aberdeen-music

An open letter to the staff of the Belmont Picture House

Panda Strong

The customer is always right, always try to help them to the best of your ability as the nicer you are to them the quicker you get rid of them, and they will probably be nicer the next time they come back.

I tend to keep this attitude, not only because I want people to leave as quickly as possible (only really if there's a queue or they're horrible), but because I pretty much genuinely don't have the audacity to be rude to anyone, let alone people I'm supposed to help/'serve'.:down:

• 4 weeks later...

Pretty much all the Kilau staff need to be fired. I'm fed up of that place.

Went earlier tonight after i finished my statistics essay and met up with friends. Once we were the only folk left the two staff played Squarepusher at a stupid volume; as in, we had to shout to hear each other :down: ! Another in a long line of shitty behaviour i've had to put up with there.

Angry!

Went earlier tonight after i finished my statistics essay and met up with friends. Once we were the only folk left the two staff played Squarepusher at a stupid volume; as in, we had to shout to hear each other :down: ! Another in a long line of shitty behaviour i've had to put up with there.

Angry!

Every time I've been to Kilau I've experienced very friendly and efficient service.

Angry!

Did you not ask for it to be turned down?

I'm interested in hearing about your 'long line of shitty behaviour' in Kilau. Although by the looks of things, you're in the habit of attracting bad attitude.

Angry!

Hmmm I'll be on it first thing!

• Upvote 1

Did you not ask for it to be turned down?

I'm interested in hearing about your 'long line of shitty behaviour' in Kilau. Although by the looks of things, you're in the habit of attracting bad attitude.

I don't really think i should have had to ask them to turn it down!

Most of the staff are rude and very off hand'ish, even intimidating. I've been going in at least one a week for the past two years or so, and after all that time i still rarely get a "hello!" that's not forced and said at an almost inaudible volume. If i order a coffee or food, it's just flung on the table in front of me without a word.

There are 3 or 4 nice staff which all of the above is not directed at all though.

Does this guy like anywhere is Aberdeen? Or is it just independent stores he doesn't like? Chain stores are far better anyway....so much more interesting when everything is the same.

It slowly turning that way, yeah.

The staff in the 3 starbucks i've been into have been a gazillion times more friendly than that at kilau, which i'd rather have, chain or not.

---

I think the Squarepusher record was hello everything...but it's so long since i've listened to him that i get a bit confused.

Angry!

Well on the upside, I have no doubt that the staff will be made aware of this thread and will know exactly who you are.

On the downside, I think you can look forward to a special "home-made" element to your next latte.

I'm a Kilau fan....the staff have always been great when I'm in.........mind you, I'm rarely in after 6 pm, so maybe there's a 'night-shift' of evil staff which has escaped my attention. I've only been into Starbucks a very few times, but the staff were much like the staff in any other big concern....pretty impersonal, or friendly in an un-natural way which suggests they're worried about promotion etc.

I don't really think i should have had to ask them to turn it down!

Most of the staff are rude and very off hand'ish, even intimidating. I've been going in at least one a week for the past two years or so, and after all that time i still rarely get a "hello!" that's not forced and said at an almost inaudible volume. If i order a coffee or food, it's just flung on the table in front of me without a word.

Haha, I'd hardly call anyone who works at Kilau intimidating. Except Mark McCabe.

Having been in Kilau today, it was pointed out to me rather forcibly (I've still got the wristburns to prove it!) that my earlier post might be misconstrued as suggesting Mr McCabe had dodgy reasons for being down at the harbour. He tells me that he's only ever down there to mug drunk sailors. :up:

Good boy Alan...

See! I'm not the least bit intimidating!

The hard baguettes have been rectified by the by, we now have a separate, special batch for toasting!:up:

I think it would probably be more appropriate to disclose your concerns and complaints to the management in the businesses you appears to have grievances with. Airing dirty laundry in this forum is not a way to constructively criticise the proletariat (who are people with feelings apparently) it will only serve to alienate you from the users who share opposing opinions to yourself. Your comments in this thread are tantamount to a crass tabloid daily's slur campaign and help nobody; least not yourself.

• Upvote 1