aberdeen-music

indoor pets...cat or rabbit?

Guest Tam o' Shantie

frosty, rats are incontinent....did you fit yours with a small septic tank or something??

No, they're really not. Less sophisticated rodents like mice are, but rats can easily be trained to go in one place. They use it as territorial marking (don't we all) so they will usually go in their own cage.

You may be thinking of wild rats which are a very different proposition. I wouldn't go near one of those, they're just tinks.

Fancy Rats | Home

Get a small dog, Jack Russell, beagle something with short hair so you dont have to wipe its arse every day. It will be more of a companion than a cat/rabbit, dogs can also be trained to use litter trays. Great walks in the park with the loved one, cant do that with a cat can you?

Dogs know their limits

Dogs respect you, cats walk over you and rabbits well sometimes i wonder if they are even on this planet.

im with frosty on the rats, ive had 5 over the past two years and they are amazing creatures. Very friendly if you tame them from an early age and as frosty says they can be very clean if again trained properly. The two ive got at the moment get out a lot and never cause any issues. There is nothing sweeter than having two rats curled up asleep on your lap.

There are no boundaries with a cat, they go wherever they bloody please, including your kitchen worktops so you'd be cleaning all the time but rabbits are smelly buggers.

We've got two and they need cleaned out twice a week, the boy pees all over his level of the hutch and the female in once place but she kicks all her bedding out...

I'd say get a Shih Tzu!! They're fab dogs, they take a while to train but they're so cuddly, don't grow huge and are great guard dogs (they make a hell of a lot of noise if there's someone they haven't met before coming into your garden!)

I had 2 male rats a couple of years back and while they generally didn't piss on floors etc once they had grown up, they did piss on me and my other half every time we handled them. It's apparently a sign of affection as they are marking you as theirs, but it's pretty hinging to be honest. Having said that they were good pets....

rabbit:

easy to look after. lives in a hutch, but needs out to run around at least once a day. can be trained to use a litter tray. chews everything within site once out cage. probably smells a bit of pee, need to clean hutch regularly, shit doesn't smell.

cat:

bit more of a handful. lives wherever it pleases. instinctively uses a litter tray. claws things? smells like nothing in particular. no hutch to clean. shit smells like it was fired out by satan himself.

it's pet time for PT's girlfriend. which is a better idea for a flat?

who's PT?.... PT from the Who? I'm confused, his or her micro-celibrity has had little or no impact on my media nodes.................

get a ferret.

Im also an Ex rat owner and would highly recommend them to anyone who has time to actually look after a pet...Its amazing what rats can actually be trained to do......Just a pity wild rats give them a bad rep.....Me and my old flat mate had a rat each and my flatmate was inbetween jobs at the time and he trained his rat azwad all sorts of neat tricks....Our rts were also house rats and also returned to there cage to do there bussiness...

I have a dog now...A wee orange sable pomeranian which when i take out for walks i get people shouting shit like "oi mister is that yer grunnies dug"

cutepuppy6rv4.th.jpgthpix.gif

wulliebyv6.th.jpgthpix.gif

His Name is Mr Wullie-Burton

It's not a dog if you can convert it like a rugby ball...

LOL believe it or not someone has actually said that to me before..........Plus that was the dog my missus wanted...what was i meant to sayto her get a scary dog so it scares the shite out of anyone we pass.....LOL i dont need a dog for that.......