aberdeen-music

Nfl

Nev

Sorry captain. I've meant to post a few times but didn't get round to it this week.

The browner news just goes to prove my point about NFL players being among the dumbest athletes there is. Do you know anything espn hasn't told me about the story? Guy gets caught twice using PEDs, claims he didn't know about missing tests.

I think Pete Carroll is a bit suspect in all this.  Since he joined the Seahawks they've had the most suspensions in the NFL for PED use.

Last year almost there entire starting DBs were suspended the two CBs and the SS.  Only Sherman won his appeal.

His buddy ra ra approach to head coaching is good for getting the players to play for him (that's why he did so well in college).  It leaves a lot to be desired when your team is breaking league rules though.  It falls to him to stop it.

• 2 weeks later...

That's two weeks in a row the Jets were great. Geno playing relaxed is a very nice thing to watch. I know it's entirely irrelevant to the rest of the NFL (except the fact we fucked over the phishes) but those last two games were a great end to the season - Rex retains HC and lots to look forward to with Geno next year. Miliner at safety has shone too after taking a lot of flack over the season. 

Ending at Green Bay/Bears was fantastic.

Felt sorry for Kyle Orton losing the Eagles game (untill I learned how much he is on and remembered it's the Cowboys)

I think the Panthers are gonna  my team to support in the playoffs.

So Clowney and Jonny Football declaring for the draft!! Two extremely exciting players. Already looking forward to next season. I assume the Texans will take Clowney with the first pick? I'm not clued up on who will take who and when though so I might be talking out my arse.

Manziel's highlight reel is just insane and Clowney is one of these once in a generation talents. 

• Upvote 1

Great games this weekend except the Bungles slightly shitting the bed.

Really glad to see my 49ers come through that tough road game in frozen GB.

I have a huge complaint though and it's been all season.  I love a ref with a bit of character but Ed Hochuli and some other referees have been doing this "let them play" bullshit all season and it's just wrong.  If it's a penalty, it's a penalty.  Throw the flag.

It almost cost us.  All the pundits on Sky and on the US game coverage were going mad when Rodgers escaped an easy sack on 4th and 2 to complete a pass down to the 9ers 2 yard line.  However he doesn't do that without the most obvious massive hold I've seen in years.

The refs have to be looking right at it because the guard literally rips the sacking DT off of rodgers and that lets him escape and make a great throw.

If it was an isolated incident then fine but the same thing happened on the Packers game winning drive against the Bears last week.

Here's a gif.  Try and spot the hold...

http://gfycat.com/DeterminedSorrowfulIrishdraughthorse

Edited by Captain America

So far so predictable in the playoffs. Decent games this weekend but nothing spectacular. Highlights included Phill Rivers freaking out every 2 minutes, Marshawn Lynch being Marshawn Lynch and that offside. Was hoping for at least one upset but it wasn't to be.

Im sticking by my pre-season pick of The Broncos to take it although really it's anyone's at this point. 49ers probably the least.

NFL couldn't have hoped for more.  This is the 4 best teams in the league.

The conference champ games are the BradyManning Bowl and the best rivalry currently in the NFL with the Hawks Niners.

Superbowl already has it's storyline of Pocket Passing Veteren vs New breed of mobile QBs with great defenses.

NFC is stronger for me whoever goes through those are two top defenses and good offenses.  Broncos and Pats D's are both middle of the road although Denver's showed up better in the last game.

If we don't go through I want Manning to win it.  Guy deserves more that one ring.  Probably the greatest to play that position.

Oh yeah throwing popcorn at a man who's career could be in danger with one of those injuries that's just uncomfortable to watch.  What a classy bunch of fans.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PZoD1_atpBY

We didn't even get the ball after that play for some reason.  Despite the fact he stripped the ball and was holding it as he got injured.  Refs really screwed that one, got a lot of coverage on Sports Centre/ESPN etc.

Edited by Captain America

They've pulled an admirable heel turn since the lovable Matt Hasselbeck-led rogues of a few years ago and Sherman cuts a mean promo - that was one of the greatest of all time. All it needed was good ol' JR on comms to make it perfect.

Ok, I fell asleep while it was only 3-0 to the 49ers so I don't know exactly what went on but I did catch all of the earlier game and that was one very comfortable performance by the Broncos. I'd love to see them win it to shut up the ridiculous hurrdurrmanningonlyhasoneringhemustbeshit crowd.

The fact the number one selling jersey for Seattle is their own "fan" number is pretty hilarious of how much the fans love themselves.

Interesting that Texas A&M did the whole 12 man thing way before anyone and even trademarked it.  They sued Seattle for using it years ago and they had to pay them off.

I'm not totally salty over the loss Seattle played fantastic second half but the Sherman and fans were so obnoxious about winning.   Be classy when you win and lose please.

Fuck classy. It's beyond boring. Bland post-game platitudes are everywhere in sport, they're no fun at all and I'd rather they didn't bother with those interviews if all a player/coach allowed to say is "executed well when it mattered/respect the other team/look forward to the challenge in the next game". They're going to the Super Bowl, I'd be pumped up about that too.

I'm not too bothered by Sherman's antics - I mean, any egotistical peacocking I find a bit embarrassing but I won't be sending him death threats like most people seem to be doing. Kap mimicking Cam Newton the other week is on par I'd say. Have a bit of respect and people will respect you.

The popcorn throwing is wack though. The 12th man is a dick.

I know what you mean but Cam and Kap are friends.  They roomed together at the combine.

Sherman's was aimed at another losing player and was in no way jokey.

Still i'm looking forward to the Superbowl.  Really want Peyton to get a 2nd ring.  Hope he doesn't retire if he does though.  It'll be tempting for him after the best statistical season of a QB ever and a ring if he can get one...

At half-time Terry Bradshaw was all 'let the kid throw the ball' in reference to Kaepernick. I thought the exact opposite. I felt they were doing well with the ground and pound and should've continued doing what they were doing. Seattle played well in the 2nd half and deserved the win. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tjiQ6yv0Dg4#t=0

Terry Bradshaw also said before the game that is was the biggest game in Kap's career...

That's Superbowl though Terry.  That was easy..?

Bradshaw should be the poster child of the no hits to the head NFL Goodell is going with.

• Upvote 1

You're probably right, it is a bit more a big deal than Kap's superman and he should have shown a little more respect. That said, it's good entertainment.

I picked the Broncos to go all the way pre-pre-season so I'm definitely rooting for them. Payton getting another ring and the 12th man being further reasons to support them. I think it'll be a Broncos blowout actually. I just don't see how they'll be able to stop Payton when he's in the zone. He's so workmanlike.

You're probably right, it is a bit more a big deal than Kap's superman and he should have shown a little more respect. That said, it's good entertainment.

I picked the Broncos to go all the way pre-pre-season so I'm definitely rooting for them. Payton getting another ring and the 12th man being further reasons to support them. I think it'll be a Broncos blowout actually. I just don't see how they'll be able to stop Payton when he's in the zone. He's so workmanlike.

I kinda agree and hope your right.  I don't think Seattle can get too Peyton.  It's like against the 49ers first half especially they got no pressure on the QB and Kap holds it for like 5-6 seconds.  That's a huge difference to Peyton who is like 2-3 seconds and the ball is gone.

It really is up to Sherman and that secondary to show they are what they say they are and win the games.

Russell has been pretty horrible in the post season, he has the second lowest QB rating in the playoffs this year so he is due a good day.  Hope it doesn't happen though.