aberdeen-music

Nfl

Nev

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I don't want to say anything too early but I really like what Cleveland is doing in Free Agency so far.  They are adding to an already good defence, they lost TJ Ward but got Whitner so it's not too bad.

They have two first round picks this year and already have a decent OLine and have a stud WR.  If they can pick up a FA running back and draft a QB they could actually have a good season.  I would love to see Cleveland do well, you just feel sorry for that franchise.

Actually think your going to take one of the top WR in the 1st round so if it works really well in 2016 Decker will be the number 2.  So it could be a good move.

49ers got Boldin back.  That was the biggest move we could have made.  Now got a fit Crabtree, Boldin and Davis.  That can do some real damage.

We need to get a DL in the draft early.  Need another big DE to learn from Justin Smith then take his place in 2 years time.  Tank Carradine and lattimore are back this year after we wrote off their rookie years after drafting them from huge injuries.  Tank was going to go top 10 I read last year till he got injured.  Hopefully he's back beast mode this year.

With Vick visiting the Jets are they even that sold on Geno?  His rookie year wasn't that incredible.  Saying that he didn't have a great deal to work with either.

Vick looks nailed on at the moment. Not sure how I feel about it. Geno wasn't spectacular (awful at times actually) but he has mad potential and a great arm. Can see him fading into obscurity if Vick comes in, which is a shame. Vick's as solid a QB as we could hope to get at the moment but i'd like to see Geno get another chance.

Manziel had a pretty good pro day.  Going to be interesting where he goes now.

Like all the great hopes of QBs that can go first overall I just want him to go to the best team that can draft him.  So many great talents go to an awful team with no OLine, rubbish defense and no run game.  They just get beaten up, lose all confidence and that's it.  Career over.

Houston is the best landing spot, good D, can run with one of the best running backs and a veteran star receiver.  Great situation and it's basically his home town team.  Good face for the Texans franchise for years.

Can't wait for the draft now.  I have genuinely no idea whats going to happen in the first round.

Usually I have a pretty good idea of at least top 5.

The QBs seem to be rated fairly evenly and with Johnny Football's character issues holding him back they could go in any order.

Clowney is a physical freak on the levels of Lebron James in the NBA but seems like he has no work ethic and everyone is worried if he will put in the hours necessary to be great in the NFL.  Otherwise he is a slam dunk number 1 pick.

Also if a WR is getting touted to go top 5 he must be pretty special (Sammy Watkins).

There's going to be lots of trades in the first round that's for sure.  I see my 49ers moving up to the late teens to grab a CB.

It really is getting excited. Clowney to Houston and Johnny to Jacksonville seemed likely from what the analysts were saying after pro days but who knows. I havent even tried keeping up with who's likely to trade picks and the mock drafts change drastically day by day.

I really do hope these two guys do well in the nfl... clowney seems more nailed on to become a pro bowler. To me he's the 1st pick for sure.

I think you just have to take the risk on him.  The pure physical talent is just too much to ignore.

Johnny Football... I just don't know.  If I was any franchise other than Jax/The Browns I wouldn't.  Too much Tebow possibility.

He is obviously a more capable pro style player than Tebow was but he's not the prototype of what you would want and is a huge risk unless you are a lower 1st round pick.  However Jax and the Browns just need a face and bums on seats.

Experts seem to think Blake Bortles is the best QB in the draft now.  Also Derek Carr (brother of Texans first ever overall pick) in now a first rounder apparently and is rated higher than his brother coming out of college.

Yeah, I think the appeal of Manziel is enough to go on alone. He will put arses on seats and the media scrutiny is not a bad thing for a franchise whether they're winning or not. As you say, it's a bit like the Tebow situation only this guy's got way more potential. Bringing in such a personality will give everyone a boost and who knows... maybe he will turn out to be a franchise leader. Whatever happens, this coming season is gonna be box-office. Can't wait. I don't want to speak too soon but... even the Jets might be a team to watch!

I've not seen much of Blake Bortles (my college football watching dipped about mid-season). Who is in the hunt for him?

Yeah, I think the appeal of Manziel is enough to go on alone. He will put arses on seats and the media scrutiny is not a bad thing for a franchise whether they're winning or not. As you say, it's a bit like the Tebow situation only this guy's got way more potential. Bringing in such a personality will give everyone a boost and who knows... maybe he will turn out to be a franchise leader. Whatever happens, this coming season is gonna be box-office. Can't wait. I don't want to speak too soon but... even the Jets might be a team to watch!

I've not seen much of Blake Bortles (my college football watching dipped about mid-season). Who is in the hunt for him?

Houston/Browns/Vikings/Raiders/Titans are the ones to watch for all the top QB prospects really.  Browns could grab a top pick at 4 (Watkins or an OT) and hope one of the QBs drops all the way down to 20whatever their second first rounder is.

Chris Johnson is getting released today.  Widely expected to go to the Jets.

I understand we have the cap space and he would be a definite upgrade to our current set of Powell and Ivory (although Ivory in particular looked great the last half of the season) but i'm not as excited about having Chris Johnson as I should be. He's clearly still fucked from his injury. That said, you can't pass him up if there's a chance he'll be fit.

• 2 weeks later...

So we did sign CJ2K in the end. Pretty exciting to have that big a name at RB.

My mate works for this incredibly nerdy fantasy sports analysis company and sends me articles now an again. Sent me these ones today, really interesting read. 

http://www.numberfire.com/nfl/news/2028/5-reasons-to-stop-any-chris-johnson-excitement

http://www.numberfire.com/nfl/news/1994/why-chris-johnson-isn-t-even-average