aberdeen-music

Nfl

Nev

Some terrible play calling in the red zone cost us on Monday. I just don't get how you can throw fades when you have an RB gaining 6 yards a carry. A lot of jets fans seem to think Geno is impervious to criticism but whatever plays he's being told to run, you can't be throwing wayward passes into traffic like he was. Still, the bits he did do right, he looked much better than he did all last season.

6th in the league on D and 8th on offense so far. Can't be too unhappy with that. We let 2 games slip out of our hands which is nagging me though.

Not in the second half...

http://www1.skysports.com/american-football/news/12118/9488140/nfl-on-sky-sports-monday-night-football-is-part-of-new-five-year-agreement

Sky have got the rights to Monday night football in the UK now.  Good overall, Skys coverage is the best.  I enjoy Mike Carlson though when he does the Superbowl for whoever and when he used to do Channel 4s games.  It's about time Sky replaced Kevin Cadle though, he just can't present.

I'm finally getting into this after a few years of trying. I've no real idea what's going on during most plays, but I've figured the rules out and can appreciate the more exciting moments.

The Sky coverage helps, particularly when there are other games on at the same time. I find it quite difficult to pay attention during all the stoppages, so it's cool that they pop-up with highlights from other games during breaks in play. I'm sure the analysts are pretty decent too, but I haven't a clue what they're talking about most of the time. Still: LEARNING.

Trying to pick a team to align myself with, as sports are more fun that way. I like the Chargers, as San Diego is one of my favourite places, and the Colts, though I'm conscious of glory-hunting. Raiders, maybe? Coolest name/logo, pure shite team.

Sorry for such a derpy post, just thought I'd chime in. FOOTBAWL, etc.

You can't really glory hunt in NFL other than maybe the Pats.  No other team is constantly competitive for the last 10 or so years.  So just pick whoever you like.

My old man is a Raiders fan and that's pretty much been 25 years of pain.  Me supporting San Fran was just after their glory era so I had about 10 years of awful before the last 3 seasons.

One of the great things about football is the complexity of the rules. It leads to some interesting moments.

Glad you're getting into it. Once you start knowing teams and players as well as the rules you'll be hooked.

I don't know if they have it in the UK but the red zone channel is awesome. It's just non stop action with no breaks. Cuts between every game. I'll watch it if there's no Jets game on.

I don't know if they have it in the UK but the red zone channel is awesome. It's just non stop action with no breaks. Cuts between every game. I'll watch it if there's no Jets game on.

You used to be able to get redzone on the red button on sky - I don't have sky now so unsure if it's still there.

It's fucking great. I'll usually watch it for the first half and then go to the Ravens game.

Edited by colb

After watching the Raiders/Dolphins game last night, there is no way in hell I want to throw my support behind Oakland.

San Francisco game was fun though. Their QB looks incredibly indecisive with the ball in his hands, though. Is this because his team-mates weren't making the runs, the defence were snuffing them out effectively, or is he just a bit dopey?

Slowly figuring the sport out. I've bought a book and everything! Watching some of the bigger plays come off is pretty exhilarating stuff.

• Upvote 1