd be worth the risk). Really hope we miss out on/don't go for Mariotta (Geno mark II) in the draft.

JJ Watt is incredible. Putting up numbers each week that are what players look to reach in a season.

Pleased for Manziel getting meaningful snaps and a TD. The drama fan in me wants him to get the starter position.

I wrote out a huge post about the weekend's action. Went to post and the site froze. I'll re-do it in summary form.

Marvin Lewis' flag was a highlight. Mad props to him for playing the game so sneakily. Catch 22 for the refs.

Giants might have a worse record than the Jets come season's end. Harbaugh to the Jets is interesing, the RGIII rumours worrying (although I still think he could be a top QB, not sure it'd be worth the risk). Really hope we miss out on/don't go for Mariotta (Geno mark II) in the draft.

JJ Watt is incredible. Putting up numbers each week that are what players look to reach in a season.

Pleased for Manziel getting meaningful snaps and a TD. The drama fan in me wants him to get the starter position.

Problem for anyone that wants Harbaugh is they have to trade for him.  Baalke will get value in that trade as well, he's one of the best GMs around.

Pretty sad if Harbaugh goes, he's been terrific leading us out of a pretty horrible decade.  Saying that the media has a total boner for rumours about him and the team.  So him leaving might reduce the attention on us and let us get on with being a good team again.

Ideally want Gruden to replace him if he'll leave ESPN.  I think if any team has a chance of getting him we do.  He has a team that's pretty close to another Superbowl run and a QB that he can really work with.  If not I'd rather get a college coach (Standford's springs to mind)  or top coordinator (one of Seattle's ideally) than a failed NFL head coach.

On the RG3 thing, if we needed a QB I'd be happy trading for him.  As long as it was a mid rounder not a 1, 2 or 3.  He can still make it with a little love from the Head Coach and staying injury free.  A 4th would be value I'd say.

I like Manziel but I feel more bad for Hoyer, he's done really well in his starts apart from the last two weeks and they still might replace him.  He's a Cleveland native and fan as well.  Sucks to be him really.  Fans and team are just waiting for him to fail.

You can have Rex Ryan if you want.

Gruden is the holy grail. I'd love to see him back coaching even if it was for one of my least favourite teams. I read somewhere that he said he'd only go back to coaching for the Raiders. Could be nonsense though.

Hoyer has handled himself commendably this season. Perhaps it's because of the media circus around the team but he's gotten his head down and done his job well. He's not making spectacular plays or leading game-winning 2 minute drills every week though (and of course he doesn't need to) so there's always gonna be a bit of pro-Manziel sentiment around. As a pure football fan, i'd prefer to see Manziel in there for that dual threat aspect. It makes for better watching imo.

He was only given one read passes as well.  He has one of the best WR in the NFL on that team, Gordon was open on multiple plays and the ball was late or not thrown at all.

I know that Hoyer had been struggling recently as well but as far as I can see this season Hoyer gives you the best chance to win.  Cleveland were still capable of playoffs.

Edited by Captain America

It wasn't pretty but I've seen a lot worse this season. 1st start, huge pressure, bust tag being thrown around as well as a uncharacteristically weak defense that left him with very little ball time. I'm not saying he was good, just not ready to go all '1st round pick, 6th round talent' just yet.

Geno played immense. Chipped in with a quality bit of trash talk and took a punch like a LAD. A horrid game between two sides trying to lose but not really. I hate the entire 1st pick chase concept.